Raid phases not fair to all players.

2Next

Replies

• Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    There are lots of guilds

Yes you are right, there are a lot of guilds. And the majority are doing all the same thing. Not only that but joining another guild doesn't fix the problem.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    I understand moving posts to organize the forums but since most people(including myself) basically just scrolls through the general discussion, it looks this post is obviously dying now cause it's like being swep under the rug and nobody is gonna see it. A quick search shows other people have been saying the same thing that I have said today about people skipping Phase one on purpose hoping to let others beat it. Phase 2 begins get crazy damage. Raid resets. Continue on phase 2 and get more damage. Other people wake in the morning to see they have 0 chance to even get top 10 or 20 for that matter.

Anyways a quick update it is now 50 minutes to raid reset, still on phase 1 and all the top ranked guild raiders for the pass 2 weeks with the millions of points in raid damage still haven't contributed yet. I bet if it was on phase 2 that would be a different story.

I guess we should just pretend this is how it works. Maybe we should just look the other way. But someone is gonna come along saying the same thing I have said along with many others how this is not fair and it is using guild members.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I agree it is not right but IMO it is an internal guild problem.
  • This sounds a lot like an internal guild problem. If you have a problem with people in your guild then bring it up with them. Damage is damage whether it comes from phase 1 or phase 2, and you have the option of bringing this up to everyone in your guild as an issue so no one does phase 1 and no one gets the damage from it, or just leaving the guild and joining a new one.

This isn't EA's problem, this is yours.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    This sounds a lot like an internal guild problem. If you have a problem with people in your guild then bring it up with them. Damage is damage whether it comes from phase 1 or phase 2, and you have the option of bringing this up to everyone in your guild as an issue so no one does phase 1 and no one gets the damage from it, or just leaving the guild and joining a new one.

The problem is on both sides. EA should make a better way to calculate damage for phase 1 bottom line. The fact that last night before raid character reset 17 people logged on and did the last 2% of phase one, started phase 2 got high on the damage raid leader boards, characters reset then they continued to do for extra damage by having another go at phase 2. Within 20 minutes the raid was in phase 3 and 4 people have damage in the millions basically setting the rewards they get in stone. So of course those people are doing in on purpose cause they choose to do that but what's to stop any other guild from doing the same? That's where it's EAs fault for not designing the raids better.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Aniema wrote: »
    This sounds a lot like an internal guild problem. If you have a problem with people in your guild then bring it up with them. Damage is damage whether it comes from phase 1 or phase 2, and you have the option of bringing this up to everyone in your guild as an issue so no one does phase 1 and no one gets the damage from it, or just leaving the guild and joining a new one.

The problem is on both sides. EA should make a better way to calculate damage for phase 1 bottom line. The fact that last night before raid character reset 17 people logged on and did the last 2% of phase one, started phase 2 got high on the damage raid leader boards, characters reset then they continued to do for extra damage by having another go at phase 2. Within 20 minutes the raid was in phase 3 and 4 people have damage in the millions basically setting the rewards they get in stone. So of course those people are doing in on purpose cause they choose to do that but what's to stop any other guild from doing the same? That's where it's EAs fault for not designing the raids better.

Are you suggesting double/triple/quadruple points for phase 1?
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Aniema wrote: »

Are you suggesting double/triple/quadruple points for phase 1?

No I don't think Phase one damage should be doubled or tripled. Whatever they do I just want the phases to be equal. It's a bummer that people make more damage in phase 2 than all the others. It's really starting to make me annoyed with certain people in the guild. I'd gladly jump ship or better yet start my own guild, bad thing is the problem is still gonna be there waiting for someone to use it to their advantage.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    After thinking about this for a while now. I think the best fix is to give better rewards for contributing for each phase. Give players a reason to run phase one and not skip it. If people choose to skip phase one so they can run phase two twice then they don't get the phase one reward. I don't know maybe this is a bad idea, but it would give me and maybe others an incentive to contribute on each phase instead of skipping phase one to do phase two twice.

I hope they do something about this. I really like this game but I can't help to feel the growing resentment toward others in the guild that are doing this on purpose to get first,second and third place every time we do a raid. It makes me not even want to ge in a guild. I could easily join another guild or make my own but it wouldn't matter cause the problem would still be there.
  • Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    as i see it they could A: let the adds in phase 1 count to score or B: add a say 10-20 % bonus to your score if you did phase 1
    another thing id like to see is calculating in the weekly contrubution for guild bank coins and guild currency earned to the DPS for the total raid score ,so the ppl who made the raid happend but dont have best toons for various reasons get a chance to get a good rank not just the top dps
    i mean for a mixed guild like the one i am in we all know a lvl 50 cant do the dps a lvl 80 can but the lvl 50 migth been the top contributer to making the raid happend that week
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I like the idea of letting the damage for the minions count. Our guild has our players with only 1 team wait till phase 2 if possible because sometimes that can't get past the minions.

I guess I don't have the rosters that "everyone else" does because I do way more damage in P1 and P4 than in P2 and P3.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Tier 3, Phase 1 (Pigs) ... a Level 70 Team without Ackbar ... 100-200k damage, the same Team with Ackbar ... 1.6+mil ...

If you are lucky and a rebels fan, you got ackbar and rule the first phase of the raid, if you are not, you lose without a chance.

IMO just bad designed ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.