Stealth Nerf -- DEV COMMENT

RJ__Brando
1500 posts Moderator
edited May 2016
It has been tested and confirmed; when a character goes into stealth (ie. Teebo), their "bonus" attacks count towards the "number of turns" they stay in stealth.

For instance, when Teebo uses scramble tactics, he gains stealth for 3 turns. If chirpa, or someone else, calls Teebo to assist, it now counts as 1 turn of 3 in stealth.

If RG's taunt is one full turn, (which they fixed), and not removed if called for assist, then why is an assist attack counted against stealth duration?

This is a double standard and should be revisited.
Post edited by NotReallyAJedi on

Replies

• Krak
    68 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    It has been tested and confirmed; when a character goes into stealth (ie. Teebo), their "bonus" attacks count towards the "number of turns" they stay in stealth.

For instance, when Teebo uses scramble tactics, he gains stealth for 3 turns. If chirpa, or someone else, calls Teebo to assist, it now counts as 1 turn of 3 in stealth.

If RG's taunt is one full turn, (which they fixed), and not removed if called for assist, then why is an assist attack counted against stealth duration?

This is a double standard and should be revisited.

confirmed, teebo was stealth nerfed
  • Options
    Yes just nerf a mechanic no one hardly ever uses and that is perfectly balnced. lets not even bother to nerf/buff the characters that need them /s. I hope this was some sort of mistake and they didn't really just waste there time nerfing something that didn't need a nerf.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    unit900000 wrote: »
    Yes just nerf a mechanic no one hardly ever uses and that is perfectly balnced. lets not even bother to nerf/buff the characters that need them /s. I hope this was some sort of mistake and they didn't really just waste there time nerfing something that didn't need a nerf.

This may be due to how effective he is in raids.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Maybe, maybe not. Teebo's potency is definitely lacking compared to some other TM reducers so this really is a slap in the face to him.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not. Teebo's potency is definitely lacking compared to some other TM reducers so this really is a slap in the face to him.

Im hoping it is a bug.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    To be clear, this is effecting all stealth characters.
  • Options
    That explains it. I knew there was something wrong with Teebo's stealth but I couldn't figure it out. At least now I know and can work around it until it's fixed. Thanks RJ!
  • Options
    This was reported earlier today and it didn't generate any attention. I hope that someone like brando posting at least gets attention because he's the Ewok guy
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    That explains it. I knew there was something wrong with Teebo's stealth but I couldn't figure it out. At least now I know and can work around it until it's fixed. Thanks RJ!

Its crucial to count in raids! Lol we had a few members notice today.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    This was reported earlier today and it didn't generate any attention. I hope that someone like brando posting at least gets attention because he's the Ewok guy

Ha! Thanks, hopefully we can at least get an explanation as to how this is being "counted" towards the duration of the stealth effect.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    My biggest gripe is, if bonus attacks now count towards positive effect duration, it should also count towards attack cooldown. Its a two way street.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse can you please comment about this? I feel as though im trying to count cards and someone mysteriously took an ace out of the deck...
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    Can I report this as a bug?
    With Ewok Eleder being in Raid Shipments Ewoks are very lucrative now :)
    I never thought I'd utter those words
  • NotReallyAJedi
    91 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Easy there. There was no stealth nerf. We don't stealth nerf anything.

There are times we've missed something in large updates, but when you're collecting patch notes that are hundreds of entries long, you occasionally miss something. We've always acknowledged tuning changes. This sounds like a bug, not a nerf, and when I get in to the office on Monday, I'll look at it.

EDIT: Actually, this IS a bug, and it's related to the same bug that counts the turn something was cast as the first turn. Half-Life 3 confirmed.
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options

There are times we've missed something in large updates, but when you're collecting patch notes that are hundreds of entries long, you occasionally miss something. We've always acknowledged tuning changes. This sounds like a bug, not a nerf, and when I get in to the office on Monday, I'll look at it.

EDIT: Actually, this IS a bug, and it's related to the same bug that counts the turn something was cast as the first turn. Half-Life 3 confirmed.

Thank you for commenting and looking into this issue. Please keep us updated!
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I suspect it is yet again an order of operation issues affecting omega, level 8, ability of ewok scramble.

1. Teebo stealths himself for 3 turns
    2. Teebo attempts to stealth all Ewoks at 30% chance for 2 turn.
    3. Turn ends
    4. All Ewoks gain 100% TM

I suspect when he attempts to stealth other Ewoks for 2 turns he stealths himself, again, and overwrites his 3 turn stealth to 2 turns.

It does not happen on teebo with level 7 ewok scramble ability.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I suspect it is yet again an order of operation issues affecting omega, level 8, ability of ewok scramble.

1. Teebo stealths himself for 3 turns
    2. Teebo attempts to stealth all Ewoks at 30% chance for 2 turn.
    3. Turn ends
    4. All Ewoks gain 100% TM

I suspect when he attempts to stealth other Ewoks for 2 turns he stealths himself, again, and overwrites his 3 turn stealth to 2 turns.

It does not happen on teebo with level 7 ewok scramble ability.

The easiest way to fix this is to have teebo try to stealth all other ewoks for 3 turns as well :D haha joking
  • Options

half_life_3_confirmed_meme_by_sonicgeek22-d80yqhm.jpg

Thanks @CG_NotReallyAJedi ! I appreciate you taking the time to respond on a weekend. You're my favorite CG employee.
    But don't tell John that
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options

Only make sense that if players can give TM up that there should be a counter players that can give TM down, shouldnt be resistible, it gives specialty characters more use than just GW fodder.

• Bobafeit
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Only make sense that if players can give TM up that there should be a counter players that can give TM down, shouldnt be resistible, it gives specialty characters more use than just GW fodder.

This!
    Ive notice when teebo leads the toons that get stealth get resisted 90% of the time like on the tank challenge i notice my RG when affected by stealth he landed only 1 stun, even on the trash up to the boss he would get resisted ,wile when he was not stealth'ed they would land as normal

i dont have Teebo max geared or anything but his special stealth last on average 1,5 out of 2 turns and the 75% TM its says it will remove if he is stealthed get resisted 8 out of 10 times

• KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Please see my May 7th Teebo Bug Report + Video Link from a friend that proves the problem.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/411228
  • Rumba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    +1