Raid reset time - did we get a response yet?

Vodo
332 posts Member
Since I just finished 12th once again in our last raid because I refuse to get up at 1 a.m
just to get a 2nd turn, I wonder if there was yet any official statement concerning this problem?

Replies

• Alita
    474 posts
    edited May 2016
    it is set to the activity reset time of the player that created the guild. there is no current way to adjust this, short of starting a new guild with a new leader.
    Post edited by Alita on
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Are you talking about payout time? I was talking about raid reset time
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Vodo wrote: »
    Are you talking about payout time? I was talking about raid reset time

What she means is the reset time is not the same for everyone, it's different for every guild.

If your raid reset time does not work for you, you either need to find another guild or learn to deal with it.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Ok, didn't know that. Just wonder why the *insert your favorite swear word here* the raids in a guild with members from austria/germany reset at 1 a.m.? That doesn't make sense at all.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Vodo wrote: »
    Ok, didn't know that. Just wonder why the *insert your favorite swear word here* the raids in a guild with members from austria/germany reset at 1 a.m.? That doesn't make sense at all.

Its 01:00h/am for raid character refresh. guild activity is 7:30pm.
    the 01:00am is because of daylightsaving. it will become 00:00 agian in next fall. (and 6:30 for guild activities i presume)

nb: unless you are in a different time zone than you leader, but from your comment i got the impression that you all live in ger/aus. so that would not be the case for you.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Do heroic raids. There are no refreshes.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    1AM is just fine. Just do it before going to sleep. I get up at 8 so that's still 7 hours of sleep which is plenty. Even 6 hours would be sufficient I guess.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    It doesn't really matter what place you come in. I finnish at the top and get crap while #46 gets a fully crafted furnace
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Do heroic raids. There are no refreshes.
    Great advice! Why didn't we think of that ourselves? I mean, really, why spend 4 days in tier 6 when we could do heroic in just 2 days....
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    It doesn't refresh based on you guild. It refreshes at midnight PST, I believe. No matter what guild you are in, it will always be the same for the individual. The only change may be DST. It is something that should be looked at. Many people have concerns with this and would prefer a 24hr clock from raid start. That way leaders have some control over the refresh time. I don't see "just deal with it" as a viable response to this.
  • @Vodo

i corrected my statement, the 6:30pm comment was about daily activities. the character refresh, however, is set to the reset time of the player who started the guild. if you join, for example, an american, east coast guild (UTC -5), the reset would be in the evening for you.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    It doesn't refresh based on you guild. It refreshes at midnight PST, I believe. No matter what guild you are in, it will always be the same for the individual. The only change may be DST. It is something that should be looked at. Many people have concerns with this and would prefer a 24hr clock from raid start. That way leaders have some control over the refresh time. I don't see "just deal with it" as a viable response to this.

The Charater reset is based on guild leader time zone that started the Guild. It will reset when his or hers daily activities reset. 0000 or 0100.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

The Charater reset is based on guild leader time zone that started the Guild. It will reset when his or hers daily activities reset. 0000 or 0100.

Wrong. Our leader is EST. it resets EST at 3AM.
  • @ABNRAS

it is not wrong. something may have happened with your leaders.

our leader is somewhere in the EU, and our reset time is 7:00pm EDT.
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    @alita, Maybe ours is messed up then, but it's off a few hours if that's the way it is supposed to be. Sorry if I came off as crass @scuba. All the more reason to take another look at it, though.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @ABNRAS

Let me change my answer a bit, because I did remember something, that being a players individual daily reset is tied to the timezone thier device thought they were in when they first started playing.

There are many posts about people opening accounts while traveling and then trying to get it adjusted with no luck.

If your raid characters reset is at 3 AM and your guild leader is currently in the eastern time zone, I would guess that he/she was out west when the game account was started.

It is not midnight pst for every guild.

Every raid that my guild has had a character reset with has been at 0100 AM EDT. Which is also our guild leader reset time. Both of us are in the eastern timezone.

Also remember reset times will not change because guild leader changes. It is all tied to original guild leader reset times.
    @alita, Maybe ours is messed up then, but it's off a few hours if that's the way it is supposed to be. Sorry if I came off as crass @scuba. All the more reason to take another look at it, though.

It's a forum, if you want to show emotion feel free. My feelings won't be hurt and I will still try to provide answer. B)
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    @ABNRAS

Let me change my answer a bit, because I did remember something, that being a players individual daily reset is tied to the timezone thier device thought they were in when they first started playing.

There are many posts about people opening accounts while traveling and then trying to get it adjusted with no luck.

If your raid characters reset is at 3 AM and your guild leader is currently in the eastern time zone, I would guess that he/she was out west when the game account was started.

It is not midnight pst for every guild.

Every raid that my guild has had a character reset with has been at 0100 AM EDT. Which is also our guild leader reset time. Both of us are in the eastern timezone.

Also remember reset times will not change because guild leader changes. It is all tied to original guild leader reset times.

It's a forum, if you want to show emotion feel free. My feelings won't be hurt and I will still try to provide answer. B)

I thought this as well scuba, but our guild leader (I'm in same guild as abnras) is indeed on eastern time in game. Arena payout is 7 pm eastern, but raid reset is 3 am instead of 1 am. Seems we got the short end of some sort of bug.