Tips from more experienced players needed

Hello Mates,

let me introduce myself. My name is Kiniozaur and I am a big fan of Star Wars.
I loved this game from the first time I saw it. I am playing almost from the beginning and yes I am a spender... not so big but I need to admit that I've spent some money on this game (approximately 200-250$).

I would like to share with you with my team and would like to receive your feedback what should I do to improve. For now I think I stuck in one place and I don't know in which direction should I go.

So let's start.
My main team so far in Arena is:
4* Duku, max gear, Hindering press and Lightinig rank 5, and Riposte rank 3.
6* Cpt Phasma, Onslaught rank 3 and the rest rank 5. I use her as a leader.
6* Sid, max gear, Deathstroke rank 4 the rest rank 5
5* Kylo Ren, max gear, Lashout rank 6, rest abilities rank 5. Tomorrow Kylo will be 6*
5* Luminara, max gear, Flow of the force rank 3, Force Blast rank 5, Heal rank 4.

My Power is 19003, toppers on my server have around 22k.
I reach top10. Can be top1 but not for a long time. This is changing all the time.

And this is my problem here.
I know that I will max out Kylo and Sid without problems.
- Duku is 11 shards of 5*. But still it is very hard to farm him. I am thinking about replacement. Whom should I replace him with?
- I have 2 characters from Galactic War (Phasma and Luminara) and none from Cantina. I cannot afford to farm both. I am thinking to go for 7* Phasma first.

My other chars are:
- 5* JC, gear 7,
- 5* Chewie, gear 6
- 4* Finn, gear 6 (can farm him after I'll finish with Kylo.
- 4* Poe (15 shards out of 5*), gear 6
- 4* Talia, gear 6

All mentioned above are lvl 60.

In addition I have
- 4* Vader
- 4* Old Daka
- 4* Poggle
- 4* Admiral Ackbar
- 3* Savage Opress

And many 1* and 2*.

My question is:
- whom should I farm in Cantina, Poe? Daka? Start with Bobba?
- whom in Arena after I'll finish with Sid?
- Should I go with Phasma or go for Luminara?
- What is the best set up from this characters? Gear and lvl is not an issue. I can farm it in 1 day.

All feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you a lot for that and see you in the game friends.

best regards,
Kiniozaur.

Replies

• 1. I'd farm Daka for PVE completíon. Light side healers can carry the day in PVP but you might need Daka to progress.
    2. For arena tokens, I started collecting them after sid. I don't see anybody worth spending it on at this time.
    3. Diminishing returns happens after 5 stars. So for balance would rather have two 6* on my team rather than a 7 and a 5. But if I was to finish one first I'd go Lumi since she has a lower HP.
    4. Your set up is fine given what you have. Nobody can really hold a position given the current meta (nor do you need to as long as you are available the last 50 minutes before your PVP prize reset). The counters and extra turns with Phasma will already make your team more annoying than most. I'd say keep plugging away.
  • Phyneas wrote: »
    1. I'd farm Daka for PVE completíon. Light side healers can carry the day in PVP but you might need Daka to progress.
    2. For arena tokens, I started collecting them after sid. I don't see anybody worth spending it on at this time.
    3. Diminishing returns happens after 5 stars. So for balance would rather have two 6* on my team rather than a 7 and a 5. But if I was to finish one first I'd go Lumi since she has a lower HP.
    4. Your set up is fine given what you have. Nobody can really hold a position given the current meta (nor do you need to as long as you are available the last 50 minutes before your PVP prize reset). The counters and extra turns with Phasma will already make your team more annoying than most. I'd say keep plugging away.

You should spend em on getting either ig-88 or akbar, ig 88 7* is freaking awesome with poggle in your team ..6k crits every day lol and akbar is a good vader counter or any debuff ingredients chatacter...like obi wan, oh you debuffer us? I'll heal us all for 6k hp, it's very usefully xD and with Phasma lead, akbar 100% turn meter with extra buffs move is amazing as well.
  • What exactly is farming and how is it done?
  • Farming is basically mining for shards or parts by repeatedly battling in an area. Using the sim bucks once you've 3-starred a battle, allows you to quickly gather the things you're looking for. I'm still at the level of farming to raise my players parts...still not patient enough to farm for character shards.
  • Am still only in my first week, but having a blast!
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Are there specific builds for PvP? Where does one find out about this? It seems that there is only one path to leveling and gearing up. I get destroyed in PvP, even going against teams with 2k less power than me. They have 3 turns to my every one it seems. I'm not as hardcore as most. Ranked about 600 on my server. I feel like there's a secret I'm missing out on. My leaders are Chewbacca, Sidious, Phasma, Maul, and Tarkin. All 4*. I'm trying to build for speed and turn meter increase, but I keep getting out turned 3:1 all the time. What's the trick?
  • Kiniozaur wrote: »
    Hello Mates,

let me introduce myself. My name is Kiniozaur and I am a big fan of Star Wars.
    I loved this game from the first time I saw it. I am playing almost from the beginning and yes I am a spender... not so big but I need to admit that I've spent some money on this game (approximately 200-250$).

I would like to share with you with my team and would like to receive your feedback what should I do to improve. For now I think I stuck in one place and I don't know in which direction should I go.

So let's start.
    My main team so far in Arena is:
    4* Duku, max gear, Hindering press and Lightinig rank 5, and Riposte rank 3.
    6* Cpt Phasma, Onslaught rank 3 and the rest rank 5. I use her as a leader.
    6* Sid, max gear, Deathstroke rank 4 the rest rank 5
    5* Kylo Ren, max gear, Lashout rank 6, rest abilities rank 5. Tomorrow Kylo will be 6*
    5* Luminara, max gear, Flow of the force rank 3, Force Blast rank 5, Heal rank 4.

My Power is 19003, toppers on my server have around 22k.
    I reach top10. Can be top1 but not for a long time. This is changing all the time.

And this is my problem here.
    I know that I will max out Kylo and Sid without problems.
    - Duku is 11 shards of 5*. But still it is very hard to farm him. I am thinking about replacement. Whom should I replace him with?
    - I have 2 characters from Galactic War (Phasma and Luminara) and none from Cantina. I cannot afford to farm both. I am thinking to go for 7* Phasma first.

My other chars are:
    - 5* JC, gear 7,
    - 5* Chewie, gear 6
    - 4* Finn, gear 6 (can farm him after I'll finish with Kylo.
    - 4* Poe (15 shards out of 5*), gear 6
    - 4* Talia, gear 6

All mentioned above are lvl 60.

In addition I have
    - 4* Vader
    - 4* Old Daka
    - 4* Poggle
    - 4* Admiral Ackbar
    - 3* Savage Opress

And many 1* and 2*.

My question is:
    - whom should I farm in Cantina, Poe? Daka? Start with Bobba?
    - whom in Arena after I'll finish with Sid?
    - Should I go with Phasma or go for Luminara?
    - What is the best set up from this characters? Gear and lvl is not an issue. I can farm it in 1 day.

All feedback will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you a lot for that and see you in the game friends.

best regards,
    Kiniozaur.

Hello, Kiniozaur. I'm Sean. From the info you gave I figured you and I probably started the game at a similar time and I spent about 180$ so far which is close to your spending as well. Like you, I am at a crossroad at this stage of the game. The path we choose next is crucial to our future ranking in the PVP. So it's very smart of you to gather more info before you make your decision. I can totally understand your motives because I am doing the same thing.

The path I took to get to this point is very different from yours. In an ocean of Sid and Bariss, I battled my way to the top with a droid team from the very beginning. I just unlocked Sid two days ago after a month of playing time. As you can see, I like to take the unconventional path.

Regarding your questions, I think you should first consider what kind of synergy you want to have for your next stage instead of asking the characters you should farm.

The way I understand synergies in this game is putting every hero into subcategories such as tanks, heavy hitters, meter controls and so on. I realized that toons within the same categories tend to blend well together.
    Think about it, if you put a glass canon in a team of tanks, it's really bad synergy. For example, if your team has boba, phasma, Fives, Kylo and you put 88 on the team, then your 88 is just a body bag because your opponent will surely kill it first, thus bad synergy. However, if you put 88, tie pilot, Sid, Maul and Leia together then it's a much better synergy because together they are a much bigger offensive threat than just 88 itself. Similarly a team of AOE dealers is much more effective than a mixture of AOE and single target team. Defensive characters put together will become a very powerful defense team.

So I recently decided to build 2 long term projects. One is a AOE damage team with Sid, 88, poe and two more AOE characters. The other team I'm building is a super defense that can handle the most dangerous offensive combos out there.

I like to know your thoughts first, we can then figure out whom to farm.

Regards