Resistance Trooper vs Luke

Arctrooper
53 posts Member
edited January 2016
So, I've had Resistance Trooper since the beginning and he has been fantastic. He hits hard, crits a ton and in general has been a key team member. But I figured for long term, I should switch to Luke. They seem to fill similar roles in the team. So I finally unlocked Luke, and ranked him up. But overall, I'm pretty unimpressed with Luke. On the same team, similar level and gear level, Resistance trooper hits about 1.5x to 2x the damage of Luke on both normal and special attacks. I think most of it is that Luke never seems to crit, despite having a +30% chance from his passive skill.

Does anyone have these two characters to compare and have a different perspective?

Replies

• Interesting you say this, I have a 2* Resistance trooper and just unlocked Luke so I'm curious on who I should continue to level. I originally though Luke but after reading this I am tempted to focus on Resistance trooper. Any other input from people who have used these guys would be much appreciated.
  • Finn > FOTP Luke & Resistance Trooper
  • I still think Luke .. Resistance trooper is a bit of a glass cannon. Luke also crits better at a higher level, he crits 3k+ for me (lvl 55, gear 7, 5 star). Hope this helps!
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Arctrooper wrote: »
    So, I've had Resistance Trooper since the beginning and he has been fantastic. He hits hard, crits a ton and in general has been a key team member. But I figured for long term, I should switch to Luke. They seem to fill similar roles in the team. So I finally unlocked Luke, and ranked him up. But overall, I'm pretty unimpressed with Luke. On the same team, similar level and gear level, Resistance trooper hits about 1.5x to 2x the damage of Luke on both normal and special attacks. I think most of it is that Luke never seems to crit, despite having a +30% chance from his passive skill.

Does anyone have these two characters to compare and have a different perspective?

What lvl and gear do you have on trooper and luke? Need more info. Im super curious now :blush:
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    How do these compare to Ahsoka in damage...im looking for a damage dealer :smile: Finn is a bit hard to farm for me
  • Ahsoka hits like a truck. I have her 4* atm cuz ive almost unlocked daka then gonna get Ahsoka to 7*.
  • Arctrooper
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Crittik wrote: »
    What lvl and gear do you have on trooper and luke? Need more info. Im super curious now :blush:

3* Resistance Trooper, Level 52, Gear VI

3* Luke, Level 53, Gear V

Luke's default attack hits for ~800, Resistance Trooper 1400. Luke's default attack crit is ~1200, Resistance Trooper 2100. So, Luke is about 60% damage. Same for Special Attack; Luke's Crit and non-Crit values are about 60% of Resistance Trooper. They have approx the same health (6 bars).

• Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Ahsoka hits like a truck. I have her 4* atm cuz ive almost unlocked daka then gonna get Ahsoka to 7*.

Nice more so than Luke? I have a 4* fives so was farming for him currently...I dont wnt to hijack the thread so if you could reply to mine here that would be great! Thanks mate https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4006/new-player-help-appreciated?new=1
  • I dont have luke so hopefully someone here can help that have both toons.
  • Daprosy wrote: »
    Ahsoka hits like a truck. I have her 4* atm cuz ive almost unlocked daka then gonna get Ahsoka to 7*.

Nice more so than Luke? I have a 4* fives so was farming for him currently...I dont wnt to hijack the thread so if you could reply to mine here that would be great! Thanks mate https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4006/new-player-help-appreciated?new=1

No. Definitely not. Ahsoka is also a great team member, but definitely doesn't hit as hard as Luke. But she's a lifesaver sometimes with her chance at self-heals and group-heals. Plus when my leader is Luminara, she gets the Jedi bonus. I would definitely go after Ashoka, but not as a replacement for Luke/Resistance Trooper.

• Luke is tankier than RT, and his damage scales better once you get both to higher levels. Luke gets better returns from promoting, too, IIRC.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    I have 7* Luke and he hits hard and has decent hp. He's definitely a good hero and can shine in crit lineups. That being said I'm already looking for his replacement as I'd rather have a great hero then a good one.
  • Thanks all for the replies it is much appreciated! I just pulled a 4* Barris in a bronzium!!!!! :dizzy: