Jawa Engineer's basic always resisted?

Nerfherder17
2094 posts Member
edited May 2016
Hey guys. I unlocked JE a few days ago and have been trying him out. Obviously he is 4*, but every time i use his basic it shows that it was resisted. Im not saying usually, im saying every time. ive never seen it stick. Has anyone else experienced this?
Post edited by Nerfherder17 on

Replies

• No I use him in arena and I have gotten it work roughly 50% of the time but my JE is fully geared so maybe that's it.
  • thats possible. im level 40 4* gear V right now. maybe it is just very easily resistable. I have seen others post that the detonation is actually 2 turns, rather than the 1 in the ability description. can you confirm?
  • thats possible. im level 40 4* gear V right now. maybe it is just very easily resistable. I have seen others post that the detonation is actually 2 turns, rather than the 1 in the ability description. can you confirm?

It seems bugged or something. If you stick it on someone, it won't go off after their next turn. It seems that sometimes it will go off before their second turn and sometimes after.
  • at g5 his potency is going to be so low that landing negative status effects will be difficult. at max gear (g10 4/6) he has 125% potency, which is sufficient to land it most of the time.
  • im not so much concerned about the negative effect, but the bomb never lands. never causes damage. is his basic considered a negative effect? i've never seen a basic that refuses to connect. it seems ludicrous actually.
  • im not so much concerned about the negative effect, but the bomb never lands. never causes damage. is his basic considered a negative effect? i've never seen a basic that refuses to connect. it seems ludicrous actually.

yes, his basic is considered a negative status effect.

it's unfortunate that certain damaging skills are, since they're subject to tenacity as well as dodge.

• thanks for your help guys
  • I have him at 5 stars, gear 8 level 70 so far, his basic does get resisted a lot still.
  • SantasWS
    165 posts Member
    i have used mine a few times, i also have not seen it stick EVER. i even done some basic really low lv missions and still nothing. could it be bugged?
  • thats no good. i was hoping he would be a buff for my droid team, maybe even heal on occasion. Looks like i'll have to stick with a true taunt tank.
  • maybe they will get it sorted in the future. i'll try to flip this topic to character feedback section.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    useless farm then, whats the use of basic if it gets resisted lel
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    It's true that it gets resisted very often and bomb goes right before second move of target if it landed, but the turn meter buff to droids is great. So far it could only be witnessed in new GW that Droids move before most of fast toons and now it is possible. Still with him at 4* it will be long way before he stays for good in Arena team and only if he gets to hit something with his basic. However it also loks like Poggle still will be needed for Droids, as they do lack dmg without him when going against high hp toons.
  • That's definitely true. I still use poggle lead with my droids, although the presence of QGJ I'm almost every top 100 team is making me reconsider that. HE pops my taunt and steals O up for his whole team. I simply can't have that.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    @Widget_gaget I know what You mean. I usually use Offence Up in second round so QGJ does not give buff to his folks. Now that there is Protection it is a legit way.
  • I've attempted that too, but he just steals it from debuffing taunt anyway. QgJ has such utility. Almost every team you make will have some form of buff that he can steal, usually fairly early in the match
  • It wasn't a problem before, but now that they changed his attack preferences he will steal O up every time you buff. Automatically with AI, and even if you auto and have a different target selected he will de-target hk47 and debuff magna guard. I don't know if I agree with that. If you auto a match you deal with the garbage play of AI. Now you use QgJ or Yoda and the do the work for you.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    I don't have any flashy toon that may attract enemy, meaning my tank does not have taunt as it is IG-100. It is true that sometimes he gets to steal selfinduced Offence Up of GS, but I do attack him with Poggle hoping for ability block. Then in next round it is usually good moment for Offence up, if Poggle does not get stunned ro ability blocked ;-P
  • I focus QgJ first. If he doesn't die I skip poggles special. Kind of a waste, as poggle is really only there for leader ability and O up.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I just leveled him to 63 and geared to 8th plus some gear that lvl and took him for GW spin. His basic lands quite well now, his turn meter for Droids was great party starter for droid team lead by HK. However what strucked me, was AI reaction. He was #1 target, about 80% of attacks were aimed at him. I don't know whether it was due his lowest level or does AI hates him. He lasted for 4 battles, as I did not put any healer in squad.
    As for the rest of my toons, except for Poggle ,they still have most of their protection left.
    Post edited by Capt_Rex on
  • That is actually a good thing. Takes the AI pressure off ig88. He is relentlessly targeted by AI in GW.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Come one, that's racist. He was just one small, cute Jawa in band of droids. :-P

Problem is with his basic, as it turned almost useless, as enemies were dying before bomb went off, due to high dmg and nice turn meter gain of droids.
    Targeting last possible toon is good way, but when there is taunt it is usually just wasted shot.
  • dont say racist, this thread will get shut down before you can say just a joke. It seems like an absolutely worthless basic even if it worked correctly. most enemies will be dead before it detonates, as you said. If its going to be resisted, and last 2 rounds, it should be the most powerful attack in the game. Chances are you arent going to get two to land in the same match.
  • Gypsyjen
    67 posts Member
    I have him at 4 star, level 77, gear 9 and his basic lands more often than not. It almost always sticks to Fives whom I target most often with the detonator.
  • So it is a function of gear or level or both. Good to know.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    More like gear at lvl 8 and 9 he gets lot of potency buff from it.

Attacking tanks with counter is the best way to use his basic, as I usually go for them at very end and it does not trigger counter attack.
  • I had a dream last night that JE was broken. He was throwing bombs non-stop doing 39,000 damage. This is so far from the truth it's laughable.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    @Widget_gaget not true. I did see him twice inflict more than 50k dmg. But it was in AGI challenge and it is probably a bug.
  • Most certainly a bug. Don't worry, they will have it fixed by november.