Ima Gun Di Leader ability

Is I'ma gun dis leader ability underrated?
Not fully upgraded it but is it worth doing?

Replies

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    It's a lot of fun. If Kit Fisto or anakin hit harder it would be more viable.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Ima is kind of a meh leader. In a meta of speed and damage, counters don't really help anymore. Especially with the counter nerfs. Qgj is still best lead IMO, but Jedi was super weak atm due to dooku, Sid, other champion Jedi hate
  • Ixias0
    29 posts Member
    If Aayla and Kit become farmable, he becomes much better. As of now, he's mediocre in my opinion. In terms of Leader abilities for Jedi, his is behind Old Ben, Qui Gon, and Lumi in my opinion.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Um, Old Ben is a Jedi... QGJ... Luminara...
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Ixias0 wrote: »
    If Aayla and Kit become farmable, he becomes much better. As of now, he's mediocre in my opinion. In terms of Leader abilities for Jedi, his is behind Old Ben, Qui Gon, and Lumi in my opinion.

Let me tell you I saw max Anakin lead, Yoda, kit, aayla, qgj in arena today. My word.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Timitock wrote: »
    Um, Old Ben is a Jedi... QGJ... Luminara...

What's Ben going to do on a counter attack? Even with 25% more damage from Ima's Omega? Counter attack team is a lot more fun when he counter attacks actually hurt.

Aayla. QGJ. Put fives in there because he's fives. And then what? There's no damage in the jedi order. Plo might be interesting because he would debuff on every counter, but you need hitters.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Ixias0 wrote: »

Let me tell you I saw max Anakin lead, Yoda, kit, aayla, qgj in arena today. My word.

Anakin is terrible though. Even at g11 with omega abilities. His basic averages for around 3.8k-4K, with a crit of around 5.6k-6k. Even as lead we're only talking a few hundred extra points of damage. His debuff isn't reliable, he's not independently fast enough to warrant poor damage, his party buff is overly difficult to set up (and in doing so you risk a heal that puts enemy hp outside his AOEs range) in comparison to more reliable/easier methods of gaining offense up *cough* QGJ, his unique is only ok and requires the death of allies to take effect, and his decent hp pool is offset by the ease of controlling him as a Jedi. He's not even situationally good anymore.

Those other toons would be fun to play around with under IGD though.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    You have to compare him to other Jedi.

Hid damage is actually quite good, then.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    My counter team for GW is IGD, Kit, aayla, 5s, then usually JC as bariss and lumi are on A team. Counter is great and it works, but as noted before no one really hits that hard. The team is used to soften versus a late node RG/Rey team. I just put it on auto and usually the opponent has lost RG and all protection do I can send in cleanup.

IGD is average against rancor. His defense down doesn't land enough in tier vi and I prefer to use Kit and Aayla with other teams. His defense up gets dispelled anyway.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    This thread inspired me to switch my arena team - temporarily - to IGD, Fives, Aayla, QGJ, Plo.