Adverts

I know it's a free to play game and I understand how in game adverts raise money. But surely you could insert some code so that when people have spent money on in game items the adverts are removed? It's really irritating getting random pop ups whilst playing.

Replies

• Dagnorus
    35 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Bump this a million times. I've spent over a couple hundred here and still get pop ups??? ****
  • Second that complaint! I've spent almost $75 bucks and still get the random pop up. Please Dev's. Take care of the folks that are paying ya!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    So let me get this straight, 1 pop up a play session (usually 1 per day) is breaking your game? The fact that you spend money = no adds?
    Click "back" button once and be glad you don't have to watch a 30 sec clip.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, 1 pop up a play session (usually 1 per day) is breaking your game? The fact that you spend money = no adds?

Think about it... If you went out and bought a PS/XBox game would it be acceptable to have pop up ads? If you've paid more than a console game then you should be exempt from ads.
  • Except this ain't a console game so no way to compare it. Freemium games have adverts and like I said, it's only one you can instantly click away.
  • Wonds wrote: »
    I know it's a free to play game and I understand how in game adverts raise money. But surely you could insert some code so that when people have spent money on in game items the adverts are removed? It's really irritating getting random pop ups whilst playing.

I agree.

I never used to get any ads at all and now I do. Have they recently just added these in?

It is seriously annoying.

Paying members should not have ads. So shut up.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    @philbert_tkd where has that rule ever been written?
    Except this ain't a console game so no way to compare it. Freemium games have adverts and like I said, it's only one you can instantly click away.

It's a game that you paid money for, the format doesn't matter. What's the difference in paying 50 upfront vs 50 a week later? Can you really be that dense?
  • philbert_tkd
    91 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Comment edited for EA TOS violation. Swearing and profanity is not allowed within the forum.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on

Except I get Madden football 8 times a session.
    @philbert_tkd where has that rule ever been written?

Written by **** near every other App out there.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    @ philbert_tkd

Don't have to be so rude mr philbert. There are many times where I agree with what you said, just not this time. Ads are in every game, even when people "paid" for it. If you spend money on a game, doesn't simply give a right to be adfree right?
    If it wasn't a legit thing, they wouldn't have implemented it. All I'm saying is that there is little chance, devs will chance this. (Comment edited for EA TOS violation. Swearing and profanity is not allowed within the forum. )

@exterminus
    If you really get it 8 times a session, perhaps it's some error in the code. I really get Madden and Sim City ad once a day and I play multiple sessions. I can understand it's driving you crazy if it's really 8x without overexaggerating.

Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Unnecessary in your opinion. It's not a law where if you pay for some stuff you don't get to see ads. Where do we draw the line? Like everyone above €100,- (or dollar), doesn't get ads and the people below <100 do get ads?
    It's silly imo but let's see if all these topics about this will change it in the future.
    Your remarks are more unnecessary than the ads themselves at this point.
    Unnecessary in your opinion. It's not a law where if you pay for some stuff you don't get to see ads. Where do we draw the line? Like everyone above €100,- (or dollar), doesn't get ads and the people below <100 do get ads?
    It's silly imo but let's see if all these topics about this will change it in the future.
    Your remarks are more unnecessary than the ads themselves at this point.

Simple, people who buy say the 7 day crystals don't get ads. Much like people who pay the monthly fee for Star Wars: The Old Republic get access to more content. Boom, there you go.

Next?