General Grievous

Good day all, I have been saving shards like mad and I managed to unlock general grievous. However in order to get him ranked up the amount of shards needed is astronomical. I feel that a slight drop in price would be a good idea, I'd just like to feel out the community on this one. I think he is a tad overpriced. What do you think?

Replies

• I agree completely. It will take a long time before he would even be usable in raids. Takes the fun out of pursuing him.
  • That's what I was thinking, I don't mind grinding to get a character, but he is just a bit too much
  • IG_88_b
    60 posts Member
    Just managed to unlock him too, have him 4*, 7s Abilities & 8 gear. Is a tad underwhelming at the moment. But at the current farm rate will take another month to take him up to 5* so feel he's a touch underpowered for the investment (hits about the same basic as my 4* HRS and his lack of speed & health making him less viable despite the cool extra effects)

Am going to try to build him into a Lobot/JE squad to buff speed etc but think he could do with an overall boost given the price (or a really steep escalation for 5* / 6*)

Conclusion: he's a bit of a white elephant right now, don't mind grinding shards for ever to get there but think the reward is limited (very cool graphics though)
  • I have grievous @ 6* now (all abilities level 4 and 5) and I gotta say, I'm unimpressed. I have spent considerable TIME and EXPENSE to acquire him and I feel as though I've been had. Maybe at 7*, gear level 12, he's unstoppable, but it would be 2x the TIME and EXPENSE than b4. The point is that a character that is this difficult to get should be a superstar from the moment he's unlocked. I believe the devs should give him an immediate infusion of health and power, and then apologize to us, the diligently myopic grinders, for basically running a con.
  • I have him pretty much maxed. He is slow to attack and dies very quickly. For a $1000 dollar character that is insane. I think a tweak is in order.
  • Devs look at it from our perspective... Im reluctant to spend $$$ on a cutting edge console game, and yet we enjoy your game so much that we spend $$$$$$$$$ on getting new characters unlocked. Its enough to drive a player to quit when the product is dissatisfying.
  • Have to agree about what kind of char we get when finally unlocked. I'm at 4* grinding towards 5*, with 7 abilities 8 gear, and he's all but useless except in early Galactic War battles. Not much bang for the buck. So it's disappointing to read that he doesn't get much better.

I don't think he should be cheaper to obtain - would be an insult to those of us that spent the time and effort to get this far, and would make acquiring him less special. BUT, it's got to be worth it. For the effort/expense to unlock, he needs to come out of the gate kicking tail.
  • You guys are making excellent points, I like the point just made about him not being cheaper, but instead a buffing him to make getting him worthwhile. I've done quite a bit of work on him now too and it's like you said, he just isn't that effective
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    I think money related b2 superdroid is waaaay beter investment that this "general", while perfomance vise, he is meerly private, second class.
  • What team are you guys using him? He is currently only viable in a HK47 lead JE droid squad.
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Do you remeber drone escape event ? Or how it was called. Problem is that there were better droids than gg for this event.
  • B2 battledroid is amazingly helpful for battling Dooku and Luminara squads
  • Good day all, I have been saving shards like mad and I managed to unlock general grievous. However in order to get him ranked up the amount of shards needed is astronomical. I feel that a slight drop in price would be a good idea, I'd just like to feel out the community on this one. I think he is a tad overpriced. What do you think?

Either that or at the least make him drop at 5 stars.....and Yoda too...
  • +1