Crystal Costs

I was wondering if anybody from the other side of the pond would be so kind as to post a screenshot of crystal costs, please? It irks me that I am pretty sure, like usual, being in the UK we probably end up paying around $15 for a 7000 crystal pack, and $25 more for a 15000 crystal pack (these are just guesses)

Replies

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    No time for a screenshot, but on Android (almost positive these are the same on iOS):

220: $1.99
    610: $4.99
    1340: $9.99
    2800: $19.99
    7370: $49.99
    15710: $99.99
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I
    StarSon wrote: »
    No time for a screenshot, but on Android (almost positive these are the same on iOS):

220: $1.99
    610: $4.99
    1340: $9.99
    2800: $19.99
    7370: $49.99
    15710: $99.99

confirmed same from IOS.
  • Thanks, guys. So it's just as I thought, we pay $59 for 7370 and $118 for 15710. For that reason alone, I won't ever buy anything on this game. I don't see why we should have to pay more for the same item.
  • Thanks, guys. So it's just as I thought, we pay $59 for 7370 and $118 for 15710. For that reason alone, I won't ever buy anything on this game. I don't see why we should have to pay more for the same item.

You do realise why that is so? It's not as simple as just converting the currencies and making the packages the same price in all currencies. Don't blame EA/CG for that. It's the same everywhere. Xbox One games are £55 in the UK yet in the USA, Canada and others they are sometimes 50% less.

Also, I understand what you mean but if it bothers you that much, you could always changed your region to the US to get the cheaper packages but it is a headache on Android.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    camelelf wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. So it's just as I thought, we pay $59 for 7370 and $118 for 15710. For that reason alone, I won't ever buy anything on this game. I don't see why we should have to pay more for the same item.

You do realise why that is so? It's not as simple as just converting the currencies and making the packages the same price in all currencies.

Why?

Is the cost of importing/exporting the crystals to other regions of the world a factor? Is the supply vs demand in those regions a factor? Are other dynamic economic factors at play? No. These are unlimited virtual goods.

I'm not saying this is necessarily EA/CG's fault since I have no idea at what point the price is altered....but it's certainly not justifiable regardless.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Taxes. Some countries have taxes on electronic services. The US does not. (Yet.) There's also a currency conversion charge, which is usually on the order of 2-3%.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    camelelf wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. So it's just as I thought, we pay $59 for 7370 and $118 for 15710. For that reason alone, I won't ever buy anything on this game. I don't see why we should have to pay more for the same item.

You do realise why that is so? It's not as simple as just converting the currencies and making the packages the same price in all currencies.

Why?

Is the cost of importing/exporting the crystals to other regions of the world a factor? Is the supply vs demand in those regions a factor? Are other dynamic economic factors at play? No. These are unlimited virtual goods.

This.

I never realized there was discrimination hidden in plain sight. Well guess I won't spend either anymore now that I know that I get less value for my money than other players who pay. Why should I pay more for the same virtual goods? So I'd have to spend more money to keep up with others cause I'm not American? Wow.

No other game I've spent money on does this, the conversion was correct meaning that Americans, Europeans etc all got the same value for money. A £4.99 pack would cost $7.99 roughly, which would be the correct exchange rate.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Taxes. Some countries have taxes on electronic services. The US does not. (Yet.) There's also a currency conversion charge, which is usually on the order of 2-3%.

Yet we don't see this in other venues where virtual goods are sold. This is typically because the tax is applied to the actual access of our wonderful online world in non-US areas, not to specific transactions of virtual goods. Not saying you're necessarily wrong but I'm not convinced. I'm American, so I'm not directly impacted by this; but I feel for our worldwide friends.
  • Qeltar wrote: »

No other game does this. Supercell, Gamer Insight and so on, all their prices and services cost the same amount worldwide, if you coverted all the currencies to one, they would be roughly close to the same figure.

Well I say no other game, no non EA game does this. Not an attack on EA I just remember that at one point in HoDA, Australians got far more for their money than anyone else. Although they fixed this in time. And American/UK prices converted correctly to an equal amount. Which is bizarre considering HoDA is made by the same group who made this game.

So one game has "taxes" and the other by the same company, doesn't? Sounds fishy to me.