PvP too hard?

So I started this game a week ago, I was top 200 the whole time, and all of a sudden over night I'm facing people three times stronger than myself and now I feel if I don't start paying for characters it's a waste of time... Anyone feel that too?

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    No, its part of the game. You will have ups an downs. Its because players around you now are higher lvl meaning higher gear, higher stars, dif team comps, etc.
  • Abyss wrote: »
    No, its part of the game. You will have ups an downs. Its because players around you now are higher lvl meaning higher gear, higher stars, dif team comps, etc.

Did I move brackets? Because I was going against players with a team rating of 4500-5000 and now, I'm 6k team rating facing 7.5-8k. I literally stand no chance at facing anyone and winning anymore.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Well lets be truthful and fair, at your low
    Lvl, there will be loads of fluxuation depending on who is lvl'n faster, getting drops, forming better synergies, star'n up faster, etc etc etc.

The reality is that a teams power rating is just addition of stats. Its arbitrary and meaningless. Its no idication of how good or functional a team is.

The other thing is that if your team has 6k power, im assuming u to be low lvl meaning you have not even seen many good synergies yet but you are starting to encounter them an they are destroying you.

hang in there!!!!!!
    The more you grow your team and learn the more you will find success in dif team comps
  • Im using the best guys I have. Dana, chewy, JC, Talia, and jawa. But I can't even take guys at my same team level. I'm getting roasted before I even start. Any suggestions on how to build my team? Without spending money I feel I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    It may not happen in a day, but keep increasing your main 5 character team's gear level and their ability strengths. Lastly, work on getting shards to star up your characters. The easiest with the biggest payoff tend to be Darth Sid in arena shipment and Lumi in GW shipment.
  • At this rate it'll take me close to a month to get Sid with 300-400 of the arena point cred things.
  • MALONSKI wrote: »
    At this rate it'll take me close to a month to get Sid with 300-400 of the arena point cred things.

It shouldn't, i got him in a WAY smaller time and i even spent 2 shipments on other characters.
  • MALONSKI wrote: »
    At this rate it'll take me close to a month to get Sid with 300-400 of the arena point cred things.

It shouldn't, i got him in a WAY smaller time and i even spent 2 shipments on other characters.

Must be nice lol, I'm half way done getting sid(45/80) and Asajj, (27/50)
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Work on the gear and abilities. The stronger your characters are, there are days you may place higher in arena and get more credits. With 5 shards a day, you should be able to level Sid within 7 days.
  • EM650 wrote: »
    Work on the gear and abilities. The stronger your characters are, there are days you may place higher in arena and get more credits. With 5 shards a day, you should be able to level Sid within 7 days.

It's aquiring him that's the hard part. I have a bunch of training droids.

also my Sid costs 80. Not 35
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    MALONSKI wrote: »
    EM650 wrote: »

Reading the posts you say you have 45/80. Therefore, you only need 35 to obtain Sid. It is simple math really.
    MALONSKI wrote: »
    EM650 wrote: »

Reading the posts you say you have 45/80. Therefore, you only need 35 to obtain Sid. It is simple math really.

Lol I see what you did there. Nevermind haha
  • the pvp is too easy, needs to be harder, needs more griefing, too many hugs and kisses in this game, needs some more grit to give the pvp depth atm its like trading places for win times.... this isn't pvp
  • Sixin wrote: »
    the pvp is too easy, needs to be harder, needs more griefing, too many hugs and kisses in this game, needs some more grit to give the pvp depth atm its like trading places for win times.... this isn't pvp

I think this pvp system is quite clever. It can give the satisfaction of winning high bracket awards to a lot of people(even F2P snipers) while P2P can show off their toons in top places. The majority of the players are at least content with this system. Maybe there is room for an extra pvp(live pvp tournament) but I find this very hard to implement successfully.
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    the whole arena mode is just...weird. Some seem to have fairly easy arenas meaning they only really come up with more powerful teams in the say top 100 or 150 while others see more powerful squads around them much further down the line.

I am in a pretty tough one as I am right now low 400s (was mid 200s after I finished my 5 battles yesterday morning) and everyone around me is the same or higher power than me. I'm 15k right now.

The worst part is the blatant cheating that is going on. I see AI proc rates being way too high compared to mine, even when they're the exact same characters and I have also seen outright cheating where a character's 100% ability doesn't even work.

One thing I have noticed is my team seems to do better against higher power teams I shouldn't really beat but I do with ease at times while if I face lower power teams (again, with the same or almost the same characters) I often have my team be useless. There is rubberband programming in this game whether the defenders wish to believe that or not.

• Once I started upgrading all my arena guys gear a few tiers I started getting good results in the arena. After posting this and another asking for help building I upped my team from 6.2k-8.2k