Can we keep protection and denerf the characters

Gungnir75
718 posts Member
edited May 2016
So it's been weeks now since the "balancing" I've given it it's fair shake, and it is horrible. The whole point was to stop ohko's right. Well the culprits of that problem were Rey ,Gs and leia. Guess what they still ohko..... But everyone else is nerfed to the point of stupidity. I have several lvl 79 g10 characters and plenty of g9s, they still stink. Just reverse the nerfs please. There was no point to it.

Can we keep protection and denerf the characters 19 votes

Yes please reverse the nerfs
26%
benacrowSterlingKAltoon33Big_BossAustiin 5 votes
No I think it's great that only 3 characters can do damage
31%
infectiouszombieArubeGoosyAlugardTimitockMol_Eliza_oops 6 votes
Let's just do something else
42%
JJHUshoRAYRAYcuyler41EebersEventineElessedilJazz66hhooo 8 votes

Replies

• Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    Before everyone chimes in, yes I have Rey g9 and yes I have Gs g10. I would really like to use some different setups other than evasion Ben,dooku and damage Rey Gs
  • If you are going to beat a horse, why not go through the trouble of finding one that isn't dead?

Those characters aren't required to win. I have none of them, complete GW every day, and I hover between 20 and 30 in arena. Think outside the bun.
  • Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    I will beat that horse as often as I want. I take top three daily myself as if that even matters. Why would you be opposed to making the other characters stronger ???
    That makes no sense to me.

The only thing I can take from your response is you have nothing valuable to say and would prefer to shut discussion down and play nanny boo boo.

It's not a manor of thinking outside of anything. I have plenty of characters to use and put in tremendous amounts of work on them. I would like to see them back to how they performed before the balancing.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Up for something else :wink::wink:
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    No I think it's great that only 3 characters can do damage
    Why make such a biased poll?
  • Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    Lol biased... 3 options yes no something else

If you need an option other than yes or no I think that would fall under something else.

I always enjoy poll responses. So entertaining.
  • Sorry, it's hard to be as constructive as 'only 3 characters are good, buff everything else!'
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Leia and GS are strong but with protection they can't ohko anyone. Rey can only do it to low health toons, with her 3rd special, when she gets the extra attack, crits on hits and has off up.

Now if you said 2 hits to ko someone I would agree. But only agree if you said Rey as Rey does kill a lot of toons from 2 attacks, but the 2 attacks are her 2nd special, followed by her 3rd.

If you going to make a post complaining, atleast have the facts.

Yes I have a g9 Rey that I use. I also have a g9 Leia I use. And sometimes I wished they would ohko, as I have seen my Rey die many times after just doing 1 hit, and yes usually it because the person's Rey attacked my Rey, but still wasn't a 1 shot.
  • Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    TheJanitor wrote: »
    Sorry, it's hard to be as constructive as 'only 3 characters are good, buff everything else!'

True saying only three are good is a misrepresentation. My fault on that.

There are many good characters, and they used to be better.

I think some have my opinion and complaining mixed up. Complaining is what got everyone in the game nerfed so far. I just don't like the across the board balancing of them.

Did Koth or barris really need a damage reduction ? It's these little things that drive me nuts.

@Breetai true Gs and leia are not going to ko very many in one shot. Two for sure. I think the problem is more mixed with the evasion lead, when an opponent evades 4 attacks and then the wrecking crew breaks in and smashes you to pieces. Of course I love it when I'm on the lucky side.....

Honestly I should probably just not say anything or Rey and company will be next on the nerf board.

I still just can't see why so many characters where whacked with the stick.
    I think another look should be taken.
  • Let's just do something else
    On this we can agree: the intent of the protection overhaul was to eliminate situations where characters on one team were eliminated before they even got a turn to act; on this point, protection has failed to deliver.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    LOL, The answer is No but the rest of that answer is incorrect so I say Let's do something else. I think they need to take another run at damage and tweak a few things on a character by character basis. Rarely do they get it right the first time.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Gungnir75 wrote: »
    TheJanitor wrote: »
    Sorry, it's hard to be as constructive as 'only 3 characters are good, buff everything else!'

True saying only three are good is a misrepresentation. My fault on that.

There are many good characters, and they used to be better.

I think some have my opinion and complaining mixed up. Complaining is what got everyone in the game nerfed so far. I just don't like the across the board balancing of them.

Did Koth or barris really need a damage reduction ? It's these little things that drive me nuts.

@Breetai true Gs and leia are not going to ko very many in one shot. Two for sure. I think the problem is more mixed with the evasion lead, when an opponent evades 4 attacks and then the wrecking crew breaks in and smashes you to pieces. Of course I love it when I'm on the lucky side.....

Honestly I should probably just not say anything or Rey and company will be next on the nerf board.

I still just can't see why so many characters where whacked with the stick.
    I think another look should be taken.

Ok, I will give a real answer now. I personally think they did an OK job with the rebalance. There are definitely some misses, GS has too much health, Ventress is too slow, Luminara should be a healer with less attack, Chewie should hit harder, IG-88, IG-86, Gamorrean, Han should be scoundrels, etc. But for the most part, Attackers hit hard, healers/support are tricksy, Tanks have health. Not perfect, but I'm sure that the 3 stage leveling system (especially gear) makes it a real pain to rebalance multiple characters at once. I'm willing to wait another month or two and see what happens.
  • I will never answer such a biased poll and i think i'm not alone. Learn some objectivity OP.