Leia OP?

Every top team uses Leia, she has stealth, buffs, and high dmg, and very often shoots 3 times!!

I believe when everyone uses a specific hero something is wrong and needs balacing

Replies

• They use her because she is bugged. Besides that she isn't OP.
  • She isn't OP. Hits mid to low damage. Her buffs are good too. I've used Leia in many teams and she holds her own but has low health and armor making her very effected by AOE attacks. It's one of those situations where if you don't kill her from the start it could become a huge problem for you in the future.
    [SøtFØ] Leader
  • I have her, 4* (30 shards to 5), and don't use her cuz my PvP team is better without her - though she is max gear and level (42), so might be goodish behind Old Ben (4*) or Phasma (5* soon), with 4* Kylo and 4* Maul with Ventress.
  • Noob question. I see the term OP everywhere. What does it mean?
  • It depends.

OP, as used here, means Over Powered. Other times it is used to refer to the person who started the thread, aka the Original Poster.
  • Devs have said that they don't think AI proc rates are boosted, but I can confirm that Leia also shoots 3-4 times with ease, almost every time.
  • Devs have said that they don't think AI proc rates are boosted, but I can confirm that Leia also shoots 3-4 times with ease, almost every time.

What else is bugged is counter on her. If you have Kylo with counter active, if she hits 3 times, you might only counter once or twice, instead of 3 times.
  • No toon is really OP. Develop a strategy. They are not all created equal. Yes Leia can 3x shoot, even 4 on occasion racking up 5-6k in damage. Solution, kill her first. She is squishy even at High levels. I hit a 6* purple Leia with Sid and a FB by Lum and she was toasted. Used JC heal and it was like Leia never was in the game and it was 5 on 4 for me.

Honestly I'm tired of people crying OP when they get spanked by teams. I took 6 in a row from a 4* Dooku last night in GW, one of the 6 stunned 2 of my non jedi, one being my Dooku, then his basic stunned a Jedi in it left me 3 stunned and 6 attacks of damage. Did I cry OP, no I healed and smoked him then finished the team off without loss of a single toon. It is all strategy. That time Dooku got lucky via taunts and a bigger threat than his speed being my priority.

Dooku and Leia kill them first, simple as that. If you can, stun Dooku, then end him. I'll at time let Ventress Stun him while taking a huge chunk out of him then I'll FB him to dust, same goes with Leia, though I have a team that can survive even a higher level Leia onslaught then kill her. Depends what you run really. No toon is OP though, sorry.
  • She isn't OP. Hits mid to low damage. Her buffs are good too. I've used Leia in many teams and she holds her own but has low health and armor making her very effected by AOE attacks. It's one of those situations where if you don't kill her from the start it could become a huge problem for you in the future.

She doesn't hit mid to low damage. FOTP is probably the only character to hit harder.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    No toon is really OP. Develop a strategy. They are not all created equal. Yes Leia can 3x shoot, even 4 on occasion racking up 5-6k in damage. Solution, kill her first.

There are teams where several opponents get to act before you do. She stealths.
    She is either bugged or OP. Her behavior when controlled by the AI does not match her description.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • only character faster than Leia is Dooku, I am not saying she is unbeatable but she does have a huge advantage and is unbalanced
  • Corndog131 wrote: »
    Noob question. I see the term OP everywhere. What does it mean?

Over powered = OP
  • One other issue, whenever you go against Leia in PvP, she ALWAYS goes first and enters stealth. You can't get any shots at her unless they are AoE. That by far is the least fair part when facing her. How can she always go first?
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    she goes first cause of her speed

top 3 Speed:
    Dooku 155
    Leia 143
    Sidious 142
  • rocknroll64
    322 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Leia maxed out will kill vader, fives, savage in 1 turn. Those are my 3 tankiest team members atm. It is rediculous with her stealth for 3 turns. That secures 3 kills right there. i get it, you have to invest a $1k into the game prob to get her to 7 stars. But it ruins my galaxy war once a week or so when i run into a well stared leia. And in pvp it is really tough. she hits 3-4 times every time she attacks. i have never seen her strike 1 or 2 times as the enemy on defensive AI. I understand if she kills my DPS guys in 1 turn, But its not reasonable to kill a tank of similar power in 1 turn.

And im max player level. My strongest team is a lil under 21k power. Its not a group of wussies. They are all max gear and between 4-7 star. (only 4 star is vader).
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • i know she is strong, but not OP. Just like tie pilot, I adjust to her. I also don't see 7* Leia often. I have her at 5 but don't play her yet. Haven't geared or trained her skills.

In GW she hits me hard but with a strategy and some luck I don't have too many problems.
  • I've always in the top 10 and rarely run into her.

What else is bugged is counter on her. If you have Kylo with counter active, if she hits 3 times, you might only counter once or twice, instead of 3 times.

You not died, If she hits 3 times?
    Beside kylo, he is not high damage on normal attack, he high power on skill.

• Alecation wrote: »
    only character faster than Leia is Dooku, I am not saying she is unbeatable but she does have a huge advantage and is unbalanced

I agree with you.
    First turn, we can not kill leia before she hide because her faster.
    And support by Obiwon (reduce power and lock skill), Poe taunt (more damage and focus hit on him)
    Qui gon, Plasma, Tie, Dukoo, Daka on other situation.

Second, she shoot shoot shoot !

I had it.
    If you are?

• EM650
    1120 posts Member
    It actually seems like they toned down how much damage Leia does. That or my team has just gotten stronger.

The character that I feel has too much firepower is FOTP. No one should be able to have one shot, one kill.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Alecation wrote: »
    only character faster than Leia is Dooku, I am not saying she is unbeatable but she does have a huge advantage and is unbalanced

What about Rey? I just used her in GW and she got to move before Dooku or Sid on a team I was battling.
  • [/quote]

What else is bugged is counter on her. If you have Kylo with counter active, if she hits 3 times, you might only counter once or twice, instead of 3 times.[/quote]

I can't remember the last time I hit Kylo with Leia but I specifically avoid hitting Dooku with her because he always counters however many times I hit him, usually 3 hits. My Leia is the most underpowered part of my team so even Dooku can take her out when he counters if he is stronger than her.
  • I pasted the quote wrong, that quote was from what trillizo said
  • Leia has been fixed, from what I've seen. She no longer gets 3-4 automatic attacks.
  • Elsario wrote: »
    Leia has been fixed, from what I've seen. She no longer gets 3-4 automatic attacks.

Nope, I faced couple teams with leia and she still hitting 3 times.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    She isn't OP. Hits mid to low damage. Her buffs are good too. I've used Leia in many teams and she holds her own but has low health and armor making her very effected by AOE attacks. It's one of those situations where if you don't kill her from the start it could become a huge problem for you in the future.

Mid to low? Then who hits high? I want them.
  • Elsario wrote: »
    Leia has been fixed, from what I've seen. She no longer gets 3-4 automatic attacks.

Nope, I faced couple teams with leia and she still hitting 3 times.

I noticed that she only got two attacks today and that wasn't even 100%. She is still putting the buff up every time though and the ones I faced in GW also seemed to vary in the number of attacks. I haven't kept a scientific record but it seems a bit better now.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    She still hits 3 to 4 times pretty often. Sometimes I get lucky though. :)
  • Leia sucks, .here's my 2 vid's showing why. First one is my leia maxed, then going up against someone else's maxed leia. She's based on luck, her first attack has to proc for her to be op. But there's times where it doesn't and she's terrible. Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2dsUapWtH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnEaU8VlQvQ

https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • Imagine if her health recovery was working right now.