This game is negatively affecting Star Wars

Does anyone else feel like their perception of Star Wars (the films, TV shows, books and other games) has been altered by this game?

For example it you watched Return of the Jedi right now you would see the Royal Guards.

The first thing that would come to mind before I played this game would have been "Oh cool, I wonder what they do?"

But now the first thing that would come to mind is, "Dammit, I'm going to have to deal with his taunt somehow. Bloody meta."

Star Wars means a lot to me, more than most people could possibly imagine (it's basically my only good childhood memory). So I fear that continuing to play this game could corrupt those memories and my experience in future.

Does anyone else feel like their perception of Star Wars has been altered either negatively or positively?

My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

Replies

• Baal
    602 posts Member
    Boooo! Hiss! Get out the game if it's ruining star wars for you.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Baal wrote: »

Everyone has an opinion. @cosmicturtle333 is allowed to express theirs . since you decided to be a royal ****, i will now feverishly troll you. :)
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    He fears playing this game will corrupt his childhood.
    That's either unnecessary llama drama *ish, or if it's real, pretty cut and dry.
    By all means, troll away. ;)
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    That's either unnecessary llama drama *ish, or if it's real, pretty cut and dry.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/490/230/ab0.jpg
  • kbonifay wrote: »

Everyone has an opinion. @cosmicturtle333 is allowed to express theirs . since you decided to be a royal ****, i will now feverishly troll you. :)

Feel free to troll him, in a different thread.

It is real, but thanks for your input.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited May 2016
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    When I see the Emperor using the lightning on Luke I just think "Hey Luke, just get the gear for better tenacity kid you'll be ight"
  • RU486 wrote: »
    When I see the Emperor using the lightning on Luke I just think "Hey Luke, just get the gear for better tenacity kid you'll be ight"

This is exactly what I mean. When Anakin attacks Dooku will I think 'watch out for his double counter!'
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Nah, I've played so many star wars games it all gets compartmentalized. Can't say I'm with you here
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    Nah, I've played so many star wars games it all gets compartmentalized. Can't say I'm with you here

I haven't played many, so that might be why.

I also haven't played the new battlefront yet, so I hope that doesn't have the same effect.
  • Reading this makes me a little sad, btw i wouldnt encourage you to try new bf, its even a bigger tragedy than this1 :/
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Reading this makes me a little sad, btw i wouldnt encourage you to try new bf, its even a bigger tragedy than this1 :/

That's a pity. I've got this on layby:

Star-Wars-Battlefront-PS4Console-v2.png

So I'll be playing it fairly soon. At least I'll have the older games to play as well.

Star_Wars_Classics_-_4_games_1440077641.jpg

They really need to remaster the original battlefronts, or at least the second one.
  • Reading this makes me a little sad, btw i wouldnt encourage you to try new bf, its even a bigger tragedy than this1 :/

That's a pity. I've got this on layby:

Star-Wars-Battlefront-PS4Console-v2.png

So I'll be playing it fairly soon. At least I'll have the older games to play as well.

Star_Wars_Classics_-_4_games_1440077641.jpg

They really need to remaster the original battlefronts, or at least the second one.

Some great stuff you got there :) i also agree that they should at least remaster bf2, 1st was good but there was actually improvement in bf2 imo and new bf isnt in lvl with either one of those
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    i'm not that big of a star wars fan, ive never even heard half the characters in this game before i started playing. but i think most people can separate the game from the movies.
  • Quite the contrary. My love for Lando has only gotten bigger/stronger/harder. gachiGASM

And I'm wondering what level those Royal Guards are. If Palpatine got all those RG's to 7* he must be the biggest whale in the galaxy far far away. B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Nah. Robot Chicken and Family guy have kinda done that for me already...
  • Quite the contrary. My love for Lando has only gotten bigger/stronger/harder. gachiGASM

And I'm wondering what level those Royal Guards are. If Palpatine got all those RG's to 7* he must be the biggest whale in the galaxy far far away. B)

That's awesome...
    LINE | codencrazy, skype | live:bderagon | Help a Dad Pay Off Debt!
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • VOIDIAT
    30 posts Member
    RU486 wrote: »

This is exactly what I mean. When Anakin attacks Dooku will I think 'watch out for his double counter!'

LOLOL xD
  • There's a theory where Kylo Ren took Vaders mask in Endor and possibly killed all living beings guarding the fallen Sith Lord remains with the help of the Knights of Ren just to retrieve it.

What if Teebo leads and stealthed EE, CC and 2 Ewok Scouts all gear IX and X, possibly destroying KoR and Kylo himself? Snoke would have been ****! lol

• @cosmicturtle333

man, the tangents on this thread.

I watched Force Awakens after I started playing a lot and the thought didn't cross my mind. But i think when I re-watch them it definitely will.