Ewoks or Droid Team for GW

I am at level 71 and GW has become a slog. I saw a video LordSkunk did on the Ewoks team being good to auto the first part of it. Also have heard droids doing something similar. Here is my current OOB.

Have all 4 Ewoks. Teebo is 6* and G7 for raids. The rest are 4* and around level 40 back from the Ewok event. Gear level 3 or 4.

Have all 4 droids (IG-86,88,100, and HK-47) around 4* and level 1 except for 86 which when it was one of the few dark toons I had. Poggle is going to be 5* by tomorrow from GW shipments to go with my GS and Sun Fac. I have Poe, but he is also level 1 and 4*.

The question is which one of these teams should I invest in for a auto GW team to cut the time sink down. My current Dark Side team is 7* Phasma, Kylo, 6* Daka, Talia, RG, and I do have a hard time advancing in the Dark Side battles. Light side I have a lot of Jedi and healing and that is much easier. I do see the droids as a possible way to help finish the DS battles, where the Ewoks are only for GW and maybe raids.

Replies

• JediKQD
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I use a droid team exclusively through first 4-5 nodes. HK (L), 86, 88, poggle, and either another attacker or healer. I semi-auto in that I'll select a target instead of letting AI randomly target. It works well, I think because the droids do so much damage, and with HK lead, they can pretty much finish off the other team in those initial nodes before taking much damage. I would guess that it takes me 5-10 minutes to get through the first 6-8 nodes these days.

I don't have an Ewok team leveled/starred up, so can't really give you a comparison.
  • Options
    For GW I find the following works well and takes me a long way through: HK47 (Lead), GS, Poggle, IG86, and then I rotate my healers (Lumi, JC, Daka) in the fifth slot.
  • BubsSolo
    54 posts Member
    Options
    I struggled to finish gw with my droid team. They did well in arena but come node 9 in gw they were down to to guys. I started running my young ewok team (with RG) and was delighted to see them complete the first 4 or 5 nodes. They are a hoot to use so I kepted useing them. As I developed them they went from completing 4 nodes to 6 nodes to 9 nodes to running the table. I have not lost a GW in a month and a half which is not a coincidence because that is when I started experiment ing with my ewoks.
    Be warned...Ewoks are a tough grind to farm. Perhaps a little easier with EE available in the guild store but scout is a **** to farm. If you are patient giver.
  • Sucka
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Regular droid teams don't last long in GW, they are a fantastic suicide squad to punch through a couple hard nodes but they fall apart quickly. Since I added JE to my GW team I can get through the first 7 or 8 nodes only using droids.
  • Options
    I started using my excess Guild coins for Jawa Engineer for the future. Rey has randomly come in more often so that is on hold.

Farming either team will take effort as 88 and HK have to split the Arena shipments, and Poe takes away from other priorities in Arena.

Ewoks certainly are tough as well. I see the point with Scout. Chirpa takes away in Arena, and Elder takes away from Rey and JE.

I get through GW every day, just I have to play all 12 rounds and usually end up with a few retreats to save some characters. Last week I could run almost the whole thing with my Jedi team, but that has become harder as I leveled up my Arena team to punch into the top 50 every day.
  • Options
    I do all my GW battles with Ewoks & Rey. I can usually keep the team alive through elder's rez & heal and Chirpa's heal over time.
  • Options
    OK. I spent a little money on getting Echo and ended up with a number of Scout shards, so I will have 5* scout, 5* Chirpa, 6* Teebo, and 4* Elder within a few days. Looks like I will go that route.

I did try my level 60ish Clone squad playing manually and got through level 4-5 on GW before having to go to the Jedi C Team. Once Echo's abilities are up, this looks like a decent choice as well.
  • Options
    finish gw on auto daily. level 78 player
    use chip lead 6* barris 4* elder 6* teebo gear 9 7* daka gear 9 6*
    gear 8 for the others.
    this team is extremely good for gw, i can auto up until the last 2-3 nodes, then just handle the last few nodes respectively.
    ps. havent leveled woks or barriss passed 70, and wont until they start to slack
  • Options
    To be completely honest I find the best team is Barris Lori, lung, jc, and then add qgj and yoda or if facing sidings use HS and ig 86. I have rattled off 9 gw wins in a row. My Barris is only a 5 star with a lvl 6 lead
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks and droids...with poggle/daka/boba/lumi mixed in. That does whole GW. I've done studies...60% of the time, it works everytime. :p
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    GW and Ewoks tales a long time... 3 droids and 2 healers, 3 assists and 2 healers will take you up to 6-8. Then you might have to switch around some things. It depends on the meta of the GW you get for the last 2-4.