Abandon raid?

We just a had a tier V raid that was on its last legs and we were all waiting for the refresh to finish it off. 8 minutes to go and the raid gets killed and a new one started. How are we supposed to know who did it? There should be some way of tracking this so we can regulate something as big as this. We lost all our rewards and have to remove all officers so we can make sure it doesn't happen again

Replies

• The in game chat should have a message letting the guild know who starts or abandons a raid.
  • CyciumX
    83 posts Member
    Yeah... got screwed on my first raid. Made everyone officers since I figured it would spare feelings and didn't seem important.

....Then a raid got started without anyone knowing and the only two people that played it obviously got rewards for 1st and 2nd and all other rewards went to waste.

Demoted everyone after that.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    has anyone pushed the abandon button? Does it have a popup asking you to continue? Or does it just happen?
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    That button terrifies me. I can't believe it's as big as it is, located where it is.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    That button terrifies me. I can't believe it's as big as it is, located where it is.

I was just about to say the same thing. The button needs to be moved and needs to have some other failsafe. Like a 60 second countdown after you press it the first time before you can confirm it. Or require a second officer to confirm the abandon. Its to risky since we all get accustomed to pressing buttons quickly in games like this
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    I pressed it on accident this morning. A big ol' "are you sure" screen popped up.

Still I HATE the placement of the abandon button. It's this giant red glowing button that just draws yours eyes to it, and it's right next to a button you press all the time. And with my fat fingers I can't believe it took me this long to press it.

Please move this button to the lower left, and make it much smaller.

Right now it's akin to putting a giant self destruct button next to the start button in your car.
  • DEVS, any chance the abandon raid button can be relocated to the bottom left of the screen, and possibly make the icon smaller? I have seen several threads about this and no action has been taken yet. The abandon raid icon is in a TERRIBLE location and is just begging for someone to hit it by accident. Even if there is a confirm or "are you sure" button, it's still an accident waiting to happen. Thank you.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    You all are very right! The location concerns me but I'm glad we at least get a "are you sure" button.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Are we sure we get an are we sure message? What if he is saying that in hopes we test it by pushing it and it abandons our raid! Arggg!
  • OoUndead
    212 posts Member
    I think we need screenshot ! Who will have balls to make it happen ? xD
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    OoUndead wrote: »
    I think we need screenshot ! Who will have balls to make it happen ? xD

+1
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The abandon button claimed another victim last night. We were 3 days into our first T6. We were a bit out of our depth but didn't want to quit. Probably had a couple days more to beat it and go back to our normal T5s. One poor officer accidentally pressed the self destruct button. He owned up to it right away like a good chap, and of course is incredibly sorry. Our guild is really cool and understanding so we aren't making a big deal out of it. But the button placement is the incredibly terrible. This stuff will keep happening until its fixed
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    So then there is not a confirmation button? Or did your officer hit that, too?
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Not sure. There probably is. Just hit that, too, i guess. In a game where you get used to just spaming buttons it isn't hard to believe.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    True.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Previous reports were that there was no confirmation dialogue... if there has since been one stealthily added by the devs, they really should post publicly so that everyone knows this important detail.

I'm not about to ask 49 other people to participate in a dumb experiment "for science" when the devs should be taking care of silly things like this... just sayin'
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    We just a had a tier V raid that was on its last legs and we were all waiting for the refresh to finish it off. 8 minutes to go and the raid gets killed and a new one started. How are we supposed to know who did it? There should be some way of tracking this so we can regulate something as big as this. We lost all our rewards and have to remove all officers so we can make sure it doesn't happen again

I believe only guild leaders or officers can do this.
  • I was scrolling through the damage to see how many people had taken a turn and I hit it by accident one time. It definitely asks you to confirm. But they need to move it. It should be on a tab by itself.
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    I was scrolling through the damage to see how many people had taken a turn and I hit it by accident one time. It definitely asks you to confirm. But they need to move it. It should be on a tab by itself.

This is always my worst nightmare... good to know that a confirmation dialogue has been added... now just don't fat finger twice!

SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Caztic
    175 posts Member
    We just had a T5 aborted as well. Move the **** button please
  • gbshow
    89 posts Member
    that's really bad but be careful who you trust. Sorry.
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    I just got promoted to officer in my guild and I have to agree, the button terrifies me.
    I like to play the game at home after work with a couple (or half a dozen) of beers. Now I am seriously worried that I might hit that button in my drunken state!
  • Rome_Aero01
    27 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Some officer who did not like the new Guild style started a raid, but if I abandon the Raid all the tickets will be burned. Can they add a process that returns the tickets if we press abandon, before the raid gets started or within a certain time frame if it is started? Kind of like a damage control measure?
  • I am groot

c8i06f32nx0z.jpeg
  • You mean you guys aren't always maxed out on sith raid tickets anyways?
  • exsul
    44 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    oh it's old theme
  • Nice necro, pretty near a record I think
  • My kid almost abandoned out first heroic sith raid win in p4 😂