Rancor AI update?

Sysy
307 posts Member
edited May 2016
After character refresh at 12:00 est, I engaged tier 6 Rancor in phase 3. To my surprise, the Rancor has learned to dispel before the AOE smash, after my Yoda used BM to share his foresight. I did not have any taunt up then, so it could only be a secret update. So after they neufed the Yoda challenge, they buffed Rancor AI ... Beware, my friends!

Update, Rancor now did not automatically use his AOE smash after cooldown. Once he used basic attack twice when the AOE is ready. But in one or two rounds when he got several of my toons to yellow, he did smash the floor and kill them all ...

Plus, Rancor still devoured whenever he can ...
swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
Post edited by Sysy on

Replies

• Options
    I'm not sure if there was an update but the rancor sure does make some strange choices. He went two rounds without using devour against me earlier when he could have done. I'd say it's a good thing...
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Did he happen to Bellow before he smashed?
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I just did a couple fights with him. One time he smashed first and then bellowed and the next was reverse.

I think it's just cool down timing.
  • Options
    he's always been able to do this. if you have enough buffs up, will sometimes choose to dispel prior to smashing. he especially likes to do this if you have defense up or foresight active.
  • Options
    I almost always have O UP against him, and he almost always dispels before AOE. i thought this was normal.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Alita Thanks for the clarification. I have played against Rancor for 11 times at tier 5 and never had this problem. This is the first time I fought him in phase 3 at tier 6. I did not have this problem yesterday fighting him in phase 2. Perhaps Tier 6 phase 3 Rancor is just smarter ... Guess I need more attempts to evaluate his behaviors.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007