Omega Event Megathread ** DEV COMMENT**

Replies

• hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Drekulviin wrote: »
    all the whinning again...... c'mon most complaints are not even justified
    you wanna grow as fast as those who started in November ? then keep grinding the game for an extras 4 months and you will be at the same place. 6 months of grinding and time consuming to get the Omegas and the newly players want it all right now ?? where it is fair ?
    Have you ever played a game before? None of them work like this. Every other game I've played has a mechanism for newer players to catch up because they knew that for a game to survive, you need to attract and retain new players.

No one who has ever started playing a game did do thinking "awesome, if I grind for six months starting now I'll still be six months behind! I love not being able to participate in end game content and being given the same rewards
    for higher investments!"
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    In this thread by Jesse he said the event was designed for Level 78 Characters but he did not say if they were REQUIRED to be level 78 or not.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/40543/game-update-5-17-2016
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    jusTiC3 wrote: »
    This is why I'm uninstalled the game. I spend round about 300€ for nothing. The Raids r unfair, unfair restart times, unfair rewards. The game is now nearly unplayable without spending much more money to get premium characters and mats, it's frustrating.

The balancing is bad the premium chars totally op the AI has some unfair advantages the player never get (i.e. Dodge, stun, bonus attacks).

I'm done with goh.

It is frustrating but if you go in with a mindset of "let's play this game" instead of "I need all" it works out quite well. You would have been better off not spending the 300 quid.
    colo wrote: »
    Another disappointed news.
    No communication, everyone is broke with yoda event and leveling char for raid.
    And what... another event which requieres lot of money.

I now the goal of this game is making money, but i think the ratio "want to sell stuff" vs "fun we provide" is definitly against player.

Same as above. You should not feel the need to beat every challenge and win everyone outright. You may not be able to play this round of omega challenge but you will if you keep playing for fun. I am just happy they reintroduced an omega event at all.

Yoda event was a bit of a disappointment, but as far as I can recall its the first time content was nerfed rather than certain toons.
  • Hey everyone, here are the locations and the character requirements for each of the Omega Battles:

May 21-22
    Bespin : Rebels and Geonosian
    Coruscant : Empire and Ewoks

May 28-29
    Dathomir : Jedi and Tusken
    Hoth : Sith and Droids

June 4-5
    Jakku : First Order and Jawas
    Imperial Fleet : Resistance and Clones

Mucous Grassy
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • So is it still 3 characters and 3* requirement?
  • Twyler wrote: »
    So is it still 3 characters and 3* requirement?

Yes! Sorry, forgot to add that. It's in the main post now. 3 characters, approx 3*
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • jusTiC3 wrote: »
    This is why I'm uninstalled the game. I spend round about 300€ for nothing. The Raids r unfair, unfair restart times, unfair rewards. The game is now nearly unplayable without spending much more money to get premium characters and mats, it's frustrating.

The balancing is bad the premium chars totally op the AI has some unfair advantages the player never get (i.e. Dodge, stun, bonus attacks).

I'm done with goh.

If you're done, then why waste time and energy posting on the forum?
  • Anyone Know is it just L78 requirement...i.e. Star req's also?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Twyler wrote: »

Yes! Sorry, forgot to add that. It's in the main post now. 3 characters, approx 3*

Is 3 3 stars a requirement to participate or can you attempt it with less?
  • Anathien
    107 posts Member
    Is there any info for the character requirements will be the same ? or will that requirement be removed ?
    If I remember correctly omega battle wanted 3 3* characters from the requirement roster. Are these going to be same or is there a change?

@EA_Jesse I would be glad if you guys can shed light to this too..

Thanks in advance..
  • Drekulviin wrote: »
    all the whinning again...... c'mon most complaints are not even justified

For sure. How about just saying, "thank you EA for the opportunity to grind-out some Omega's that would otherwise take a long time to do."
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Theres a dev announcement about this guys.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Hey everyone, here are the locations and the character requirements for each of the Omega Battles:

May 21-22
    Bespin : Rebels and Geonosian
    Coruscant : Empire and Ewoks

May 28-29
    Dathomir : Jedi and Tusken
    Hoth : Sith and Droids

June 4-5
    Jakku : First Order and Jawas
    Imperial Fleet : Resistance and Clones
  • ProfmyGR
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Thank you NotReallyAJedi.
    So there it will has 2 requirements for us? 3 stars per character and 77 level per character for last version?
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Wow really???? Level 77??that's just plain stupid. Why not keep it the original 70??? I was 68 when the event happened and now your telling me I'm going to miss out on omegas just cuz I'm 75?? ****.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    I'm sorry but you're telling me that in order to get omega mats I need to be level 77??? I missed the last omega event because I was level 68. Now I'm going to miss it again because I'm 75?? There's people on my shard who got omega mats and now they're going to get more?? This is a mid february shard. Its ridiculous. I urge you to keep it 70.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Or at least tell me the logic behind this. Its baffling
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    ProfmyGR wrote: »

Thank you NotReallyAJedi.
    So there it will has 2 requirements for us? 3 stars per character and 77 level per character for last version?

I think you can read it two ways.

The battle is tuned to 3 star 77 but any level can participate

Or

Their is a requirement of 3 star level 77 toons. Or some combination thereof.

If it's like last time it will be 3 star requirement with no level requirement.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    You can play you just may not win. Seems right.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    The post says it unlocks at 77. Meaning if I'm not 77 I can't play.
  • Way i see it. If i got the people ill give a shot if i don't i will wait till next time
  • Jaflip wrote: »
    The post says it unlocks at 77. Meaning if I'm not 77 I can't play.

He's right. The third fight unlocks at player level 77.
  • Cry, whine, complain, shout, scream - then they will nerf it, like the yoda event! This is how things work here.

I agree

• niknum
    10 posts Member
    Same here. If you want to make the toons inside stronger, then do so. But please keep the unlock at level 70. You can use Omegas at character level 76, why make it 77 to begin with?
  • The requirements are for player level. Third tier unlocks at player level 77, according to the dev update thread posted this evening.
  • aGlint
    54 posts Member
    The sliding requirement is what killed people for yoda who were close last time, now they're doing the same with Omegas....
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    I just don't get it. Why make the people who already have some get even more while you penalize the ones that were only a few levels back. It takes forever to level up and I do 2 refreshes in cantina and 3-5 on normal energy so I already get extra XP. This irritates me to no end.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    People are going to get omegas regardless. So why make it tougher on the first place? I understand you're trying to make the people that stayed level 70 for a few weeks happy but your penalizing a whole bunch of people because they didn't start a week earlier.
  • I think I'll spend some of my crystal reserve refreshing the ones I can do, rather than spending credits to level characters for the ones I can't.