Omega Event Megathread ** DEV COMMENT**

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Jaflip wrote: »
    The post says it unlocks at 77. Meaning if I'm not 77 I can't play.

He's right. The third fight unlocks at player level 77.

Well that's lame
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Omegas are end game content. Why does it surprise people that they're meant for players near the end.

Omega is literally, the last letter of the Greek alphabet.
    Symbolic for last.
    As in, not for someone just now getting into the upper lvls.
    In all games, there's always better stuff the higher you go. That's the whole point of why you want to level up.
    +1

Boom boom boom, playa welcome to the city, boom boom boom!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi please. this is non sense
  • I'm with Jaflip. I barely missed the last omega event because I was just under level 70. Now I've been grinding everyday to get to 75 and I might make the last weekend.
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    All Dev Quotes & Omega Information in 1 Post..These Posts have Been Edited for your benefit .Added Character Names to make it Easier to Level Up and/or Farm Mats for Battles Ahead..!
    Hey everyone, here are the locations and the character requirements for each of the Omega Battles:

May 21-22 - characters most likely, so my best guess for this weekends battles
    Bespin: Rebels (9) and Geonosian (3)

Luke, Wedge, AAckbar, PLeia, HRScout, HRSoldier,
    Lobot, Sun Fac, STHan, Biggs, GeoSoldier, Poggle.

Coruscant: Empire (7) and Ewoks (4)
    StormT, SnowT, MagmaT, GenVeers, GMTarkin,
    CChirpa, EScout, DVader, RoyalG, Teebo, EElder.

May 28-29
    Dathomir: Jedi (15) and Tusken (3)
    GMYoda, Lumi, QGJin, Ahsoko
    , JKGuard, EKoth, JediC,
    BOffee, PloKoon, OldBen, Mace, ASecura, JKAnakin, KFisto,
    ImaGunDi, TSharman, TRaider, Uror.

Hoth: Sith (5) and Droids (7)??
    DVader, SavageO
    , DSidious, CDooku , DMaul, GGrievous,
    HK-47, Lobot??, IG-88, IG-100, IG-86, Poggle??

June 4-5
    Jakku: First Order (5) and Jawas (3)

FOOfficer, KlyoRen, FOTPilot, FOSTrooper,
    Phasma, Dathcha, Jawa,
    JEngineer.

Imperial Fleet: Resistance (5) and Clones (5)??
    Rey, PoeD, RTrooper, RPilot, Finn, Rex,
    Fives, CSergent, Echo, PloKoon??.
    Twyler wrote: »
    So is it still 3 characters and 3* requirement?
    Yes! Sorry, forgot to add that. It's in the main post now. 3 characters, approx 3*
    Based on everyone's feedback, we will unlock the final event at 75, instead of 77.

Thanks Heaps CG_NotReallyAJedi jj & Greg1920
    You Rock .....! Prefect Example of How To Satisfy the Mass's.

Edited: in italics & format by me..
    Possible Character Names on INRAJ Post Info & Just Removed Greg1920's List used as reference. Thx to SWGOHCantina for synergies lists, thou a few not up to date..
    ?? = Not Sure These Are Right...
    Finished Hope the List Helps Some Ppl..!
    Post edited by PardeyGirL on
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Or at least make it to 75. Most of my shard is over 75 or at least close enough to get to it.
  • Based on everyone's feedback, we will unlock the final event at 75, instead of 77.
    Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Based on everyone's feedback, we will unlock the final event at 75, instead of 77.

Should have just split the difference and made it 76 lol. That's the level you can first start using them anyway.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Wow thank you!
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Unbelievable. Pre-nerfs now.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Thanks guys, I'll definitely be spending some more money this weekend.

Thank you for listening.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    This should be interesting
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    So now the level 75s are happy but the level 74s rage on.
  • DJJ wrote: »
    So now the level 75s are happy but the level 74s rage on.

Exactly. The devs will NEVER, EVER make a decision like this that pleases everyone.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    I think 76 would have made sense since that's when omegas start working. And if you're 75 this weekend you should hit 76 by next weekend.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    I still think they should bring it down to 70. Waiting for 70 to 80 just to start getting omegas while everyone else starts getting them (some TWICE). this is why they should make an omega event for whenever you get to level 76 so that everyone gets some rather than some being left out from events. But oh well I don't get paid for the ideas
  • ObranVox wrote: »
    Prediction- since no one has a full 7 star group of those random characters, it will be the yoda event all over again and the forum will explode.

Also, I bet Rey gets the Fives treatment next month and the same thing will happen.

This.

and it'll happen after I unlock her, Vox.

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    it will have been 50 days since the update. Doing no refreshes you would gain 900+120+240+135 = 1395 per day. This is roughly 70,000 exp. The experience required to get from 70 to 75 was 5500+6600+7700+8800+9900 = 38500. Leaving about 32000 experience. So this event includes everyone who has played daily who was at least level 64 at cap increase. And with another 14 days until the last event people who were level 58 and above will be able to participate in the last event. And this doesn't consider refreshes.

This seems like a pretty reasonable approach.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi

Are we able to participate in these on both Saturday and Sunday (implying they have a 24 hour cooldown like last time) or is it one set of completions per weekend?

Are the crystal refresh amounts / costs identical to last time or will we be able to refresh additional times / are the prices changing?
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Oh man this is like the yoda event, except that we have to field 3 high level, well-geared, well starred faction teams on such short notice? Due to credit shortage I probably wouldn't be able to form a full team for this. A big thank you to the devs for making yet another barrier to progression.
  • Twiztid8
    79 posts Member
    Wondering why these Omega mats are being drip fed to us? Really annoying
  • Twiztid8 wrote: »
    Wondering why these Omega mats are being drip fed to us? Really annoying

Seriously? They were created to be awarded for daily completion at Level 80. The devs have given us a chance to earn extra materials (now a second time) before we hit the level cap, and you don't think that's good enough? Wow.

Just... wow.
  • Glad Ill have roughly 4 million creds come 1st day of 1st event. I'll just level who I need to lvl
  • I don't remember seeing the answer to this. Is it player lvl 75, or the character lvls have to be 75 individually?
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by Zekex on
  • I must have missed something..

Did it say anywhere that a minimum character level is required? Thought the level 75 thing was player level..??
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Pleblo
    52 posts Member
    I must have missed something..

Did it say anywhere that a minimum character level is required? Thought the level 75 thing was player level..??

If i read it correct char level doesn't' matter just has to be 3* and above but to unlock you have to be player level 75.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I must have missed something..

I'm pretty sure it is by player level but the event itself is tuned to level 78 characters
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • No love for nightsisters CG_NotReallyAJedi? Would be nice to be rewarded with possible omegas given how mediocre they have become. Perhaps you could add nightsisters to the last weekend as most people will struggle with first order, jawas, clones and resistence characters. Thoughts?