Omega Event Megathread ** DEV COMMENT**

12346Next

Replies

  • Ugh, I was hoping for a lvl 70 unlock for the omega. Looks like I will once again be unable to participate for the first couple of weekends both due to not having the right characters and the level requirement.

    This might be selfish, but crossing my fingers that the heaviest spenders on my shards wont get too far ahead. Lvl 75 requirement pretty much divides my shard and arena betweeen big spenders and moderate/f2p. It will probably take me 2 months to be close to catching up on the omega count. Don't forget that omegas have diminishing return, the first couple of skills that get upgraded will be much more game changing than the 15th skill that gets upgraded.

    I also hope that they add more characters that qualify, like night sisters and scoundrels for the days when there are few options.
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    I just want to say thank you to the devs again! 75 seems much more logical. Gives people time to think about what omegas go to what characters before they use them at 76
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    atDrammen wrote: »
    Ugh, I was hoping for a lvl 70 unlock for the omega. Looks like I will once again be unable to participate for the first couple of weekends both due to not having the right characters and the level requirement.

    This might be selfish, but crossing my fingers that the heaviest spenders on my shards wont get too far ahead. Lvl 75 requirement pretty much divides my shard and arena betweeen big spenders and moderate/f2p. It will probably take me 2 months to be close to catching up on the omega count. Don't forget that omegas have diminishing return, the first couple of skills that get upgraded will be much more game changing than the 15th skill that gets upgraded.

    I also hope that they add more characters that qualify, like night sisters and scoundrels for the days when there are few options.

    The great division is already caused by the unobtanium debacle: only precrafters and people with enough crystals can get most of them. And to catch them you would need probably half a year or more. The omega is nothing compared to that, as you will get omegas anyways at level 80.
  • Vinniarth
    1473 posts Member
    Guys? Can you clarify, please? Do the player needs to be 78 or each character?
    Thank you.
  • PardeyGirL
    193 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Player Lvl 75 or More to Do Battle for the Omega's 3x Toons for each battle, Higher the Gear & Mats the better..
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    er, why dont you let anyone attempt any level, us lower ranks would get trashed on the last tier anyway, so nothing lost, but doesn't form unnecessary barriers

    i dunno maybe I'm missing something.
  • atDrammen
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    DieInFire wrote: »

    The great division is already caused by the unobtanium debacle: only precrafters and people with enough crystals can get most of them. And to catch them you would need probably half a year or more. The omega is nothing compared to that, as you will get omegas anyways at level 80.

    Precrafters are not an issue on an April shards since noone were even close to 50 when the gear change occurred. That is why I quit my main account and made my alt the new big thing. Just to make it clear, I really enjoy the game but sometimes I wish devs did not introduce a chasm I have to get across. I like my uphill battles but more obstacles before being allowed to fight uphill makes me sad.

    The thng about the omega event is that it vastly accellerates the accumulation of omega mats through refreshes.

    Hence +1 vote for @thee_pdx suggestions about removing level requirements. Let me be repeatedly crushed on my own time! :)
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    FluffySith wrote: »
    Yeah if the description is right the only people benifiting from this are probably already farming omega.... eg whales

    Stop think that bc a player is max level he/she is a whale.

    Almost everyone who played this since dec f2p or not, have reached 78-80.

    A lot will benefit from this event. If your too low you don't have any use of them anyway.

    It's like I should I have complained that we didn't have omega when I was low back in april
  • RaverRic
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Where scoundral team at bobba fett gredo cad bane go and NightSisters Team
  • thee_pdx wrote: »
    er, why dont you let anyone attempt any level, us lower ranks would get trashed on the last tier anyway, so nothing lost, but doesn't form unnecessary barriers

    i dunno maybe I'm missing something.

    Pretty much all of the original content in the game is locked by player level. It's always been this way. You cannot fight Tier 5 Challenges until you hit a certain level. You cannot access Tier 7 Cantina Battles until you hit a certain level. So, any other events or challenges they introduce, we can expect them to be structured the same way. Shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone.
  • @CG_NotReallyAJedi

    No Lando for rebels?
  • Darth_Keith
    135 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    May 21-22 •Bespin : Rebels and Geonosian
    •Coruscant : Empire and Ewoks


    May 28-29 •Dathomir : Jedi and Tusken
    •Hoth : Sith and Droids

    June 4-5 •Jakku : First Order and Jawas
    •Imperial Fleet : Resistance and Clones

    Who came up with these team pairings?

    My highest Rebels are 6* Leia at level 57 and 4* Luke at level 42. All my other Rebels and Geonosians are level 1 (or locked).

    Probably won't do too well with most of the other team pairings either unless I level those specific characters just for this event.

    What was wrong with the random groups they used last time? Guess I'm out many Omegas this time around.
  • The team parings and requirements are pure crap. Let's just call this what it is - whale event. The majority of the player base is going to get 1-2 omegas max on this. This is the kind of event that makes people want to quit the game.
  • Vinniarth
    1473 posts Member
    Yeap, I have the most problems with rebels... If event does not require toons to be at least 75th level, then I can try... but this is really ****...
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    thee_pdx wrote: »
    er, why dont you let anyone attempt any level, us lower ranks would get trashed on the last tier anyway, so nothing lost, but doesn't form unnecessary barriers

    i dunno maybe I'm missing something.

    Pretty much all of the original content in the game is locked by player level. It's always been this way. You cannot fight Tier 5 Challenges until you hit a certain level. You cannot access Tier 7 Cantina Battles until you hit a certain level. So, any other events or challenges they introduce, we can expect them to be structured the same way. Shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone.

    its not a big surprise. I was just questioning (asking out loud so to speak) why its the case.
Sign In or Register to comment.