Almost Squad Arena Sniping Time

I sit in the top few spots in my server and the top spot changes just about every night which is great. I've sniped the top spot in the last 10 minutes a couple times. I'm not a big fan of rewards being set for the people that have the ability to be online at some arbitrary time which starting Monday will be on my rush hour drive home from work. So likely before I leave work I will jump as high as I can then start matches and let the 5 minute timer go until I've wasted all the time. Then refresh and start another immediate battle and not even play it all while driving home. I don't want to do this but it's the only way I will stay at the top in the last 20 minutes before awards are given out. What's painful for someone else is I won't even let them have a chance to beat me. So enough complaining about it, I'd like to offer a potential solution.

Keep the arbitrary end of day award time which is 6:00pm local for me. Instead of the reward being your place at the end of the day, make it your average place over the course of the 24 hours. Both your average daily ranking and current ranking should be available at all times. This means the guy in first has to be ready to defend his position at any time during the day. Maybe he gets knocked from 1st to 4th to 11th and his average daily ranking drops and he has to work his way back up over the course of the day. I'm not saying this is the best answer, but it really changes the dynamic of your strategy. This is a smart community, seems like we can come up with something more constructive than the last second sniping which is really only a product of being able to be online at a particular moment.

My moments is here. Time to start the sniping.

Replies