Raids- 1 Million+ Damage

ObranVox
134 posts Member
I have a very decent roster, yet I can't even break 500k in raids. Others in my guild always do 1 mil-2 mil damage.

Please detail what characters, phases, strategies you are using to hit these numbers.

I cant stay in the fight long enough to get anywhere close. There doesnt seem to be that much difference in my toons and those in the top spots.

Do you use escape? Please provide details, aka, Raids For Dummies.

Replies

• It's a combination of using the leader ability wisely and escaping the right toons. You get 5 attempts so if you have 25 toons raid ready it's a non issue but saving 1-2 from each round can heavily impact you.

I find that Rey and yoda are my best attackers so I try to bring them 5 times also dooku and 5s are good for counters

I typically run lumi barris or phasma as leader also attempt to save a healer when you can.

Basically it's better to have 5 good attempts instead of 2-3 max attempts where everyone dies
  • Can you provide more details? Which tier are you attempting? What are the roster like for said players in your guild?
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Its Tier 5. Seems the difference in my toons and those at the top are their RG and GS are better than mine. Still not sure how that accounts for my 600k to their 2 mil though.

If anyone posts over a mil, please explain how. Would love to just hear your stories instead of trying to explain who I have and yada yada.
  • kaleb314
    146 posts Member
    On Phase 1 my Ewok team has easily gotten 1M+
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    T5>Teebo (l), Elder, Chirpa, 5's, Rex/QGJ (omega on basic)

Should be able to clear 1M in P1 with 1 battle
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    QGJ will get my next omega. I'm halfway to 80. I wasted one on Barriss and the other on Daka.

By phase 1 you mean the pigs or phase 1 of rancor?
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    P1>Captain.
    T5/T6 TM control on all phases can get you high damage output. Much better in P1 and P4 because you can't get eaten.

I suggest trying to escape 1 turn before the opponents become enraged. If you want to gamble can try a couple more TM reduction but I normally escape at enraged.
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    How many toons do you escape with? It lets you keep your numbers?

Do you use First Order Officer? Working on him now but its a slow go. Huge tm toon.

I typically use Phasma, QGJ, 86, GS, Yoda. The rest of my teams suck in comparison. My ewoks just arent strong enough yet.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I always use QGJ (L), Yoda, Rey, Lumi, Fives in my first team.

I drop the door on the Rancor, and slow him with fives, which allows you to do a ton of damage before the fight even really begins.

Then I use Yoda to give foresight and tenacity up to the entire party. Foresight absorbs the rancor slam and no one gets hit with health down because of the tenacity up. Then tenacity up absorbs the roar so no one loses turn meter. So both the rancor's specials are absorbed with no damage to the party, and it gets no turns of the devour cooldown because no one drops below 50% health.

Between the group buffs, I use QGJ basic and Yoda's special to TM, and Lumi to heal anyone damaged by normal attacks.

Then I escape Rey, Yoda, QGJ, Lumi, in that order. Fives is usually devoured, it gets the tanks first for some reason. Usually I get Rey and Yoda, if I don't I retreat and start again, then I usually get both. Sometimes I get QGJ too.

This party usually gets between 550K - 600K. Most they've gotten is 625K.

Then I replace QGJ with Phasma lead, and use her to apply slow. Use Yoda the same way and replace Lumi with another healer. This party doesn't do as much damage because even with the extra attacks from Phasma, the healer doesn't do near as much damage as Lumi.

But by the time this line up is finished I usually have over 900K.

Then get between 100K and 200K from whatever three parties I make after this. It depends how many times I got Yoda, Rey, Phasma out.

If Phasma and QGJ are dead I use Dooku as lead on the next party.

If you're doing phase two of the rancor, make sure you have people to debuff it. Slow, healing immunity, offense down, anything to remove the +50% armor the rancor has when not suffering a negative effect.

On the fourth phase I use Tarkin to keep offense down on it as much as possible, and fives to slow it.

My team for the pigs isn't that good because I don't have a leveled up cleanser to remove the death mark. I almost have Ackbar ready though.
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    My main team is teebo, Elder, Chirpa, Rex, 5's
    I actually got lucky and escaped them all once today. And most of them the second time around.

Escape let's you keep you damage and allows use again.

Retreat is a complete reset, similar to GW, and you run the risk of the Raid not being in that phase anymore
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    Starting to make sense. Thanks
  • scuba wrote: »
    P1>Captain.
    T5/T6 TM control on all phases can get you high damage output. Much better in P1 and P4 because you can't get eaten.

I suggest trying to escape 1 turn before the opponents become enraged. If you want to gamble can try a couple more TM reduction but I normally escape at enraged.

How consistent is it for you? I tried with Teebo a few times and his TM reduction gets resisted more often than not.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Test it. It is all rng. I have found that if first 2/3 are resisted retreat and try again it takes a couple of minutes at the most to try 3 times. Unlike GW simply retreating in raid and going back in will change RNG out come.

Definitely resisted more in T6 than T5 but is still reliable IMO. I also save assist calls for when it is resisted.
  • Ooh, I didn't know raid retreat resets the rng. That wil definitely help. Thanks. :)
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    I have been following the advice on the forum and I average around 400,000 damage with fifteen 7* toons, while I have a guild mate who has very similar toons as I do and he is doing 800,000. So the only explanation I can think of is I must suck at this :(
  • scuba
    14041 posts Member
    Yes the rng reset is nice. Had one battle with low heath Elder and rancor would do slam right away killing Elder. Retreated and came back in a couple times till Elder dodged and lived through it.