So lets talk about Ackbar, Poogle & Poe...

Replies

• shimmy
    200 posts Member
    That poggle character is awesome. Just faced a team that had him and I was hoping to get him out before he did his damage boost but didn't (and of course since it is an EA game, it triggered on each of my characters, something my abilities never do) and it was that boost that caused me to lose given the early damage as I'd have easily won without it. He also had a good bit of health and this was a level 55 player.

I'd like a poggle but I doubt one will ever show up for me from a data card and farming him from the battles seems like it'd take forever. I generally always pick him when he is an add-on in the other modes.
  • I have a fully geared Poe, one short of gear 8.
    Even at 4 stars, he is the biggest difference maker I've seen so far in the entire collection of heroes. No other character can dramatically improve a team like the way he does. (Poggle is a distant second probably) I went from getting my shi t kicked out without him to beating the crap out of the same opponent with him. Yeah, that's right. It's that kind of difference. Consistently expose 3/5, 40+ potency! 60+ tenacity! Nothing can get to him.

I never say who is the best character in this game because it's about synergy not individual skills. But clearly EA made this character too strong IMO.

Phasma pales in comparison. Boba will be an afterthought when you see Poe's true power.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    I have a fully geared Poe, one short of gear 8.
    Even at 4 stars, he is the biggest difference maker I've seen so far in the entire collection of heroes. No other character can dramatically improve a team like the way he does. (Poggle is a distant second probably) I went from getting my shi t kicked out without him to beating the crap out of the same opponent with him. Yeah, that's right. It's that kind of difference. Consistently expose 3/5, 40+ potency! 60+ tenacity! Nothing can get to him.

I never say who is the best character in this game because it's about synergy not individual skills. But clearly EA made this character too strong IMO.

Phasma pales in comparison. Boba will be an afterthought when you see Poe's true power.

That is what I thought. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Great information.
  • may I ask when the next update will be?
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Ricky wrote: »
    may I ask when the next update will be?

Sometime this month...supposedly lol.
  • Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    Concerning Ackbar and cleanse, I *think* cleanse is bugged right now. I've been working on my Ewok Elder and his cleanse / heal only 1 of each type of debuff, so if there are multiple dots from sid or vader it only removes 1 not all as the tool tip states. With offense being what it is I'm actually looking for some decent buff cleanse vs debuff cleanse options though, as I'd guess that will actually add as much or more survivability.

I used him yesterday against a Sid led team. He actually cleaned out every debuff (each squad member only had two at most). Sid never got a chance to put heal block on, I killed him too quickly. So it definitely will clean 2. Need to see if it will work with 3. I tested him in Ability Mat challenge, with Vader, and he cleaned all of Vaders dots. He pretty much neutralizes Sid and Vader, and is only needed in opening round. After that I generally don't care if he dies.
    I am pretty certain though that he's bugged.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Lianara wrote: »
    I've been using Akbar as an anti-Sid/Vader/HK team member ... works like a charm - and his heal will exceed Lumi's initial heal when there are lots of dots (I got 3-4k heal once from him, 4*, gear4). I think once he's buffed the heal will be higher. Unfortunately he's a liability on offence. He has one special to pass control to a random squad member, otherwise that's it. Unlike Barriss, he can't heal unless there are dots so there are actually turns where he's a complete liability. I think he has potential, but he needs to be more than a one-trick pony. I actually have a squad of 4 regulars, with a 5th rotating spot - Akbar, Asajj, Ewok Elder, Ahsoka, and Talia - depending on situation, whether I need buff/debuff or dps.
    Unfortunately, Akbar is awful in AI hands. I sometimes auto-play to see how AI handles him, and it will often blow his one useful skill - cleanse - on something trivial - after which it will blow the pass-turn ability, and Akbar becomes useless. So I'm conflicted, and I've gotten to the point where Sid's dots don't really scare me anymore, so Akbar is getting less mileage.
    Also, it's possible he is bugged ... his cleanse does not appear to remove the heal-block most of the time - while it removes pretty much everything else. I wonder why that happens, since friendly toons should not have resistance to a cleanse. I suppose it may be related to potency of the caster that placed the buff.

What's the cooldown on tactical? I don't get why Cantina can't put cooldowns on skills...
  • Eradicated wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »
    So the gears are turning in my head about the future of PvP with the new level 70 cap that is upcoming. HP's will increase, which will in turn increase heals. DPS will increase as will resistances, armor, dodge, potency and tenacity percentages. 10 more levels and 1-2 more gear upgrades a tank will actually be a tank. Potency and Tenacity are rarely spoken of on these forums but are extremely valuable percentages within the game. And they're about to increase...a lot.

So there is a good chance that the pvp meta could shift away from it's current state of either full blown aoe squads, 3 dps 2 healer, Counter attack/extra attack type teams that just try to burn the other team down quickly.... into a true RPG like classic form of tank/healer/DPS/buffer/cleanser. Using a tank in arena might not be so far fetched at level 70. I think people will shift from dps or healer heavy teams to a more balanced squad using buffers such as Poogle, cleansers such as Ackbar, debuffer and tank such as Poe and two of your strongest DPS in one team. Just a theory of course but I have some questions for people with high starred Ackbar & Poe...

What is Ackbars damage like? Is he a low hitpoint character? How well does his cleanse and heal work? How fast is his turn meter?

To the Poe users.....do you think Poe could be a viable tank at 70? What is his potency and tenacity at level 60 in epic tier? Does the expose stick reliably on at least 3/5 targets?

I would be very thankful for any feedback on these questions. I don't have Poe yet should in the next few days. I've had Ackbar for a while at level one so I am just now thinking of leveling him to 70.

I,m using only 4* Poe and Poggle with Lumi and jawas, and i'm everyday no 1 arena with all 60 lvl 7** toe pilots, leas and so on! My team manages every battle without any problem and that's all because of poe and poggle sinergise with all glass cannons very well! Poe is too good not to spend all cantina shards on him.

You made a good choice with those Jawas...higher level they seem to be excellent...aoe does hella damage.
  • About Ackbar.. I pulled him in my first chromium pack opened at the start of the game and he carried me to lev 45-50, then i benched him cause he is too "situational".
    Anyway i use him quite a lot in Galaxy war because he is great in players' hand against a team full of Sid vader etc.. He can heal for 9000 hp, cleaning all the dots and the heal immunity..
    The only minibug i have seen on him is about the debuff "offense down" he can't clean it, probably for a glitch in the code, because the "resisted" info doesn't appear.
    I have her at lev 60, gear 6 (3items to lev 7, for a total of 100 purple items!!) he has 6350 hp, 99 speed, and with his primary skill at lev 3 he does 800-1000 dmg, but he has the chanche of 55% to gain 30%turn meter..
    As said the real problems with him are 2:
    the debuff "offense down", he can clean all the other debuff for 9k heal
    the stupid AI that uses his 3 skill skipping his turn when not needed.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Thanks for everyones input and taking the time to write it. Was very informational. More so than I expected.
  • Be careful going for Ackbar for the cleanse. Seems to work well vs. DoT and grenades, but doesn't work well vs. heal block and I haven't found it reliable against Old Ben's Dirty Rice Mind Tricks and removing the damage down. And while him being slow to cleanse is good, he's pretty darned low health so he can be killed fairly easy before he gets to activate the cleanse.

Poe is all about tenacity. Check his unique - that's one of his specialties.

None of us can be sure - but looking at JC and TIE - who both can go to gear 8 right now, they gain little in way of potency / tenacity. JC doesn't gain either one of them and TIE gain just 3% tenacity. I don't have Boba, but I've seen his gear at 8 as well and I don't believe he gets and potency / tenacity on gear 8. Most of the gear 8 is just more STR/AGI/INT and physical damage or crit rate and possibly some health.
  • Be careful going for Ackbar for the cleanse. Seems to work well vs. DoT and grenades, but doesn't work well vs. heal block and I haven't found it reliable against Old Ben's Dirty Rice Mind Tricks and removing the damage down. And while him being slow to cleanse is good, he's pretty darned low health so he can be killed fairly easy before he gets to activate the cleanse.

None of us can be sure - but looking at JC and TIE - who both can go to gear 8 right now, they gain little in way of potency / tenacity. JC doesn't gain either one of them and TIE gain just 3% tenacity. I don't have Boba, but I've seen his gear at 8 as well and I don't believe he gets and potency / tenacity on gear 8. Most of the gear 8 is just more STR/AGI/INT and physical damage or crit rate and possibly some health.

Confirming what @JohnnySteelAlpha said. I have a 7* max gear boba in my rotation and all gear that becomes available after Lvl 60 is AGI, physical dmg, critical dmg, armor, and health. There is only one piece which adds 4 tenacity.
  • Noci wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »
    @shampoo Thank you so much man. That is awesome information. I'm really trying to think ahead to 70 and I want to try off the wall combinations but Im very limited in knowledge on so many unused characters including Ackbar. I def want to star him up now.

The problem is that it takes so long to get someone into fighting shape. Weeks/months. Couple this with the fact that we can't practice fights, and there's so much limited info out there.

Yeah, people are just getting to to point where they have some extra maxed out characters to play around with and the level cap is about to increase!

There won't be much time for experimenting different combos because you'll have to spend everything getting your top 5 up to level 70.

If the level cap stays there for maybe six months, then people might have time to fill out a decent range of characters.
  • With Poe having as much tenacity as he does I actually expect him to be more reliable than he appears to be on paper, which is pretty stinking good. The character I'm curious about in terms of tanking is actually ST Han, as he currently doesn't have enough health to truly tank even though he has a taunt.
  • It's a trap!
  • I think a training area would really help this game. I'm hoping the implement one bexause I'm tired of wasting items to find out my plan didn't work and then I have to find another character to level up.

Solid points and advice. Thank you. Removing heal immunity was really Ackbars strong point in my theory. Now I am torn on whether he would even fit into my squad. As said above a test server would be so beneficial to all of us as well as CG as they would have reliable testing for balance and bug issues.
  • WhipIT, did you see the other post regarding FULL character list? Since tou study hard and plan long term, that file list characters that even CG hasn't yet announced, and may help tou understand a larger picture than Poe, Poogle or Ackbar. There are so many chars and ships around the corner.
  • Kr4itok_ wrote: »
    Concerning Ackbar and cleanse, I *think* cleanse is bugged right now. I've been working on my Ewok Elder and his cleanse / heal only 1 of each type of debuff, so if there are multiple dots from sid or vader it only removes 1 not all as the tool tip states. With offense being what it is I'm actually looking for some decent buff cleanse vs debuff cleanse options though, as I'd guess that will actually add as much or more survivability.

I had a whole row of dots and stuns from a duku Vader Sid team. Ackbar cleared it all. Was nice seeing 6 dots and a stun removed all at once.

• Wifi
    36 posts Member
    Noci wrote: »
    Exactly, OP. We need to start thinking about how the future meta is going to look. That's why I've been leveling up my Poe (should be 6 star tomorrow or so) as well as Poggle. Poe/Poggle are already good characters, even in the current meta. I use Poe at 5* in my team and finish top 5 in my bracket, and judging by the times Arena tells me that I can't play because someone is fighting me, and my ranking subsequently stays the same, I am guessing he is doing good work on defense as well. I think in a month people will be wishing they had worked on leveling up a good taunt tank.

It's good to think outside of the box. Seems almost everyone else is running the same characters. Oh, another Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Dooku team?! Whatever will I do. So easy to beat because everyone has a ton of experience fighting these cookie cutter teams.

So everyone keeps talking about the current meta... What is the current meta? I can't seem to find agreement on say the top 2-3 squad builds anywhere?
  • Wifi wrote: »
    Noci wrote: »
    Exactly, OP. We need to start thinking about how the future meta is going to look. That's why I've been leveling up my Poe (should be 6 star tomorrow or so) as well as Poggle. Poe/Poggle are already good characters, even in the current meta. I use Poe at 5* in my team and finish top 5 in my bracket, and judging by the times Arena tells me that I can't play because someone is fighting me, and my ranking subsequently stays the same, I am guessing he is doing good work on defense as well. I think in a month people will be wishing they had worked on leveling up a good taunt tank.

It's good to think outside of the box. Seems almost everyone else is running the same characters. Oh, another Phasma/Lumi/Sid/Dooku team?! Whatever will I do. So easy to beat because everyone has a ton of experience fighting these cookie cutter teams.

So everyone keeps talking about the current meta... What is the current meta? I can't seem to find agreement on say the top 2-3 squad builds anywhere?

It's hard to nail down the best squads since it's always player vs. AI.

• Poe should be a necessity in every team, top 5 fastest character that will draw fire so your dps and others won't get killed first
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    I only find Poe a threat combined with something like fotp. The rest is cake. If dooku gets a stun off on Poe and it happens lots it's gg gigs up
  • You must have a low level Poe, a high geared/ability one has like 70% tenacity
  • I'm investing in grinding Lobot slowly in anticipation of a shift in the meta and migrating to a droid speed-killer team.
    Time will tell if it pays off.
    He has a cleanse/heal like Akbar with droid synergy like Poggle though Lobot confers speed/potency instead of raw offense. His basic also has a high % defense down leaving toons vulnerable to the high crit droids.
    Think I've only faced one Lobot and it was a while ago when I was around level 40 if memory serves but it might have been a bot team as there was no synergy at all.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »
    I only find Poe a threat combined with something like fotp. The rest is cake. If dooku gets a stun off on Poe and it happens lots it's gg gigs up

A dooku stun would be a temporary problem would it not? Even if it lands on Poes super high tenacity thats 1 less attack against the squishes so by attacking Poe first you're actually helping him do his job. I doubt you would burst down the squishies at that point before a healer popped a heal. So at start of next round Poe hits taunt slaps expose on a couple of your toons and the fireworks begin.

I think a better counter to Poe would be a Poogle AOE dps team with one slow hard hitting single target dps like FOTP or Luke to snipe Poe after the barrage of AOE. I dont know lol. Time will tell. I think Poe is going to be beastly at 7* tho.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Counter to Poe could be Asajj or Pho, who both can strip away the taunt.
    I am also curious concerning benefits of Lobot versus Akbar. I guess Akbar in Rebel synergy and Lobot in Droid synergy.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    WhipIT, did you see the other post regarding FULL character list? Since tou study hard and plan long term, that file list characters that even CG hasn't yet announced, and may help tou understand a larger picture than Poe, Poogle or Ackbar. There are so many chars and ships around the corner.

Thank you!
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lianara wrote: »
    I am also curious concerning benefits of Lobot versus Akbar. I guess Akbar in Rebel synergy and Lobot in Droid synergy.

Yes, that's about the difference, the synergy.

I've been trying a Lobot droid team in cantina battles and facing equivalent level enemies I have 1-2 of their toons eliminated before they even get a turn and the AoE of HK and 88 have seriously degraded the rest with numerous debuffs on them.

Windu also is a good counter to taunts but he needs a serious buff to his dmg.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Thundergod
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lianara wrote: »

Asaaj can easily die before she even gets a turn off if she's not the leader.