Barriss Offee Health Equalization + Healing Immunity?

Is Barriss supposed to be able to equalize health on a character, even if that character has healing immunity inflicted upon him? It is currently happening, although I don't think it should, as "healing immunity" should mean "this character cannot regain health."

Replies

• She has the weakest heal in the game. This is something that helps to make up for that.
  • Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    Barriss's heal is separated into two parts.
    1) Equalize the percentage of the entire group's health. (ie 100%, 100%, 100%, 100%, 20% -> 84% for all)
    2) Heal them for 2.5%-15% health.

Healing immunity stops the second part but not the first part since the first part isn't a heal, but rather is a health equalization. If the entire party is down health, Barriss's heal is very weak since the health restoration part is very small. However if just one target is low on health and the other members of the party are mostly healthy then the equalization is quite powerful. This is pretty much the only benefit to Barriss right now as her damage is pitiful and her other heal components are not that significant of an amount for most fights.
  • Working as intended and posted about in at least 20 distinct threads.
  • Working as intended and posted about in at least 20 distinct threads.

Congratulations. Want a cookie?
  • woodchuck
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    yes, it is working as intended.

but clearly, it is the most stu-pid healing mechanic devised of all time.

• woodchuck
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    and hence there will forever be more threads asking about it

• People that say Barriss' "heal" is "stu-pid" can't possibly be using her (or at least not the right way). She makes Sid and Rylo's heal immunity skill worthless if you just take them out first. There are teams where she doesn't provide as much benefit against but she can save someone's life when the opposition has only one of your guys in the red and it's her turn. She's my leader and wins against every player on my server except for one or two teams where I sub her out for more firepower.
  • Starworks wrote: »
    People that say Barriss' "heal" is "stu-pid" can't possibly be using her (or at least not the right way). She makes Sid and Rylo's heal immunity skill worthless if you just take them out first. There are teams where she doesn't provide as much benefit against but she can save someone's life when the opposition has only one of your guys in the red and it's her turn. She's my leader and wins against every player on my server except for one or two teams where I sub her out for more firepower.

wow you really jumped to that conclusion from my post? all by yourself?.. you must be a big boy now, but sorry to say she is on my team and I do use her. and duh, yes I know her heal circumvents the healing immunity.

all I am saying is that the healing mechanic is not obvious to ppl and hence repeated questions about the same thing, hence all the repeated threads ad infinitum.

thx fer comin' out.
  • Then why do you say it's a stupid mechanic. Because it's not the same as all the other cookie cutter heals? I think it's an interesting spin on health equalization. Nothing stupid about it unless you want every thing to be basic.
  • Vallik
    163 posts Member
    its literally the only thing she can do..

she does no dmg her regular heals that dont go thru immunity are about level 30 quality and she offers no utility whatsoever

let her have her equalization once every 5 rounds is a fair price to pay to fight a team with essentially 4 members

• Toons are immune to healing, not to equalization. Try it when she's the only survivor and she's immune to healing. You'll notice her health bar doesn't move, because there's noone else to equalize and she's immune to healing.
  • woodchuck
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Starworks wrote: »
    Then why do you say it's a stupid mechanic. Because it's not the same as all the other cookie cutter heals? I think it's an interesting spin on health equalization. Nothing stupid about it unless you want every thing to be basic.

lol.. because of all the confusion it is causing. this thread is proof of this!!

the general populace probably glanced over Barriss' short healing description, nevermind understanding the subtle mechanics of her skill. "Hey! What the eff? How come Barriss healed through the healing immunity like it wasn't even there??? What is going on??? This is a bug!!"

They might as well change the healing immunity to be called "Healing Immunity for all but Barriss".

Barriss' healing for all intents and purposes is a contrived design to maintain a rock-paper-scissor skill ecosystem. imo, a different, less confusing option would have been better.

What's next? an Equalization Immunity?