Do you agree with the Omega event rules?

Prev1
Nightlores
1608 posts Member
edited May 2016
"Please note that these events will be more difficult than they originally were and are tuned for a full party of level 78 characters". Please don't complain the event is too hard!

Do you agree with the Omega event rules? 170 votes

Yes, I have read the notes and won't complain
60%
rocknroll64TelaanMartin78Syth_HunterIvoB1987ioniancat21darksideXceptorbleeaauuhVampire_Xjeremyj26MarafettStarSonDhallMBL_66d3toxPsieffdashbenacrowMerkur0m 102 votes
Banana!
40%
NaecabonTagichatnclhscryhavok79kozakjanosWenHandelRobbathehuttMofojokers1992ZekexBaldoOwexBaillHorkenmeierDal_ZubaPlasmajInternetSwagskarroo11GeofRivToxiqueGiodude2000HershBathens 68 votes

Replies

• Banana!
    Watch out, your poll might get deleted by our outstanding moderators if they decide they don't like the results.
  • BradBread
    113 posts Member
    Why would people complain about getting a chance to do the Omega event when it was never intended to be out again until level 80?

And it doesn't matter if we agree or not. We all know that everyone able to will be doing it to get Omegas. This is less than a non-issue.
  • Are they restricted again?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Banana!
    How could you put Banana! as a poll option and not expect me to click it?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Banana!
    Apple for sure.
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    The previous Omega Event was a gift for all preparing us for Raids. Now there is a new, free Omega Event coming....working as originally intended. Your roster is not ready to clear the third stage? Well, grab free items in stage one and two. And be happy!
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Banana!
    Omega event is free stuff as much as I hate the majority of the things they do it is a give away. Don't see a reason to be angry or ungrateful for this.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Omega, symbolic for the end, given to us at the lvl cap. Makes sense that it's someting only available to top lvl players.
  • Banana!
    I'm allergic to bananas and I couldn't even resist.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Banana!
    I don't have a problem with a level 78 team difficulty, but does that mean the enemies are level 90 bosses and elites because that's where it makes no sense. Expecting to take on enemies 12 levels higher than your characters is dumb even moreso when the enemies are bosses and elites. That doesn't mean I won't win, just have to wait and see how it's tuned.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    I just hope it won't be restricted to specific characters.
  • Banana!
    Hmm
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Banana!
    the previous omega events were super easy. If you had the specific toons required that is.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Banana!
    Let's see it first.
    Previous was super easy, but limited to characters. I hope they will allow us to choose the team...
  • Banana!
    Banana definitely, I don't see how you could not go banana here
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Hmmm good point... I also hope there won't be character restrictions, else I will probably go BANANA!
    Mfw+i+get+banana+item+love+the+minions_842444_4005223.gif
  • Yes, I have read the notes and won't complain
    No need to speculate. Wait until it is released.
    Bye Forums.
  • Depends on whether or not they have the **** character restrictions still in place. Last time this event rolled around I think I was only able to do it 2 days as the rest I didn't have the proper characters for.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    If it's the same select groups of characters for each event, now needed to be highly geared and leveled, only the whales with every character maxed will be able to consistently clear them all this time. They're already on level 80 getting daily omegas so the rich get richer.

Don't really care though. For most toons omegas don't make a huge difference. Still have 5 left from last time.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Is there any info out there on which toons are usable in the events yet?
  • lunarwolf
    357 posts Member
    Banana!
    why lvl 78!!!

omega abilities are available at level 76. should be lvl 76 and not 78
    My only quibble is the level restriction. The minimum level should be the level where you can first equip them.

But I was going to have to wait until level 80 before this event so I can't really complain.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Banana!
    Time for a quick rant .......

Dear Devs, some of us have secondary accounts and some of us didn't start til late feb or March.

My mid March account wasn't level 70 for the first omega event and won't be level 78 for the second go around .... So no omega at all for that account and a bunch of others .. Can you please answer why?

This is ridiculous and will make many new comers want to quit.

Can you please remember that not all of your players are that far along
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Why would people quit about not being able to enter an event they won't be able to compete in? Same as last time, their will be tiers for each reward level?
  • Agree? I most certainly agree that bariss is the most gorgeous female I have ever laid eyes on! Amen to that!
  • WenHandel
    165 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Banana!
    It is an odd decision to run omega events again.

On one hand the omega events were the thing I enjoyed most in the game because I got to use different character combinations instead of my best ones. It was something different and the variety was fun.

But on the other hand the devs seemed to want to slow down game progression and this will give us all a load of omega mats to max our abilities. I was ok with grinding to level 80 and then getting one a day. It is slower but more of an achievement that way.

So it's banana for me.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Banana!
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Why would people quit about not being able to enter an event they won't be able to compete in? Same as last time, their will be tiers for each reward level?

@Hobnob Yes and last time if you weren't level 70 you couldn't compete for omega mats. And now they are saying that the omega mats will take level 78.

My primary account (which is 78) has plenty of omega mats and I've taken a couple skills to omega. Our secondary account. Which is now 73 couldn't get omega last time and won't get any this time. Second account is top 10 on mid March shard, team level was late 60's last time and won't be able to get a single omega mat til level 80 at this rate. Some of these omega skills are available at 73 but there is no way in the game to get these mats for second team

It's not about not being able to compete .... It's about not being able to get the rewards ... why are the skills available to improve at 73 for example, but the what you need to improve them isn't available til 78 .........

Edit: omegas may not unlock til 76 so might not be as bad a problem. Just frustrated that my second account feels like it will never get any skill to omega at this rate
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
    Don't you guys read with comprehension?

It says that the event will be tuned for a party of level 78 chars. It doesn't say you can't do it if you are level 76. It just says the difficulty is set there. Most of us can defeat LS or DS nodes that are tuned for far above our level. Good Grief.

Also, Omegas are for players in their late 70's-80. The difficulty should be at least in that range. Nobody level 60 should be able to just cruise through them.

Grind it and earn it. It's the way of real life. Not everything is just handed to you.
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    Banana!
    lunarwolf wrote: »
    why lvl 78!!!

omega abilities are available at level 76. should be lvl 76 and not 78

This!!

• Powda
    525 posts Member
    DieInFire wrote: »
    lunarwolf wrote: »