Direct to Inbox Messaging for Guilds

Here are a couple suggestions to help make the guild system better.

There needs to be some form of officer chat to make running and managing a guild more effective. Not everything needs to be said in front of all the members. As it is now for us, we've had to go out and get a 3rd party app, just to have leadership discussion's! Which leads me to believe there needs to be an in-guild message system so we can either send a message to an individual's inbox or the entire Guild, complete with a notification that it has been READ, NOT just received. Something as simple as a box next to their name that's empty until the message has been read, then put a check in it.

The guild I'm an officer in runs a rotating Raid Tier system so everyone's got a chance at the rewards, and contains Whales, dolphins, guppys, amoebas, & FtP. And no matter how hard we try to make it fair, someone always manages to F*!% everything up, and then starts crying, "nobody told me, why did I get kicked out? It wasn't in the chat, I didn't see it" And the main reason, we can't get the messages out to everyone! The log in the chat just isn't long enough, especially when 20, 30, 40 people are all trying to chat for advice/help/just to chat. Some people just refuse to join the chat. Some don't speak the language, or whatever their excuse is, you can see the need. Which leads me to the fact there is also a need for a translator, not that I've noticed it in my guild. Even though, I can tell several members are English 2nd language speakers.

Please, give us the ability to send messages to our guildie's Inbox's

Replies

• Options
    I second this
  • Options
    I third this. Heavily. I'm a guild leader, and these suggestions would greatly improve my guild management ability.
    Vodo Siosk Baas
    - Guild Leader of Dantooine Gentlemen's Club
  • Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Line app works wonders
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Options
    Would also add some sort of management tool for adding/allowing members to participate in raids. That way I could "select" low level players for the T1 raid and the uppers would not be able to participate. Should be possible to apply/repurpose the same selection code that is used to remove guild member.
  • Options
    +1 they desperately need to add a private message system.
  • Apollya
    99 posts Member
    Options
    +1 I'd love to see in game PM to people on your server or applicants to guilds too.

Recruiting at the moment is very hard unless your guild just accepts anyone, spams sending of guild invites or spams the forums with posts.

I'd love to see a better mechanism.