Barriss vs Luminara dilemma

Hi all Im Lv 42 been playing for a week...I have completed 2 GWs and have 25/50 shards for Luminara...however I just pulled Barriss from a Branzium! So happy with that! :smiley: So I was wondering if I should stop farming luminara and put the tokens into Phasma who is my leader in Arena ATM.

My team is

L41 Phasma 3* Gear 5
L41 Fives 4* Gear 5
L42 JC 2* Gear 5
L41 Talia 4* Gear 4
L41 Chewie 3* Gear 5

I just got luke so gear 2 lv 41 and have 65/80 shards for Sid...really confused what team to use now haha but its a nice dilemma to have :smiley:

Thanks all!

Replies

• 1. Don't stop farming Luminara. She rocks in so many venues.
    2. Use Barriss for GW! Gear her and level her abilities. Don't worry about stars unless you get lucky in packs.
    3. Enjoy an easier GW clear.
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks! Do you rate Lumi above Barriss then, and should I keep going with JC? Havent unlocked his cantina fight yet so have only been farming shards from hard battles
  • Lumi is better than Barriss in a pure heal stand point. Barris is the only "heal" that works through heal immunity debuff.

Where Lumi shines is her special and basic hit hard. Her special can actually one shot many heroes! So she doesn't create a damage deficit in your squad. She's also easily farmable to 7*

JC is the best pure healer (IMO) his heal after level 58 is very frequent and strong. His special hits hard but not as hard as Lumi. Due to the frequency of his heal he shines in GW but also holds a spot in many more defensively oriented arena teams.

If you move to a more aggressive team, Lumi is great because you really only need the one heal after the first round of specials and she can actually help kill targets in your first attack round. (Just struggles a bit against Sid, since she is Jedi)

I'd farm her and JC at least to 6*. Luke and Kylo also compete for his shards though so make your choices accordingly.
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Cheers for the info its really helpful! I will have to make a decision soon about who to go for in Cantina, Ren would go so well with my leader Phasma but I just unlocked Luke and my JC is so low ATM.

Thanks again!
  • Lumi is a great toon, hits hard and lead my team all the time, and my only healer most of the time if i dont have talia as well.
    i dont have barriss, but as long as you get her up, mine is 58 atm, she will look after you fine, i have no issues clearing gw daily with her running the team, strategic retreats and swapping of toons to heal them, towards the end with her or jc is a good tactic
  • Daprosy wrote: »
    Thanks! Do you rate Lumi above Barriss then, and should I keep going with JC? Havent unlocked his cantina fight yet so have only been farming shards from hard battles

I like all 3. GW gets much harder higher levels. I run Barriss lead with Lum on my starting line and have JC maxed out as another heal. He hits very good even at 5* gear 8. Use them all.

Lum hits hard, heals good. Barriss is the best GW leader though. Use her as lead.

I typically run as my starters

Barriss(lead)
    Lum
    Sid
    Vader
    Ventress or Ren depending on if taunter

Once I take out their speed I sub out Sid, Vader, Ventress or Kylo for my speed guys to snipe their non tanks. GW is attrition, strategy, and synergy.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Lumi is more powerful with her hit/heal. Barris has great leader ability, can heal any character through stuns/heal blocks, and can also heal when she attacks.
  • Wow cheers for all the replies! You guys are probably right I should train them all up and see what fits best for each team in GW. I dont really find arena that fun anyway so should stop focusing on it so much by making a strong 5 and neglecting everyone else.

Is Barriss good at just 4* for GW leader, even in late game?

Thanks!!!
  • I use a 4* Barriss with max gear in level 60 GW and she holds up. Just make sure to raise the abilities. She will hold out. I swap her out for JC from time to time when I need aggressive damage dealing but other than that she is the default.

She heals passively in little hits that add up to help keep your team ready for the next fight.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Daprosy wrote: »
    Wow cheers for all the replies! You guys are probably right I should train them all up and see what fits best for each team in GW. I dont really find arena that fun anyway so should stop focusing on it so much by making a strong 5 and neglecting everyone else.

Is Barriss good at just 4* for GW leader, even in late game?

Thanks!!!

For the GW... the most important thing you need to consider is diversity!

Essentially like the description says, the GW favors those with very extensive and developed rosters. As you encounter more and more diverse teams this becomes apparent... For example you will occasionnally come up against a Jedi Counter attacking team which will obliterate an AOE team, but suffer heavily to an anti Jedi team. Other times you will face an Sith heavy team which would cause Jedi huge problems but lose badly to a droid heavy team... it goes on and on...

As such every character, especially ones which have a leadership ability of any kind is going to be useful...

Barriss's and Luminara's leadership abilities are very similar... Some people will favor Luminara's over Barriss because it gives an increased chance to flat out avoid damage... but it's highly dependant on the RNG. Barriss gives a flat out health bonus which may help your light health characters... it all kinda depends on the situation...

Barriss always remains viable because she's the only character that can rescue a near death character with her heal... Thus it's not something you always use, but in a crunch... Hope that helps
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • No way, Barriss will save your butt situationally. Lumi will save it multiple times daily.
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    1. Don't stop farming Luminara. She rocks in so many venues.
    2. Use Barriss for GW! Gear her and level her abilities. Don't worry about stars unless you get lucky in packs.
    3. Enjoy an easier GW clear.
    +1

lumi is the best for arena (for ftp). barris for GW.

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Don't worry about maxing Barris. I'm level 60 but run her at level 58 with t6 gear and level 4 skills (except swift recovery, which is at 3 since it's utterly useless unless for some silly reason you run a Jedi team). That's plenty fine in GW. She's really quite terrible as a healer....B-Team at best. I only run her in GW for increased max health and the passive heal which works well to offset attrition.
  • Right cheers for the insight...cant wait to get lumi she sounds amazing! I think Barriss will get a buff soon as its ridiculous how little damage she puts out. In star wars clone wars she holds her own against anakin and beats Ahsoka with ease, not to mention all the people that splashed out for the heroine pack while she was OP.

Thanks again guys n gals