No one to blame but myself :(

Yendor
261 posts Member
edited January 2016
So I'm rank 3 tonight at 5:52 and have already beaten number 1 twice. I challenge number one and beat him fairly easily.

Now being the *smart* person that I am (read as sarcasm), I decide to wait out the last minute of the match before doing the killing blow to decrease the chance of being sniped.

So there I sit, clock ticking down, my four players sitting across from a red health Fett (I think you know where I'm going with this now).

10 seconds left I attack with the killing blow and win! Hold up, what's this? A res? No problem, I kill him again. Victory!!' But wait! There's more! Boba is back! 5 seconds left, I go to mash attack, but attack is t there! Get gets an attack and then I put him down for the final time. Clock stops at 1 second (what is this, an episode of Star Trek?) and I win!

Unfortunately, server side saw it a bit differently, and the match is a draw :(

It's 5:58, I pay 50 crystals, rechallenge and beat him again in 2 minutes but the victory comes in after the clock strikes 6 and I finish third

The sad part is, it would have been my first 1st place finish. Oh well, as the title says...
Post edited by Yendor on

Replies

• Options
    The price of greed and cockiness.
  • Options
    Why would you leave boba last? It would be stupid to leave boba or daka last if you're running the clock out.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    Man, that's rough. And you're right, knew where this was going when you mentioned Boba. Didn't stop me laughing, then feeling bad, then laughing a bit more.

Sad story, you're being a better sport about it than I would.
  • Options
    You had the timing right. When I'm first I use my last free battle at 5:50 and then start another immediately after at 5:55 using 50 crystals. Almost no chance to get the battle in on me. Glad we aren't on the same server or we'd be having a battle of minutes.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Starworks wrote: »
    You had the timing right. When I'm first I use my last free battle at 5:50 and then start another immediately after at 5:55 using 50 crystals. Almost no chance to get the battle in on me. Glad we aren't on the same server or we'd be having a battle of minutes.

this is the reason why pvp is a joke. it's not 100% the players' faults, but it is partly theirs. half of the issue is the way pvp is handled with the timers and lockouts. the second half is players utilizing or exploiting out of greed/cowardice or combination thereof (depends on which side of the fence you're on) this mechanism.

i don't particularly credit anyone with skill who can take rank 1 at payout time. i do credit them with shrewdness and greed, however.
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    reizse wrote: »
    Starworks wrote: »

this is the reason why pvp is a joke. it's not 100% the players' faults, but it is partly theirs. half of the issue is the way pvp is handled with the timers and lockouts. the second half is players utilizing or exploiting out of greed/cowardice or combination thereof (depends on which side of the fence you're on) this mechanism.

i don't particularly credit anyone with skill who can take rank 1 at payout time. i do credit them with shrewdness and greed, however.

for reference, i am becoming one of these types of players that i described/despise. unfortunately, my desire to progress overcomes my desire at any kind of fairness. i'll be glad once CG rolls out a fix for this loophole in the pvp system.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Yeah probably not best to play the waiting game with a character that cheats death. Lol especially boba he's notorious for popping back up
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Darkness wrote: »
    Yeah probably not best to play the waiting game with a character that cheats death. Lol especially boba he's notorious for popping back up

Very true. As to why he was last, it was just luck of the draw. I use quite a bit of AOE and the guys other players fell very easily leaving him last. Dems the breaks. I'm always top 10 (except 1 night a week ago a couldn't even get below 25, was very odd), often top 5, hoping to get my team to where I can hold #1, but given the current mechanics, that seems difficult at best.

In case anyone is curious, my team is level 60 and consists of:
    Sid 6* gear VII Leader
    JC 6* gear VIII
    Lumi 6* gear VII
    Boba 4* gear VII (does that count as irony? I'm not sure)
    Vader 4* gear VII

Boba is almost 4* and I'm working on Kylo Ren to replace JC to see what life is like running single healer.
  • Yendor
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't stop me laughing, then feeling bad, then laughing a bit more..

That's why I felt it was worth posting. Glad you enjoyed my pain :)

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, thanks for sharing that story! Tough break to be sure. But if he can survive a sarlacc, I guess it's not surprising that he can hold out against you a few seconds.

More importantly it's a nice reminder that for all our number crunching, min-maxing, and logical deduction we're all just human after all. :)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Who said boba survived the sarlacc or are you referring to EU ^^
    Btw fun but harsh to read!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Ouch.. At least you can laugh at it and move on.

The cool thing is that you know you can beat #1.
  • Options
    Ouch.. At least you can laugh at it and move on.

The cool thing is that you know you can beat #1.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Who said boba survived the sarlacc or are you referring to EU ^^
    Sorry, books after episode 6. Which I suppose now are defunct.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.