Is 2 healer overkill now?

I run a pretty strong aoe team being
Vader
Sid
Boba
Lim
Dakka
And I've been thinking that Kylo would be a nice addition to that team. He thing I have been thinking is I'd switch Kylo for dakka as I usually don't need the 2nd heal because lum is so good. Thoughts?

Replies

• How do these teams do against lobot?
  • More than 1 healer is a liability. I kill teams with more than one. Healers use turns to heal and get slaughtered. Ppl don't think of defense when using healers only offense. Healers work well in offense but not defense.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    It depends on your preference. I actually have a 3 healer team. I love the 1-2 punch of Lumi and JC with their abilities. I hardly ever need Barris to heal, but her ability to heal through stuns and when she strikes is a nice benefit that I am slow to give up.
  • I'm using 2, but I'm mostly f2p. That will change though, and JC will be going to my B team
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I am struggling to let go of my healers. As a mostly F2P (i have spent some but not for any real advantage or anything) i find even with a decent roster, my healers seem to massivly outclass others given that lumi an JC can churn damage as well.

Definatly agree they are a liability on defence. Bariss has to be my fav toon to see opponets use followed by any/all tanks then followed by other heals.
  • As a newbie, I'm currently in the situation of having too many healers. My top six on my roster are currently
    Barriss
    Sidious
    Luminara
    Jedi Consular
    Talia
    Chewie

I usually sit out Talia for now and go with 3 healers.
    It's great for GW as I win just about every time now. And Arena it does well too (only ranked 340 currently though). I realize I need to focus on some attackers now.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Don't think of Daka as a heal. She is control first, Heal second, and OMG her innate res procced!!!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    Don't think of Daka as a heal. She is control first, Heal second, and OMG her innate res procced!!!

Agreed and lol
  • Daka is a pain.... I ran into the unfortunate circumstances of facing a team with Daka, Leia, and Lando... All 5* or higher. If Leia wasn't broken, I probably would have focused Daka first even over Lando... Simply because at higher levels her main stuns 2 toons a very high percentage of the time
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Having lumi with daka has worked for me. When daka res someone they are usually 1 hit from death and lumi can fix that.
  • I find it more harmful then good I just faced a team with barriss,lumi, dooku, phasma, and Sid. I have a high dps team no healer and once I burst down heals clean up is easy. The second healer just cripples your dmg output.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Lokorian wrote: »
    I find it more harmful then good I just faced a team with barriss,lumi, dooku, phasma, and Sid. I have a high dps team no healer and once I burst down heals clean up is easy. The second healer just cripples your dmg output.

Bariss has no business being in that lineup. Jc+lumi both do good damage.
  • Agreguenme manurockstar
  • Time wrote: »
    I find it more harmful then good I just faced a team with barriss,lumi, dooku, phasma, and Sid. I have a high dps team no healer and once I burst down heals clean up is easy. The second healer just cripples your dmg output.

I am always curious about why teams are how they are and right now I think a lot are based off who they pull regardless of it makes a good team or not just because they strong but you can make a strong team with lower stars if you equipt them. Like sisters for example Talia the bow chick the sword chick and old Daka talia boosts night sisters. I personally run Savage as leader, Sid, Kylo, Maul, and dooku. I'm leveling up more people like my grand moff and phasma I just need to figure out what I wanna do.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Time wrote: »

I am always curious about why teams are how they are and right now I think a lot are based off who they pull regardless of it makes a good team or not just because they strong but you can make a strong team with lower stars if you equipt them. Like sisters for example Talia the bow chick the sword chick and old Daka talia boosts night sisters. I personally run Savage as leader, Sid, Kylo, Maul, and dooku. I'm leveling up more people like my grand moff and phasma I just need to figure out what I wanna do.

What rank does this get you? And how much of a damage mitigation is the savage leader skill?
  • I run 3 healers, but that will drop to two. All lvl 59.

Phasma leader 5*
    Sid 6*
    Jc 5*
    Lumi 5*
    Talia 4*

Talia will get the boot once in get ren geared up tomorrow. The above team gets me between 10 and mid 30's in arena every day with no energy refreshes. Right around 19k power lvl. I find having that third heal is really not that needed. Being able to keep focused toons alive through the first 2 rounds really gives me a nice advantage. I'll heal with jc twice some matches since he has such a quick cool down.
  • 2 healers really come into play in the top 30 ranks
  • I run Lumi and JC both lev 60, 6* (almost 7), full geared and i stay in 50-20 rank of my server. As a total freetoplayer i can't imagine a way to stay where i am ,without one of them..
  • Exactly, that second heal is vital.
    I run 7* lum and 7* daka. I was almost about to drop daka as I wasn't using the second heal around 100-200 in rankings. Once I got down to 20-10 and started facing squads with 7* poggle and high dps you really really need those 2 heals, it is not possible without them
  • Plus daka is incredibly fast for (the oldest of all the night sisters) and I she stuns poggle before he can use his ability it's game over for the other team. And on her speed old daka is an old woman who never moves in the tv show and is killed in like 2 seconds. Ventless (also a night sister and arguably the best there is) is a trained sith assisin and is the slowest in the game. Personally I think it's funny but ventress would be op with more speed
  • Great question! I think f2p teams need two healers. Heavily invested teams..not so much. I still run 2 healers when Im fighting a phasma lead team. But drop to one against any other comp and I do ok.
  • Tak wrote: »
    Time wrote: »

What rank does this get you? And how much of a damage mitigation is the savage leader skill?

I haven't played much pvp but I'm currently at 701, I'm thinking of trying Sid as lead but right now savage gives me an edge, my Maul gets focused bad and usually does first but savage is a closer too his power atk crits over 2k usually when someone in yellow he will kill with crit giving him a 2x crit buff next couple turns
  • Raves
    56 posts Member
    I think 2 heals is dependent on the team comp and which heals you are talking about. When you are talking about Lumi, she's almost a pure attacker with a heal as a nice extra ability, JC is similar. Barriss is on the full heal train and is really only good as a leader in a 3 heal 2 tank team meant to stall out the high DPS/AOE teams as defense.

I currently run Phasma(L), Lumi, JC, Leia, and Kylo. Soon it'll be swapping out Kylo for QGJ until Kylo gets more stars, and likely JC for TFP as if QGJ calls either Leia or TFP it's game over for one of their toons, same if Phasma calls one. I'm just wanting to see a QGJ assist get TFP/Leia and then Phasma ability proc on TFP/Leia, not sure if any toon can live through that sequense.
  • Anywhere but arena, I very much like 2 healers, even if it just a Lumi/Ahsoka combo. In arena though...it really depends on the flavor of the day. If I see a bunch of Kylo/Sid teams, maybe want to focus on damage more than trying to heal through ability block. f there are a bunch of Daka's (like my server atm) then I want those heals to let me remain healthy while I try to win a war of attrition.

You have to look at your server and decide. How are other players rolling? Is the extra heal helping you or are you holding it in reserve when other skills (other toons) would offer an easier win?

OFC, I'm still a newbie 56 and don't have a lot of high star characters yet. The P2W players kick by behind with ease.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Raves wrote: »
    I think 2 heals is dependent on the team comp and which heals you are talking about. When you are talking about Lumi, she's almost a pure attacker with a heal as a nice extra ability, JC is similar. Barriss is on the full heal train and is really only good as a leader in a 3 heal 2 tank team meant to stall out the high DPS/AOE teams as defense.

I currently run Phasma(L), Lumi, JC, Leia, and Kylo. Soon it'll be swapping out Kylo for QGJ until Kylo gets more stars, and likely JC for TFP as if QGJ calls either Leia or TFP it's game over for one of their toons, same if Phasma calls one. I'm just wanting to see a QGJ assist get TFP/Leia and then Phasma ability proc on TFP/Leia, not sure if any toon can live through that sequense.

Does sound like a devestating little combo.
  • I'm using JC (need credits to promote to 6*), Luminara (6*) and Daka (5*) with Sideous (6*) and Kylo (5*) all level 60. Finished 1st today.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • healers are critical for gw and ls/ds. in pvp you can get away without healers if youve got good synergy and damage output. im working on a pvp team of phasma, dooku, kylo, sid, ventress. heal block, stuns, counters, and turn meter manipulation, should work well
  • I don't think 2 healers is overkill. Having Luminara and Daka in your squad can give you a big boost of survivability, and neither of them are just pure healers. The stuns, revives, ability block, etc. is nice utility from those two.

Then again, I AM getting passed up nowadays in the arena. I'm struggling to stay between 50 and 100 anymore, so maybe my opinions need to be revised.