Drop Rate Comparisons Between Cantina Nodes. (10, 12, 16) 9600 Cantina Energy Spent

InternetSwag
2658 posts Member
edited May 2016
Some of you may remember a previous thread of mine where I tracked JC's drop rates.
Well I have some data here for ya'll to look at. I'll update this as I spend more energy, but the node I'll be focusing on solely now is RG's node as I finish him off to 7*.
y8hI1Zk.png
b2wcjJe.png

RG
fvJLEQ3.png
Bariss
7haXhtR.png
JC
  • You'll note RG's drop rate seems a little low, and it does, but it's not unseen for drop rates to spike like that. Usually by 100 attempts it has evened out to around 33%, strange that his hasn't yet by 106 - but not impossible. I'll keep tracking it and if it's still sub 30% by around 200 attempts, then we can start raising eyebrows. (Update: He's well over 30% now).
  • Other information you might find useful is the high drop rates of ability mats per 16 energy node. This is very welcome.
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
Post edited by InternetSwag on

Replies

• I like this data. This is good data. Interesting to see higher rates on ability mats.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    One of the devs on reddit tried telling us the ability materials % didn't change between levels based on energy spent. We always pretty much knew it did based on data and results. It's well tracked sources like these that confirm the truth even more!
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Wow, so mk3 drop rates double per energy....that's good to know.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Viperish
    176 posts Member
    Your drop rate far exceeds mine for the Consular. Only tracking shard drops.

Jedi Consular 3A
    52/211

Mace
    188/539
  • Viperish wrote: »
    Your drop rate far exceeds mine for the Consular. Only tracking shard drops.

Jedi Consular 3A
    52/211

Mace
    188/539

Well the original JC thread is about 2 months old. So if you think somethings wonky, maybe they broke something in the last few months with patches etc.
    Or it could just be bad RNG. No way to know for sure.
  • Naecabon wrote: »
    One of the devs on reddit tried telling us the ability materials % didn't change between levels based on energy spent. We always pretty much knew it did based on data and results. It's well tracked sources like these that confirm the truth even more!

That's crazy, I wonder if that dev even played the game.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Naecabon wrote: »

Have you seen the EA presentation?
    They test with this:
    CaRPBTW.jpg
  • B00MSTICK
    107 posts Member
    Nice charts. What do you figure roughly your ratio of Accumulated energy vs. Refresh energy was?
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    ****. I want that 7 star vader
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    The credit payouts per energy are also significantly higher
  • Looks like the shard drop rates are fairly consistent across all levels (and that you just had a bad run on RG), but the drop rates on mats seem to scale quite a bit better than the energy cost. I'm still farming Bariss, but once I'm done, that might actually make Cantina 7 worth it for something more than farming RG. Frankly, I've mostly been avoiding it until some time after lvl 80, when I can get together a squad to just lay waste to it. Since they didn't up the Cantina Creds per energy spent ratio with the cost bump to 16 like they did with the bumps to 10 and 12, and my secondary reason for farming Cantina (after shards) is Cantina Creds (for more shards), it's just not worth it yet.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    620 + 96 energy on hard nodes energy in 2 days got me 6 royal guard shards I don't think its bad luck.
  • djvita wrote: »
    Naecabon wrote: »

They test with this:
    CaRPBTW.jpg

I know they said they wouldn't do an increase to 8* toons but... the first thing I did when I first saw that picture was immediately look for any signs of 8*. I was so relieved that I was just being super paranoid haha.
  • Eric11
    33 posts Member
    You'll note RG's drop rate seems a little low, and it does, but it's not unseen for drop rates to spike like that. Usually by 100 attempts it has evened out to around 33%, strange that his hasn't yet by 106 - but not impossible. I'll keep tracking it and if it's still sub 30% by around 200 attempts, then we can start raising eyebrows.

Binomial calculator says you have a 17.78% chance of being <=30% at 200 attempts.

http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    I'm farming chief Chirpa atm, thought I would never say it but the droprate seems far below 30%. Last 5 days on refresh (double refill cantina) I got 5 shards.
    Same for RG before that, that's why I switched to Chirpa but the result is pretty much the same.

The higher the cantina nodes, the lower the chance it seems. You do get more MK3 but I don't do cantina for MK3 :P
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I love the data. Still right on track for the 1/3 drop rate:

I suspect the 6 star drop rate for mats normalizes to 10 and the 7 star to 15.
  • We've broken the 30% mark :)
    Guess bad RNG will be bad RNG, but it balances out eventually so no need to get worried/mad etc.
    WSeAqv7.png
  • johndoe82
    148 posts Member
    Thank you for this. I've been looking for data like this. Do you happen to know, if something similar exists comparing the drop rates for gear pieces from different level LS/DS nodes? I've been wondering if they somehow increase with the difficulty. Judging from the drop rates you post for ability mats, there is hope that gear would behave the same way.
  • Well this is the final screenshot, because I got 2 RG bronzium full unlocks so he's at 7* now.
    b2wcjJe.png

johndoe82 wrote: »
    Thank you for this. I've been looking for data like this. Do you happen to know, if something similar exists comparing the drop rates for gear pieces from different level LS/DS nodes? I've been wondering if they somehow increase with the difficulty. Judging from the drop rates you post for ability mats, there is hope that gear would behave the same way.

There was a thread on here somewhere, but that person only spent 1000 Normal Mode Energy and on one node for 1 purple gear item.
    Came up with a 20% drop rate on purples.
  • +1. Thanks for the data OP.
  • For Lando in Cantina, I'm currently at 94 shards for 1,566 attempts. That's 6%, correct? For daka in 4-b, I'm 25 out of 336 attempts, that's 7%. Please correct my math if I'm wrong.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    johndoe82 wrote: »

I have a bunch of numbers over a variety of gear types.

Some things of notes. Drop rate is 20% for purple regardless of where it is farmed

Hard nodes have a 20% chance for each purple item to drop. So odds of getting a eithe puple to drop is 36%

The amount of energy spent does not affect drop rate.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Wow - your Ability mat drop rates are far higher than my data! This is really surprising. The ability mat Mk 3, in 356 tracked results of 12 energy nodes, on my end, has yielded 30 drops, or 8.4%.

Can anyone else weigh in on their Mk 3 ability mat drops? I'm curious how skewed my results, or OP's results could possibly be.
  • djvita wrote: »

They test with this:
    CaRPBTW.jpg

Dude...it's beautiful
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • How about Genosian Soldier? I've really been struggling to farm him recently. Haven't been keeping great notes but the last few days, I've spent 200 cantina energy on him 3 times each and netted only 15 shards total. I'm actually farming RG more effectively in light/dark battles alone. How is this bad RNG?
  • johndoe82
    148 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Some things of notes. Drop rate is 20% for purple regardless of where it is farmed

Hard nodes have a 20% chance for each purple item to drop. So odds of getting a eithe puple to drop is 36%

The amount of energy spent does not affect drop rate.

Alright, this is what I was fearing. So I'll keep going for the cheapest normal node to farm my purple gear. Was hoping to boost it a bit by unlocking the higher nodes ....

I need 10 more syringes to g8 my Rey and was hoping to get it done by tonight when i finally hit 66. If your numbers are correct, it should cost about 500 energy (5 tries per gear * 10 energy per try). This sounds possible. Let's see...
  • johndoe82
    148 posts Member
    How about Genosian Soldier? I've really been struggling to farm him recently. Haven't been keeping great notes but the last few days, I've spent 200 cantina energy on him 3 times each and netted only 15 shards total. I'm actually farming RG more effectively in light/dark battles alone. How is this bad RNG?

I am currently farming him to 7*. I spent 472 energy yesterday (guild activity was a great way to keep track) which are 59 attempts and got 17 shards. So it's a bit below 33%, but still in the right ball park...

RG I am having no luck lately from hard nodes. Went 0/6, three days in a row. But it'll be a while until I unlock his cantina node... Luckily, I got him several times in bronzium. 4 times so far...