Droid Team with Poe

I was thinking of putting together a Droid based team with HK as leader. The team would look like this:

HK-47 (Leader)
IG-86
IG-88
Poggle
Poe

I was lucky enough to pull Poggle from Bronzium. I believe synergy is great with this team. Poggle grants everyone offense up and the Droids speed up as well. With HK as lead, the Droids are getting extra crit, and turn meter on critical hits. The reason I throw Poe in as the fifth is because he is the fastest character with a taunt after he is geared up. If he can taunt before the IG-86 and IG-88 are slaughtered, they can deal some heavy damage with Poggles buff. Also, Poes taunt exposes the enemy team. IG-88 gains damage from every enemy that is debuffed. With that and Poggle buff, his AOE can be absolutely devastating. The obvious downside to this is no healer. But if you can slaughter the enemy team fast, this wouldn't be an issue. Also, if Dooku can stun Poe before he taunts, this can severely hinder the offense and defense of the team.

What are everyone's thoughts and opinions?

Thanks

Replies

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    I like this team. To top it all off its farmable to an extent for f2p but hk and IG-88 both occupy arena same with poggle and 86.

Good long term project that I'm going to be working towards as well most likely one day
  • Dempsey wrote: »
    I was thinking of putting together a Droid based team with HK as leader. The team would look like this:

HK-47 (Leader)
    IG-86
    IG-88
    Poggle
    Poe

I was lucky enough to pull Poggle from Bronzium. I believe synergy is great with this team. Poggle grants everyone offense up and the Droids speed up as well. With HK as lead, the Droids are getting extra crit, and turn meter on critical hits. The reason I throw Poe in as the fifth is because he is the fastest character with a taunt after he is geared up. If he can taunt before the IG-86 and IG-88 are slaughtered, they can deal some heavy damage with Poggles buff. Also, Poes taunt exposes the enemy team. IG-88 gains damage from every enemy that is debuffed. With that and Poggle buff, his AOE can be absolutely devastating. The obvious downside to this is no healer. But if you can slaughter the enemy team fast, this wouldn't be an issue. Also, if Dooku can stun Poe before he taunts, this can severely hinder the offense and defense of the team.

Thanks

I'm using this team right now. It's almost unfair to the competition lol.

I also want to try phasma instead of Poggle
    So you have HK 88 86 Poe phasma

• Yeah, everything being farmable is a huge plus for many! I would suggest going for 86 and 88 first since they are going to be your heavy hitters.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Dempsey wrote: »

HK-47 (Leader)
    IG-86
    IG-88
    Poggle
    Poe

Thanks

How well does this do? Top 10 capable?
  • Metschina123
    361 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Tak wrote: »
    Dempsey wrote: »

HK-47 (Leader)
    IG-86
    IG-88
    Poggle
    Poe

Thanks

How well does this do? Top 10 capable?

First place 5 times a week in a fairly good server. Top 200 are mostly level 60.

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Such a long grind to start this team. I really like the synergy though.

For now I think I got to keep grinding up kylo and phasma otherwise I'll fall behind. After that I want to start on droids
  • Droid team good for attack but normal for defense in arena.
  • Tak wrote: »
    Such a long grind to start this team. I really like the synergy though.

For now I think I got to keep grinding up kylo and phasma otherwise I'll fall behind. After that I want to start on droids

I bought the droid pack, so it didn't take me too long

It's only 20$ if I remember correctly

• AluvisZ wrote: »
    Droid team good for attack but normal for defense in arena.

You're right. It's a shame AI really sucks

• The droid team has great synergy. You can consistently beat Sid led team that has 5k more power than you. It's probably the most efficient ( cheapest ) way to finish top 20 in PVP mode in an average server.
  • Poe provides not only the AoE Expose but also removes 20% turn meter from each enemy the moment he taunts. With 138 speed this is actually a pretty huge point. Alongside Poggle's speed buff for driods at 136 speed this can sometimes ensure that your whole squad moves before the enemy.
    Definitely one of the better squads out there.
  • Darivon wrote: »
    Poe provides not only the AoE Expose but also removes 20% turn meter from each enemy the moment he taunts. With 138 speed this is actually a pretty huge point. Alongside Poggle's speed buff for driods at 136 speed this can sometimes ensure that your whole squad moves before the enemy.
    Definitely one of the better squads out there.

I played a PVP match today, I killed my opponent without a scratch on my droids lol

• Hehe yeah as soon as people start realizing how good Poe is he might be all over the place. Just like Chewie was in the lower levels.
    Depending on how the new cap, gear, toons and stuff are going to affect the game Poe might become the King of PvP.
  • There's no doubt in my mind he is a must have ATM
  • Only time I wish I had iOS. He looked really good on paper the first time I read his abilities. Is he usable at 4*?
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Does a set up like this has any weakness? How's the damage of Poe
  • At 4* he feels wonky at best. Doesn't see the end of the 2nd round very often but the AoE expose and the controll of the fight you get from him using his Taunt at that speed is huge. You can just start to one shot them one by one with stuff like Lumi's Nuke.
    Furthermore i start to notice that toons like IG-88, Sid etc etc tend to NOT use their AoE when taunted. All of them just keep attacking Poe with their basics till he is down and start THEN using their AoEs. Needs more testing tho.
    Poe's damage is okay, nothing fancy. He's not in the squad for his direct damage. The "Offense Down" debuff on the other hand is rather nice.
  • the trick is poe+offense down characters
  • Thundergod wrote: »
    Only time I wish I had iOS. He looked really good on paper the first time I read his abilities. Is he usable at 4*?

Totally usable, just make sure you max out his gear and taunt and passive

And of course the more star the better, but he is already a beast at 4*
  • xJazzx wrote: »
    Does a set up like this has any weakness? How's the damage of Poe

Right now the only weakness is if your opponent is also using Poe. Poe doesn't do damage. He does 3 things.
    1 speeds up your heavy hitters
    2 exposes enemies
    3 protects your glass canons
    The people who don't like Poe are misusing his best tools

• That should be a solid team. I'm currently rank 2 and float around in top 10 with hk47, ig88, ig86, poe, and lumi. I haven't unlocked poggle yet, but he will be tested as a replacement for lumi once I do. Anyway, I completely agree with all the praise for Poe. he's a beast even at 4*. My only complaint with him is that he's gonna be a slow grind to 7*
  • Thundergod wrote: »
    Only time I wish I had iOS. He looked really good on paper the first time I read his abilities. Is he usable at 4*?

Totally usable, just make sure you max out his gear and taunt and passive

And of course the more star the better, but he is already a beast at 4*

Thanks, he should be able to fulfill his purpose for me at 4* then.
  • Sounds like the way to go, I'm in the mix of building something similar.
    Without spending $ though it's a slow process, I'm still finishing top 200 with my 3* 4* side I'm yet to get poggle , my duku holding his place
    what's your thoughts with poggle as leader and his offense up buff?
  • Personally, I like hk-47s leadership quite a bit. Crit chance + turn reduction means that both ig88 and hk47 tend to get a free turn from their AoE. However, I haven't yet unlocked poggle. So, someone who has unlocked both might have a more definitive answer.
  • Gost,

I use Poggle in my main team currently. I am lower power than mostly everyone I play against and I finish around number 20 or so most days (I haven't really attempted to go for #1). His offense up buff makes everyone do 50% more damage for three turns, it's incredible.
  • Leaky
    29 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »
    I like this team. To top it all off its farmable to an extent for f2p but hk and IG-88 both occupy arena same with poggle and 86.

Good long term project that I'm going to be working towards as well most likely one day

IG-86 can be farmed in cantina battles so that helps.

• Dempsey wrote: »
    Gost,

I use Poggle in my main team currently. I am lower power than mostly everyone I play against and I finish around number 20 or so most days (I haven't really attempted to go for #1). His offense up buff makes everyone do 50% more damage for three turns, it's incredible.

Try using HK as leader you might finish at top five