Rancor zero strategy

Alexone
3646 posts Member
By making Rancor dispel first and then do his slam, you've taken away an important part of the strategy required against him. Now nobody will do part 4 anymore. What is the meaning of this?

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How will no one do part 4? Are you going to hold out for part 5?
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    This couldn't be more wrong.

It just means your strategy doesn't work.

Find a new strategy.
    Different characters altogether probably.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    So how many days has your raid been stuck at phase 4?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    DJJ wrote: »

In phase 4, i am doing 1/2 the damage i do in phase 1. Nobody has been stuck at anything.
  • Options
    The Rancor's rage during phase 4 is unquestionable. And you expect to do the same damage as you did against the pigs?
  • Options
    I actually do the same damage in phase 4 since there is no devour. Think you need to develop some alternate strategies.
  • Options
    Just 7 star the ewoks and you win every time.
  • Options
    Bring Savage. Rancor takes two turns, right? First, Rancor slams. Savage gets his buff. The Rancor bellows to dispell Savage's buff. Works every time.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

In phase 4, i am doing 1/2 the damage i do in phase 1. Nobody has been stuck at anything.

Ah. You said nobody will do it so I thought you were stuck. My bad.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Ah. You said nobody will do it so I thought you were stuck. My bad.

Yea. Currently everybody is waiting for phase 1 to pass so they could get into phases 2 and 3. That's where the damage seems to be. Is anybody waiting for phase 4? :)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    He only dispells if there is something to dispel (at least that is my experience). So don't blow all your buffs before he dispells... Usually I will use a taunt before I poggle.
  • Options
    Lauwanhoi wrote: »
    The Rancor's rage during phase 4 is unquestionable. And you expect to do the same damage as you did against the pigs?

Idk why but this mad me laugh so hard lol
  • DaKraken
    121 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This comment has been removed for violation of Terms of Service/http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This comment has been removed for violation of Terms of Service/http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service Couldn't have put it better myself.

Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    By making Rancor dispel first and then do his slam, you've taken away an important part of the strategy required against him. Now nobody will do part 4 anymore. What is the meaning of this?

It means he got hard for once and you'd probably deal the same damage if phase 2/3 didn't have a door. Just let the beast have a last stand as hundreds of toons try to force him out of his house.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Options
    I tried once to wait for certain phases to max damage, then after a raid the person right under me in DMG got a full Droid Caller I didn't get much, so I would have been better off doing less DMG in theory.

People shouldn't wait to do their DMG, who know sometimes doing less will get you more! Inform your guild!

O
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Dooku_for_days @DaKraken You two have a Poe/Finn relationship together? Trolls go under your bridge!