Debuffs getting resisted in tier 6 raid makes most toons useless

Prev1
warmonkey
1314 posts Member
Anyone else find that since debuffing powers vs the rancor and piggies rarely ever proc that those toons are literally worthless?

Only dps characters are useful and it really is making the raids a lot less fun and interesting than they should be. Even toons that give buffs aren't that useful for anything besides having something up for when rancor roars.

Basically I just want teebo to not have to waste a turn to get into stealth and then not remove TM 99 out of 100 times. I am finding it to be really not fun when teebo gets resisted then qgj's TM basic gets resisted, then teebo get resisted again etc, etc. Repetitive resists is not fun and takes away from what could add a lot more strategy and usefulness to your teams

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Most definitely agree and noticed this right away. Utility characters who's main power comes from buffs and debuffs are void in the higher raids, its all about dps characters.
  • Options
    Just curious because I experienced this too: what level are your characters?
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    Options
    All about high gear, high potency.......n the biggest evil of all...RNG.....don't rush tour attacks. ...retreat until rng goes your way....t6 is a big jump from t5....those piggies n rancor will resist alot....but I've seen it done...some luck n high geared toons
  • Options
    I do also suspect that the level differential affects potency/tenacity. I've noticed that when I play against toons that are a lower level than mine, i place debuffs more often than against toons that are higher level. I havent reached lvl 80 yet, but when I do and I level my toons, i would be interested to see if they apply their debuffs more regularly against the tier 6 rancor.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Try 3 times if TM removal gets resisted, 2/3 times retreat and try again.

I wish more they would fix his leader ability that keeps taking him out of stealth a turn early.
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The ewok master^^^(whisper)
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    T6 it all still works and ewoks and old Ben Rancor teams work well.

T7 it's all about pure DPS
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Certain things have to be insanely hard to stick... Imagine the rancor being stuck in a whirlwind of TM reduction? Or stuns, which is TM on steroids
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    I guess they designed tier 6 to cater more towards the people with gear 9 and 10 so like in a few months when yoy progress it wont be as hard
  • Tuln
    48 posts Member
    Options
    The raid lists that it is intended for 6* Gear 8 level 80s. If you go into that with toons at that gear and star level you won't land any debuffs and most of your attackers will get 2 shot if anything crits it. They should really lower the tenacity and damage on the raid mobs for this tier. It's too high for the intended characters.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I have also noticed, might be that confirmation bias, that after you drop the door and he recovers he tends to be more resistive for a bit.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Early everquest raid bosses used to resist everything. Really made the raid experience average and not as fun as it could be. Later progression into the game, they eased bosses resistance, making it so that debuffs are necessary to defeat the boss. Slows, resistance debuffs, cripple - all kinds of fun debuffs required to be successful. This made a lot more classes useful to the raid and increased the fun as well. I would like to see that here, too.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I have also noticed, might be that confirmation bias, that after you drop the door and he recovers he tends to be more resistive for a bit.

Dropping the door lowers his tenacity I think.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't mean while door is dropped. I mean once he recovers from it and door is back up he seems to resist more for a couple attacks
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Dropping the door lowers his tenacity I think.

Except that I can never seem to land tm down while toppled. Anyone else notice this?
  • Options
    They never publicly stated that this is the case, but if you bring up the details on the debuff symbol over the rancor's head, it will say that tm reduction will not work. The only thing you can do is slow.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I have never seen TM reduction work with door dropped.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Are these all lvl 80 characters?, with omega mats slotted?
    Tier 6 resists a lot more than tier 5. Now that my characters are closer to 80 the proc lands more often, if they don't at the start, reset, try again for the first few procs.

I had a few characters that were very effective at tier 5, but once we hit tier 6 became 1/2 as effective, but as i've lvled them and added some more gear they are becoming more effective at tier 6.

O
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Just curious because I experienced this too: what level are your characters?

My teebo is 7* lev 79, g9.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I also have a level 79 qgj g10 7* and he also gets resisted I would say about 97% of the time on his omegaed basic.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Retreat and try again. It is all rng and simply retreating and going in again can make a huge difference.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Poe's offense down is very reliable.
    {RotE}
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Retreat and try again. It is all rng and simply retreating and going in again can make a huge difference.

Lol. I just spent all morning doing this. Defiantly more than ten retreats. The amount of times I didn't get any TM reduction from teebo was insane. I even had him at leader for most of those tries so he would be able to get at least 5 or more tries at removing TM per match
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    @warmonkey there is no reason any player level 70 or above shouldn't be on a guild clearing heroic... Payout so much better... Han solo. You need 5 whales and the rest ftp as long as everyone has two squads of seven stars...
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

Lol. I just spent all morning doing this. Defiantly more than ten retreats. The amount of times I didn't get any TM reduction from teebo was insane. I even had him at leader for most of those tries so he would be able to get at least 5 or more tries at removing TM per match

Alright that is crazy. Normally it is one or two retreats and it is good.
    It will still get reisisted but that is why I use 2/3 rule. first 2 of 3 resisted retry.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options

Alright that is crazy. Normally it is one or two retreats and it is good.
    It will still get reisisted but that is why I use 2/3 rule. first 2 of 3 resisted retry.

That's exactly my strategy too and it's why I retreated so much. Previous raids teebo would work maybe 40% of the time, which I was totally cool with, but this raid I was lucky to get 1 TM reduction in a match.

And I mean 1 reduction using both teebo and qgj together, along with extra chances using chirpa's tribal unity with both teebo and qgj attacking at the same time, and teebo being called in on assist attacks when I used phasma lead or used GS and qgj specials. Madness I tell ya!
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options

T6 doesn't work for toons with awful potency (Fives for exampl).
    I also have a level 79 qgj g10 7* and he also gets resisted I would say about 97% of the time on his omegaed basic.

I rarely see QGJ's TM reduction be resisted (he has good potency). However, it has a large chance not to take effect. And, I rarely see TM reduction while the Rancor is stunned by the door (not sure if that is part of the mechanics).

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

T6 doesn't work for toons with awful potency (Fives for exampl).

I rarely see QGJ's TM reduction be resisted (he has good potency). However, it has a large chance not to take effect. And, I rarely see TM reduction while the Rancor is stunned by the door (not sure if that is part of the mechanics).

Ya rancor can not have his TM removed during door stun. Can be slowed though.
  • Options
    T6 honestly isnt that bad. T7? Now thats a joke, everything is resisted.
  • Options
    But on T5 QGJ TM reduction basic works on a toppled Rancor, i've seen it happened a couple of raids now.. Main reason why i bring Phasma in as lead but the hit feast doesn't last that much Rancors TM is blazing to get revenge on you (but i want it down for like an hour lol)