Improving Member Raid Participation

There seems to be a serious issue regarding raids and members not even getting a chance to participate in even one battle (out of 5 possible) before the raid is finished. With many guilds spanning numerous global timezones, and with members work/school/personal schedules all over the map (essentially 24 hours a day), it is 100% guaranteed that many members will be unable to participate in some raids throughout the guild's weekly raid schedule. It is simply a mismatch in start time compared to each member's individual schedule.

Since members contribute to the weekly coin contribution that is used to launch raids, there should be a system available to help improve their likelihood of being able to participate in the guild's raids. I have a proposal for consideration:

A timer for each section of the raid could be set by the raid starter, if desired. Let me give an example:
Everything is relative to the exact time the raid was launched by the leader/officer.

In the raid setup, I place the following timers:
***** Section 2 timer = 3 hours
***** Section 3 timer = 2 hours
***** Section 4 timer = 2 hours
The meaning of these timers are as follows:
1) Assuming the raid started at 8:00 AM Eastern, all timers are relative to this time.
2) Section 2 of the raid would not start until 3 hours after the start of section 1. Thus, section 2 would start at 11:00 AM Eastern, assuming the guild has already completed section 1.
3) Section 3 of the raid would not start until 2 hours after the start of section 2. Thus, section 3 would start at 1:00 PM Eastern, assuming the guild has already completed section 2.
4) Section 4 of the raid would not start until 2 hours after the start of section 3. Thus, section 4 would start at 3:00 PM Eastern, assuming the guild has already completed section 3.

This would give the highest chance of 100% guild participation (for all those wanting to raid) given the diverseness of the guild's timezone spans and member's personal, work, and school schedules. And, if a raid launcher decided, he could simply set all timers to zero in each section, which would be like it is today: one continuous raid.

Thanks for considering my suggestion.
Do or do not... There is no try.
Wolverine
@mishockwave2008
First Officer of The Force United
http://forceunited.uventerprises.com/