Let's share drop rates experiences

rotam
120 posts Member
Today I spent around 360 energy farming Arakyd Mk IV in DarkSide 5-K, got 0. Then at 2.30 am gmt+1 I opened 3 bronzium cards. 4* daka, 1 shard for Rey and 2* IG-86 (yeah, bronzium cards). That made me think about drop rates and card pulls. What if we share our good and bad experiences? I dont want to think is just RNG. Whats your best spot for farming SoroSub Mk IV? looks like its the item most needed overall. Do you get better drops fighting the battles or using sim tickets?

Replies

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sim far too often and battle to often to keep track of these things precisely sorry...

But in general most purple items I found the drop rate to be around 20-25%, but they come in phases, you won't see anything drop for a while and then a whole bunch come along at the same time... Kinda like buses! One doesn't come for a long time and then when one does, three come at once!

There is one purple item, can't remember the name where the rate was much closer to 10% of the time... looks like some glowy test tube!

Chomium packs, I only ever got the eight packs, I don't bother with the lower ones, only got a couple but generally each 8 pack, 2 of the items will be a full character. One time I only got one full character, another 4 full characters, which would have been great if they weren't all 2 star base characters! :'(

Bronzium packs, generally only items, maybe one character shards every 8 cards or so... Only twice have a pulled a full character, Talia once after I said the only other full character I got was some two star character, literally on the day I posted about it!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    I find that Maul drops pretty quick. Usually in 3 shots. :D
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Cantina shard drops (for Kylo Ren) have been really bad for me the last 2 days, I only got 6 (12.5%) shards buying a refill both days. I had been averaging a 40% drop rate since I started keeping a spreadsheet. He is getting close to 5* and I have heard several others mention that drop rate tanks when you are close so I wonder if it will average out once he finally stars up.

Some other shard drops are trending low but not significantly enough based on 3/day to mention yet.
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Cantina shard drops (for Kylo Ren) have been really bad for me the last 2 days, I only got 6 (12.5%) shards buying a refill both days. I had been averaging a 40% drop rate since I started keeping a spreadsheet. He is getting close to 5* and I have heard several others mention that drop rate tanks when you are close so I wonder if it will average out once he finally stars up.

Some other shard drops are trending low but not significantly enough based on 3/day to mention yet.

You keep a spreadsheet? Are you an accountant? I mean the motivation is amazing but wow!
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60P1xG32Feo

I wanted to reliably estimate the time it would take to 7* every character. I already have my farming plans laid out for about 3 months based on priotizing heroes I want for certain builds I want to try
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Cantina shard drops (for Kylo Ren) have been really bad for me the last 2 days

Same here. I am at 72/80 but it's getting slower and slower lately
  • Options
    spent my entire cantina energy today plus a refill from leveling farming for acoylye and have found 2. Before today I had been farming luke for a week and a half and have found 35 shards.

Way to much pay to win for getting 7 star characters (or even farming one in cantina). f2p doesn't stand a chance even while using excessive amounts of time playing.

Arena and GW seem reasonable though.
  • Options
    I have not gotten a single character from bronzium and I'm level 57. Nothing but shards in my 8 chromium pulls except for very first was urorroroh whatever, useless because not enough sand people to build team around.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Options
    I'm keeping track of all shard farming and bronzium pulls.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Harmson wrote: »
    I have not gotten a single character from bronzium and I'm level 57. Nothing but shards in my 8 chromium pulls except for very first was urorroroh whatever, useless because not enough sand people to build team around.

That sucks. I have gotten Daka, Daka, Nightsister Initiate, and Ewok Elder from Bronziums. I started playing late November.

I got 3 Kylo shards from 20 tries which brought me to 59/65 so I bought another refill so I could hopefully star him up before Arena time and then went 3/12 which is way better than it has been the last few days but still lower than the last month I have been keeping track. Over the last 3 days I went a total of 12/79.
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    maybe is just luck, but I compared some results.
    full energy + refill, 240 energy in cantina farming IG-86,
    fighting battles, 8/24
    using sim tickets, 3/24

Farming SoroSub Mk IV (the calculator)
    5F - 1/12
    6C - 7/14
  • Options
    After Kylo Ren not dropping at all the first week hes been dropping at a high rate like 7 out of 10 most of the time.
  • Options
    Cantina shards for Kylo Ren: 4/6. Not bad at all.