That guy...

LastJedi
3047 posts Member
edited May 2016
...if you have this guy on your server, you know him. The guy with 3 buy-a-toons with all lvl 10 gear. The guy you have no idea what hour is his payout, because he always battles back to number one, seemingly any hour he is awake. And he is on all day, all night.

You slowly learn to recognize other active players in your timezone. You try not to step on their toes as you all make the crawl back to the top. To see who gets to that guys without being locked out.

Well inhave a job. And it pays well. And i have something loosely resembling a normal life. But one day soon i will start spending a few hundos worth of crystals on arena refreshes just to target you. I dont know when your payout is. But it doesnt matter. Every waking hour it will be my job to make your life miserable. So get ready to ask mommy for a raise in your allowance.

Apologies in advance to anyone else that gets locked out in the process. Your regurlarly scheduled program of only 3 -blockers will resume shortly.
Post edited by LastJedi on

Replies

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Btw, that guy. It takes at most one refrsh to get from 21 to 1 with your team. Ifnyou chill out and win in your time zone.
  • I really enjoyed this post, OP!
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    Some men just like to watch the world burn...
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Lol i was just discussing about a guy like this on someone else's shard. On my shard, everybody is pretty understanding of this. Make sure to always attack him from #5 not #2 or #3, otherwise his payout will be still good. :)
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Or you can just be competitive and let the best man win? That's the whole point of arena no? It's one thing if you have clan members or friends that you rotate with, but otherwise it's a free-for-all.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    To followup, i was only kidding.

Well i am not kidding that it sometimes makes me rage when i watch him snipe or clock block 2 or 3 timezones in a row.

But i am not going to spend money to go after him. Thatbwouldnjust clock block other people.

I just wish i was on anserver that was more coop.

It took me awhile to understand the mechanics and repercussions, myself.

When i begin my daily run, i always look at the clock when i am going to pass a pay threshhold. And i make sure to wait u til after 5pm before i win that fight.

Then btn 5 and 6pm i step around people in my timezone, for self preservation as much as anything, to be honest. But it works better for everyone that way.

Then i refrain from messing with arena again until it is my time to payout. So as many other people will win top ten or twenty in their timezone as possible.

I want to watch EA money grab burn, as much as possible. Paying to rage against one other player woupd be totally counterproductive, as fun as that might be. This would be a win for EA money grab.

Sometimes i am losing the urge to even play for time and fun ratio. Seeing this guy at topnspot 16 hrs a day for 3 weeks with hisbpay team doesnt help. It wouldnbe different if no one could beat him. He just always fights back.

Before his reign there was another guy who at least parked in second. Now there are two guys who park in top five but who dont actively fight back unless it isntheir hour, and this guy that always fights to top at any hour.
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    Just curious, what team/s does this guy run?
  • LastJedi wrote: »
    ...if you have this guy on your server, you know him. The guy with 3 buy-a-toons with all lvl 10 gear. The guy you have no idea what hour is his payout, because he always battles back to number one, seemingly any hour he is awake. And he is on all day, all night.

You slowly learn to recognize other active players in your timezone. You try not to step on their toes as you all make the crawl back to the top. To see who gets to that guys without being locked out.

Well inhave a job. And it pays well. And i have something loosely resembling a normal life. But one day soon i will start spending a few hundos worth of crystals on arena refreshes just to target you. I dont know when your payout is. But it doesnt matter. Every waking hour it will be my job to make your life miserable. So get ready to ask mommy for a raise in your allowance.

Apologies in advance to anyone else that gets locked out in the process. Your regurlarly scheduled program of only 3 -blockers will resume shortly.

let me help you block this guy in his payout if he or she is on my server, and I will test his toons, what are his toons by the way?

theres also a guy in my server always fightback, maybe it was him or not...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Haha no need inwas totally kidding.

But fyi he uses
    Rexl
    Clone sarge
    Rg
    SunFac

Sunfac is mutant beast from hell.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Holy...yea i don't think i can beat that team. Now i understand why he defends all day.

But fyi he uses
    Rexl
    Clone sarge
    Rg
    SunFac

I agree sunfac is really a beast.......
  • Tickle_Spa
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    LastJedi wrote: »

But fyi he uses
    Rexl
    Clone sarge
    Rg
    SunFac

5 fights on arena with sunfac only 2 wins against players with sunfac
  • eliza
    33 posts Member
    What about the other guy who attacks from rank 25 to 22? 17 to 15? 12 to 11?
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    As long as someone fight in his timezone? I dont get it why ibwould care about the other guy.

It is not that this guy defends well. It is that after you beat him he fights bacj for number one spot. When he doesnt have to. Theres no way he can fall past ten or 15, even. There are like maybe half a dozen people that can even beat him, more than 25%. It is not like he can drop far.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Ohhhh... if youbmean there are guys that do it at higher ranks too, i woupd totally want to help out on that. Lol. I would put them on my hit list then sub out a weaker team. Lolol.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    As for best man wins, that is one way. Ibam sure there are some servers where the entire top ten is like this.

But there are other servers where players dont, i bet. I just wonder is theres anything that can be done to prevent my server into turning into one of those...

Seems like going after him would just make my server more like one of those..
  • VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited May 2016

But fyi he uses
    Rexl
    Clone sarge
    Rg
    SunFac

This sounds like...me! :D

Edit: and if it is me...it's not personal. I just love testing my teams against shardmates.

Also I took Sun Fac out to test Echo for a little while lol

• I've wondered what "that guy" is thinking too. Do they think lowing other players payouts makes them less competitive? That's a marginal benefit at best. My guess is they just like trolling people.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited May 2016

That guy is probably an EA shill who's sole existence is to make you mad enough to spend money to beat him :wink:
  • Nuwonda
    56 posts Member
    i would be more concerned about the widening gap between the have and havenot's re: g9+ gear due to the way the raid loot is designed...
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Nuwonda wrote: »
    i would be more concerned about the widening gap between the have and havenot's re: g9+ gear due to the way the raid loot is designed...

Everyone was having fun and you had to make it all serious.
  • Nuwonda
    56 posts Member
    DJJ wrote: »
    Nuwonda wrote: »

Everyone was having fun and you had to make it all serious.

ya sowwy, back to looking at my g8 toons telling them that these are not the droid callers they are looking for....