Hoarding arena tokens

Is anyone else doing this? I've got about 6.8k saved up, I don't really fancy any of the characters in the shipments at the moment, and all the other shipments got new characters added (phasma, Poe etc). So I figure eventually they will add more options, and when they do, I'll be ready.

Replies

• Xander
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Probably a good idea if you already have a decent team. I maxed ventris and nearly done with Sid just because I like their lore and they aren't terrible for GW. In terms character viability for arena all the arena character shards are kind of lack luster.

However I think that's intentional to keep people who are able to consistently win top spots from pulling so far ahead of those who aren't. I doubt you will see top tier toons in arena shipments, and why they are in an area more accessible like GW/CB/hard.
  • I've been hoarding only because I can't decide who to farm next after Ventress and Sid.
  • I'm done sid and sitting on 10k+ arena points. Since the last update added TFA characters to both cantina and GW shipments, I'm waiting for the next to add someone cool to arena shipments. I also don't have enough MK3 ability mats to make a new character viable so just gonna wait and see.
  • I'm not expecting any amazing heroes to be added, just someone fresh would be nice

And also, call me crazy but I still don't have Sid and I've been playing since before the global launch. I just have no interest in him. He so overused that I kinda find him to be a bit boring, regardless of how powerful he is
  • I fully agree with you about Sid, if he were light side I bet almost no one would run him. But prior to phasma he was one of if not the best farmable dark side leader so I think most people just kept farming him.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    For me it's too hard to not run sid when so many teams have 2 jedi healers. If I'm facing a team without one I'd consider replacing him.
  • The healing AI is pretty dumb, you just need to know when to lay off or focus based on turn meters.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Sidious is not farmed for arena squad pvp. He is the best in gw I find. All his abilities are built for long haul gw fights and that's why you get him.

I've got him 7* and love him.

My only issue now is I'm debating hard on starting a poggle/droid team or hoarding tokens as well.

That's the fun of the game I think
  • Fair enough I guess. I'm just sick of seeing the same team of sid, luminara, chewbacca, JC and dooku everywhere
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah I've been saving for a while too...I was thinking about getting 88 but I dunno. I've got a good team now so I'm pretty much saving all my stuff for the update.I don't want to use up mats getting a new hero up.