Omega Event Required Level 75. -- DEV COMMENT

Prev13456
Marthvadir
272 posts Member
edited May 2016
Please change the even to required level 70.
Each of the event tiers will be

This is a lot better than 30,50,75.

Yes it's tuned for level 78 I understand. But giving people the opportunity and ability to attempt it regardless if they can beat it or not is something I think all players should have. Also, not everyone is 75+ yet. There are a lot of people around level 70 though I know who would love to try it still even though it's tuned for 78+. So please lower the starting level to 70. Also I'd love some kind of response @EA_Jesse or @CG_NotReallyAJedi on this instead of it being just ignored. I have many friends who ask about this.
Guild: Order 66 501st Division
Post edited by NotReallyAJedi on

Replies

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    No
  • Opusone wrote: »
    No

Troll. I swear this forum is full of them.
  • DarthBalls wrote: »
    Opusone wrote: »
    No

Yea I don't know why. This is a very serious post. Also, I see no problem with letting the entry level be level 70, regardless if it's tuned for 78 or not. THE WORST that could happen is that you don't get the materials and you get slaughtered, but hey AT LEAST you tried and had the option to try. That's what I think at least. I hope it gets changed.
  • No it's 75 they already adjusted it. When they make it 70 all of you are going to whine it's too hard.
  • Marthvadir wrote: »
    ...instead of it being just ignored.

Yes. We ignore you. This is why we dropped it from 77 to 75. :smile:

While I appreciate that some want us to lower it to level 70, these events are intended to be high end. That means that, unfortunately, some people will not be able to participate because they're less than 75.

Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Marthvadir
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No it's 75 they already adjusted it. When they make it 70 all of you are going to whine it's too hard.

Not really, because we know it's intended for level 78. Just giving the option though is nice. Like yoda before it was nerved. I beat it at level 69 with 5 level 7 star jedi and yoda was a rank 90 with 2 rank 90 companions. I still beat it before the nerf with 5, 7 star level 69 jedi. It was hard as heck and I'm sure if I could try the omega event at my current level of 72 even though it's meant for 78, I could beat it. I just want the option to try.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    I think it should be level 80. Please raise the level cap. Some of us worked hard and saved crystals for a few weeks to be able to get to 80 quickly.

While I appreciate that some want us to lower it to level 70, these events are intended to be high end. That means that, unfortunately, some people will not be able to participate because they're less than 75.

</3. Thank you for a reply, I didn't mean to offend by ignore, but there are so many great posts on the forums and I rarely see dev responses which mean a lot to people as it lets us know what you guys are thinking and your current thoughts of the meta game. I really love hearing devs thoughts, and where they would like to see the meta game going or if they are just fine with how it currently is. Regardless, thank you for your reply. It does mean a lot.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Opusone wrote: »
    No

I expressed my opinion.

Rethink who you call a troll. Sorry if you disagree
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Marthvadir wrote: »

Please clarify: player 75 or character 75?

Just finished the event.
    Player 75 is required, not character 75.
    My three characters were level 76/74/69 (I'm level 77 player)

Technically you can go with a level 1 character but he will need to be three stars. But not any character, there's some character specific.

Please clarify: player 75 or character 75?

Player level, there is another thread with some guy from the future (australia or somewhere east) who posted some screenshots of the event.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    There's something I want but don't qualify for yet, give it to me anyway.... 'Murica'

Aren't there other challenges for different levels also? Or is it for only level 75 and above?
  • Marthvadir
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    [/quote]
    Just finished the event.
    Player 75 is required, not character 75.
    My three characters were level 76/74/69 (I'm level 77 player)

Technically you can go with a level 1 character but he will need to be three stars. But not any character, there's some character specific. [/quote]

Doesn't the event not come out until tomorrow?
  • Thank you for your reply CG_NotReallyAJedi!
    /agree with Marthvadir, it's good to hear from you guys! :)
  • dvl009
    529 posts Member
    nightsisters get no love, again.
    hey, but every player has talia which given from the start and is easy to farm and gear up, and one of the most popular toon which most playes have old daka...NOPE sry no nightsisters allowed for this event
    No it's 75 they already adjusted it. When they make it 70 all of you are going to whine it's too hard.

Not really, because we know it's intended for level 78. Just giving the option though is nice. Like yoda before it was nerved. I beat it at level 69 with 5 level 7 star jedi and yoda was a rank 90 with 2 rank 90 companions. I still beat it before the nerf with 5, 7 star level 69 jedi. It was hard as heck and I'm sure if I could try the omega event at my current level of 72 even though it's meant for 78, I could beat it. I just want the option to try.

Yes you know it's intended for higher levels. But the thousands of other players not visiting the forum will face a nasty surprise when they can enter the event but cant finish it. Then they storm the forums and star the complaintrain again.
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    @Marthvadir here is already 21st. (I did a post about it in case you want to check it out).

Yes you know it's intended for higher levels. But the thousands of other players not visiting the forum will face a nasty surprise when they can enter the event but cant finish it. Then they storm the forums and star the complaintrain again.

Yea I suppose that is true, I guess I have a feeling that I can just beat it even though I'm 72 with a lot of different lineups I have, even though it's meant for level 78 at 7 stars. I have 72, 7 star lineups as well as a couple of my buds who aren't quite 75 yet.

It's just some of my friends and my abilities are maxed out except we need omega materials to actually (MAX) them out. Currently besides this event we can't get any because you have to be level 80 to get them. I guess that's why I just wish I had a chance to be honest.
  • DieInFire wrote: »
    @Marthvadir here is already 21st. (I did a post about it in case you want to check it out).

Thanks will check it out then!
  • DieInFire wrote: »

WAIT, I just checked your post and you said it was easy and even 5 stars could probably still do it. So the 20 level 72, 7 star characters I have can't try it just because I'm not 75 still. NOOOOOOOO lol.
  • Please clarify: player 75 or character 75?

As every single thing in our game unlocks based on Player Level, this should function exactly the same.

Marthvadir wrote: »

Yea I suppose that is true, I guess I have a feeling that I can just beat it even though I'm 72 with a lot of different lineups I have, even though it's meant for level 78 at 7 stars. I have 72, 7 star lineups as well as a couple of my buds who aren't quite 75 yet.

It's just some of my friends and my abilities are maxed out except we need omega materials to actually (MAX) them out. Currently besides this event we can't get any because you have to be level 80 to get them. I guess that's why I just wish I had a chance to be honest.

I understand, you'd probably finish it with your characters as well. The bright side is your arena opponents won't get any mats either (at least when they are the same level as you are)
  • clawsofhonor
    370 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Ty for all your clarifications @CG_NotReallyAJedi. Quality work. I'm impressed
  • Jaflip
    142 posts Member
    Thank you for all your hard work @CG_NotReallyAJedi .
  • Hey i just did the omega challenge and the only REQUIREMENT is that you are 3* or more. You dont have to be any level. I used poggle lvl70 GS lvl 62 and ackbar lvl 65 but still had 5 more characters available the lowest being lvl 40
  • Hey i just did the omega challenge and the only REQUIREMENT is that you are 3* or more. You dont have to be any level. I used poggle lvl70 GS lvl 62 and ackbar lvl 65 but still had 5 more characters available the lowest being lvl 40

Pretty sure if you are level 75 or higher though it wot show you a level requirement because it is already unlocked.

• StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    I think even dropping it to 75 was too much, but it's nice to see that EA/CG does occasionally listen to player feedback.
  • Due to the fact that Omega Battles were ALREADY deployed, the first weekend will still be locked at Level 77. We will push an update next week that will make the remaining 2 weekends Level 75.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi - I think this is the first time in this game I have been VERY upset and probably the first time I've addressed a Dev directly. I've gone with the flow, tried to deflect some things here and there, etc. etc., but now I'm LIVID.

I spent last night leveling up to 75 so I could compete. I bought the 8 pack of Chromium just to get a toon I could use. I spent crystals on Arodium for Wedge this morning so I could participate in this weeks Rebel / Geonosian. I leveled up Teebo so I could compete in the Empire / Ewok challenge BASED ON THE PLAYER LEVEL 75 (And yes, I am yelling right now) BEING ABLE TO PARTICIPATE FOR OMEGAS. There are only one or two players on our entire server that can compete for them and we all duke it out for the top spot in arena.

I bought a vault for this. THIS SPECIFICALLY. Who do I contact?

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....