The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Is be ecstatic if the prize was a dps empire attacker...or mk7 scanners
  • Options
    New ideas

Storm trooper commander

Basic:Leading shot:deal physical damage to target enemy and heal for 10 percent of his max health. If he has 50 percent health or more, call an ally to assist

Special: bacta bomb:heal all allies for 30 percent of their max health with a 35 percent chance to grant empire allies max health up

Unique:adrenaline stim:when he reaches 20 percent health he regains 15 percent of his max health for his next 3 turns

Unique:Trained commander:when any empire ally attacks he has a 50 percent chance to assist, with a 25 percent chance to inflict accuracy down on the target
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I like it! Put it in the Character suggestions page! I particularly like how you agree implementing moves from Battlefront into this, very clever.

One change, make his first unique start at 25% health, that's when it turns red. Better visual cues.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    My goodness, I can't believe the huge difference Gear 10 Tarkin has over Gear 9 Tarkin. That 30% extra potency makes all the difference. I'm wrecking some teams I struggled with before since offense down is landing so often and turn meter reliable gets removed.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    My goodness, I can't believe the huge difference Gear 10 Tarkin has over Gear 9 Tarkin. That 30% extra potency makes all the difference. I'm wrecking some teams I struggled with before since offense down is landing so often and turn meter reliable gets removed.

Right! MVP
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    MVP for sure. Before he was just there so everyone can have respectable speeds, but now he's the glue holding everything together.

I also just got another droid caller from the raid. Thinking of saving it for Magmatrooper once I get him to gear 9. Likewise, I could use it for Vader or Royal Guard (or Snowtrooper). Despite Royal Guard being the best meta character we have, I'll probably keep him at gear 8 for awhile. If I give this droid caller to Magma, Vader will probably get my next.
  • Options
    Once I get clone sergeant to 6 star I'm going to invest heavily in an imperial squad
    I'm thinking:

Tarkin(L)

Vader

Royal guard

Storm trooper

Snowtrooper

Any input?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Once I get clone sergeant to 6 star I'm going to invest heavily in an imperial squad
    I'm thinking:

Tarkin(L)

Vader

Royal guard

Storm trooper

Snowtrooper

Any input?

I'm really unimpressed with Snowtrooper. I just don't feel he does anything great. Compare him to Clone Sarge. Snowtrooper gets offense up if he deals a finishing blow on his AOE. Clone Sarge gets offense up if he lands any critical. Snowtrooper gets 30% turn meter (omega) whenever a unit is defeated. Clone Sarge gets 50% turn meter when he gets a critical on his primary. Having run a 7 star Clone Sarge for so long myself, that's what led to my disappointment here. Clone Sarge simply procs his abilities far more often. Granted, whenever an enemy is defeated he also gives other Empire allies 15% turn meter, but that's not much and when you think about it ally turn meter gain is nearly identical to enemy turn meter removal. With that said, Magmatrooper has far better turn meter control that can be used more often and with good potency once maxed. He is better end game.

Whooo,wall of text. Sorry about that. Stormtrooper I like very much, simply don't use him myself because I have a gear 10 Veers. Pretty interchangeable despite the different functionality. Stormtrooper probably better once maxed if I'm speaking honestly (though don't omega his taunt, that's stupid).

Rest are good.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Won all five of my arena battles today for the first time. Very pleased.

Was also told that Magmatrooper is a waste of Stun cuffs and raid gear. Poor child, if only you knew.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    Options
    So... can you shed some light on this Aero? I know you and a few others are the only experienced Empire players on the forums. How is Magmatrooper really at G10/G11? What feels like the % that his AoE really gives TM down?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    So... can you shed some light on this Aero? I know you and a few others are the only experienced Empire players on the forums. How is Magmatrooper really at G10/G11? What feels like the % that his AoE really gives TM down?

I don't have him at gear 10 yet and although @1AmYourFath3r does have him at gear 10i don't believe he put a scanner on yet. I'm going off my experience with Clone Sargeant who has 20% potency and it felt like he removed turn meter at least 80% of the time. Therefore, 47%/87% potency depending if you equip 1 or 2 scanners sounds very good. Additionally, Magmatrooper does decent damage and has crazy good self turn meter gaining skill.
  • Options
    What is the max you've seen storm trooper's basic hit for?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Won all five of my arena battles today for the first time. Very pleased.

Was also told that Magmatrooper is a waste of Stun cuffs and raid gear. Poor child, if only you knew.

Lost all 5 of mine today lol.
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »

After more use with him in arena, his tm reduction actually procs a fair bit ~50-60%. I Omega'd his special recently, but his damage is still lackluster. He's good to use, and his 40k health pool makes him the last man standing.

He's growing on me the more I use him.
  • Options

In PvP, about 7500.
  • Options

In PvP, about 7500.
    Nice
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Hello.

We are all aware that Veers has a terrible leader skill that vader's is strictly better. I don't think veers should have his leader reworked. It should be eliminated and and replaced with a unique. What that could be, I'm undecided.

Tarkin is the true leader of the Empire. It's his leader skill that needs to be revamped. Make it on par with ackbar and his rebel goodness and we would have a super solid leader.

I was able to pick up 4 shards today for Vader from the shard shop. I am now 5/100.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Hello.

We are all aware that Veers has a terrible leader skill that vader's is strictly better. I don't think veers should have his leader reworked. It should be eliminated and and replaced with a unique. What that could be, I'm undecided.

Tarkin is the true leader of the Empire. It's his leader skill that needs to be revamped. Make it on par with ackbar and his rebel goodness and we would have a super solid leader.

I was able to pick up 4 shards today for Vader from the shard shop. I am now 5/100.

I mean, his name is GENERAL Veers. I'd like a new leader ability. He was the leader of the Hoth invasion though where he caught the Rebels off guard and wrecked their bar of operations, so something along those lines. I guess I wouldn't be terribly opposed to a new unique instead though.

Problem with Tarkin is all tee Empire is terribly slow so he's needed just to keep everyone on equal footing.

One thing to consider is while Admiral Ackbar is quite good since there's a lot of rebels with non attack moves, the dame can't be said for the Empire. On the contrary though, there's a lot of AOE on the Empire. So perhaps for either Veers or Tarkin add "a random Empire ally will assist on all AOE attacks"
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Hello.

I mean, his name is GENERAL Veers. I'd like a new leader ability. He was the leader of the Hoth invasion though where he caught the Rebels off guard and wrecked their bar of operations, so something along those lines. I guess I wouldn't be terribly opposed to a new unique instead though.

Problem with Tarkin is all tee Empire is terribly slow so he's needed just to keep everyone on equal footing.

One thing to consider is while Admiral Ackbar is quite good since there's a lot of rebels with non attack moves, the dame can't be said for the Empire. On the contrary though, there's a lot of AOE on the Empire. So perhaps for either Veers or Tarkin add "a random Empire ally will assist on all AOE attacks"

I get that he is general veers, but there are too many leader skills in the game already. If veers got a buff, then Tarkin will have a useless skill. Tarkin was the leader of the Death Star. That is the most iconic symbol of the Empire. He makes more sense to be the de facto leader of the empire.

Also, I didn't say make Tarkin the same as ackbar, just on par with its power.

Speed is still needed for the empire. Perhaps on AOE attacks, there is a chance to proc a second aoe. Think like at-at barrage or Death Star blast or something.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I get you didn't mean copy Ackbar, but Ackbar gives Rebels 25 speed, 10% tenacity, and an assist on non attack moves. All Tarkin does is 28 speed for Empire. It made logical sense to me to add the assist on AOE in addition to his current speed leader ability. Or perhaps when an empire ally performs am AOE, give another empire ally offense up. Something about AOE because 5 out of the 7 have one which is kinda crazy to think about.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I do like the idea of speed, a small potency boost and the aoe trick. That would be a leader worth using for sure.
  • Options
    Anyone have maxed out Storm Trooper gear 10? Is his defense unique viable in a Empire squad? IM running Gear 10 Tarkin, Veers, RG, Vader (6*) and not sure if I want to focus on Magma, Storm, or Snow all 7*. Like others Id rather use empire as my fifth but the empire gets no love.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/49232/make-tarkin-leader-the-antithesis-of-admiral-ackbar/p1

Proposal for Tarkin leader update.
    EwokJedi1 wrote: »
    Anyone have maxed out Storm Trooper gear 10? Is his defense unique viable in a Empire squad? IM running Gear 10 Tarkin, Veers, RG, Vader (6*) and not sure if I want to focus on Magma, Storm, or Snow all 7*. Like others Id rather use empire as my fifth but the empire gets no love.
    Not that I know of, but gear 9 Stormtrooper is fairly decent. I still think Magmatrooper would be the best 5th of you can max him out.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Also curios to hear from any brave soul with a gear 10 stormtrooper omega'd and in action.

There has to be SOME relevancy to this guy... come on CG make these guys playable already.
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    Also curios to hear from any brave soul with a gear 10 stormtrooper omega'd and in action.

There has to be SOME relevancy to this guy... come on CG make these guys playable already.

I'm almost at gear 10 with omega basic. I have sent a concern to EA in regards to his three turn taunt on omega, so until I hear back, I'm not going to omega his special - it could potentially make him unplayable, since Empire has no healer.

His defense is insane though, even at Gear 9. Maybe at gear 10, he could handle the three turn taunt.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I find Stormtrooper pairs well with Royal Guard, taunting right after Royal Guard so he can self heal with his unique. Though that can be said about any taunter.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero if you could introduce 1 imperial character, not the emperor, who would you want and how would you skill them?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I made a thread awhile ago with that exact question, lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41425/besides-the-emperor-who-should-be-the-next-empire-character-light-rogue-one-character-spoilers/p1

I voted Shock Trooper. I absolutely love all things Stormtrooper and another viable variant of one is right up my ally!

DLT-19 Heavy Blaster (Primary) Deal physical damage with a chance to inflict speed down.

Rocket Launcher (Special) Deal physical damage to all enemies. For each critical hit, 20% chance to reset cooldown.

Homing Missile (Special): Deal unavoidable damage with a 50% chance to dispel a positive status effect.

Kinda on the spot move set, not the best I can do.
  • Options
    @Aero if you could introduce 1 imperial character, not the emperor, who would you want and how would you skill them?

Shadow trooper

Attacker with great survivability

Basic:stealth maneuver: deal physical damage to target enemy, and deal 60 percent more damage if he is stealthed, with a 50 percent chance to inflict offense down on target

Special:cooling cell: attack with a 75 percent chance to attack again, a 50 percent chance to attack a third time, and a 15 percent chance to attack a fourth. Each attack does 5 percent less damage than the one before it

Unique:stealth training:shadow trooper has a 35 percent chance to gain stealth for 1 turn at the start of his turn

Unique:counter measures: shadow trooper has the ability to attack stealthed targets. If he does, remove 30 percent of their turn meter
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of Shadow Trooper being able to target stealth enemies, and it makes sense!