The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Aero wrote: »
    I made a thread awhile ago with that exact question, lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41425/besides-the-emperor-who-should-be-the-next-empire-character-light-rogue-one-character-spoilers/p1

I voted Shock Trooper. I absolutely love all things Stormtrooper and another viable variant of one is right up my ally!

DLT-19 Heavy Blaster (Primary) Deal physical damage with a chance to inflict speed down.

Rocket Launcher (Special) Deal physical damage to all enemies. For each critical hit, 20% chance to reset cooldown.

Homing Missile (Special): Deal unavoidable damage with a 50% chance to dispel a positive status effect.

Kinda on the spot move set, not the best I can do.

That's a really good kit.

I'll come up with the uniques if you want
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Maybe revamp veers leader ability and make it for AT-AT whenever the heck they open up vehicle battles
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    I made a thread awhile ago with that exact question, lol

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/41425/besides-the-emperor-who-should-be-the-next-empire-character-light-rogue-one-character-spoilers/p1

I voted Shock Trooper. I absolutely love all things Stormtrooper and another viable variant of one is right up my ally!

DLT-19 Heavy Blaster (Primary) Deal physical damage with a chance to inflict speed down.

Rocket Launcher (Special) Deal physical damage to all enemies. For each critical hit, 20% chance to reset cooldown.

Homing Missile (Special): Deal unavoidable damage with a 50% chance to dispel a positive status effect.

Kinda on the spot move set, not the best I can do.

That's a really good kit.

I'll come up with the uniques if you want

Go for it! I stopped at three moves but a 4th isn't unherd of for no name characters
  • Ok!

Unique:Heavy Armor:for each 10 percent of his max health he loses, he take 10 percent less damage

Unique:Defender:if an empire ally is about to be killed, shock trooper takes the damage instead(1 turn per match)
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Grraauuggh
    363 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Aero Are you saying that you actually like Magmatrooper at higher gear levels? Just curious, since I've heard lots of negative stuff about him.

Also, I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions about Snowtrooper on the forums, so since I have a 7-star G9 level 80 version, I thought I'd add mine to the mix:

First off, Snowtrooper is not a glass cannon and therefore is not going to do the kind of single-target damage that Rey or Leia can do. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just means that his area of expertise lies elsewhere.

Second, as with most Empire characters, he has lots of Empire synergies, therefore folks should consider his base statistics in light of this, rather than simply plopping him onto their raid/arena team and then ending up disappointed when his stats don't measure up. If you're not putting Empire characters on an Empire squad, you're doing it wrong.

Overall, I've actually been pleasantly surprised by his abilities. He has very high health, does decent damage, and has a nice ability block which fits nicely with Vader's ability block. Most importantly though, he has a truly excellent AoE that I'm certain will shine even more once I get him to G10 and higher. I've seen his AoE do massive damage with his omega upgrade (+15% damage) on his AoE ability, offense up (+50% damage), Vader lead (+30% damage), and advantage (guaranteed crits). Edit: This was done using Phasma as a 6th ally, but Phasma could easily be subbed-in for Tarkin in my build below.

My current Empire squad is Vader (L), Snowtrooper, Tarkin, Royal Guard, and Poggle. I'm not a huge fan of Stormtrooper, Magmatrooper, or General Veers, so I tend to prefer slotting-in a non-Empire character in the 5th spot for additional support. Poggle seems to fit in nicely with his long-lasting offense-up ability, plus his 2-turn ability block (after the omega upgrade) which is also very nice and fits in with Vader's and Snow's ability blocks, and some decent health once I get him to G10. In fact, one of the things I like best about Empire builds is the relatively high health of most Empire characters, which makes me think that if I can keep my characters alive long enough and do enough damage, I'll have a winning combination.

My Poggle is still at 6-stars and gear-level 9, and I'm of the opinion that I'll probably need at least 1 or 2 of my chars to receive gear upgrades (probably Snowtrooper and Tarkin) before I'll feel truly comfortable testing-out my Empire squad in the arena. However, I do have high hopes that this build will work out well once I've gotten Poggle finished and Snowtrooper and Tarkin beefed-up a bit.

I would love to hear other people's thoughts...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I want to use Vader lead bit the Empire is so darn slow!

As far as Magmatrooper goes, I'm just speculating. Glad to hear you are enjoying Snowtrooper though. I think between Vader and Veers I've got enough ability block already.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Who should get my next droid caller?

rXPkkGY.jpg

Vader goes to G10, 10 shards from 6*. Tarkin and Snowtrooper can go to G9.

I guess the best option would be Tarkin since he is MVP, right? Side question, does he help in any T7 raids as well, like in P2?
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    @Ronoaldo Tarkin hands down. He goes to gear 9,but 5/6 you probably already have for gear 10. Then you just need to craft a stun cuff.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Thanks @Aero!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • I agree with Aero, but would also add that he benefits more from the gear increase because he's so squishy (i.e. low health) at G9. The rest of the Empire chars have fairly high health, but not so with Tarkin; giving him the droid caller will help mitigate this somewhat.
  • Does magma need raid gear to get to 9?

Does snowtrooper need raid gear to get to 9?

This will determine which one I use
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Grraauuggh wrote: »
    I agree with Aero, but would also add that he benefits more from the gear increase because he's so squishy (i.e. low health) at G9. The rest of the Empire chars have fairly high health, but not so with Tarkin; giving him the droid caller will help mitigate this somewhat.

No one in Empire has more utility than Tarkin - not even Vader. Unfortunately you need both Stormtrooper and RG to protect him. Frankly, you can't have an effective Empire squad without him.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Does magma need raid gear to get to 9?

Magmatrooper needs no raid gear to get to gear 9,but 1 Droid caller to get to gear 10.

Snowtrooper is the reverse, a droid caller to get to gear 9 but no raid gear to get to gear 10.
  • Batman44gaming
    1826 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Magmatrooper needs no raid gear to get to gear 9,but 1 Droid caller to get to gear 10.

Snowtrooper is the reverse, a droid caller to get to gear 9 but no raid gear to get to gear 10.

Lastly, which one is easier overall to gear
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me

Lastly, which one is easier overall to gear

Snow.

Magma needs two scanners
  • Snowtrooper it is then
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Thanks for the info guys
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • No one in Empire has more utility than Tarkin - not even Vader. Unfortunately you need both Stormtrooper and RG to protect him. Frankly, you can't have an effective Empire squad without him.

Seems like Stormtrooper Han would be a better choice than Stormtrooper, given how slow Empire chars are and the turn meter changes Stormtrooper Han provides.
    No one in Empire has more utility than Tarkin - not even Vader. Unfortunately you need both Stormtrooper and RG to protect him. Frankly, you can't have an effective Empire squad without him.

Seems like Stormtrooper Han would be a better choice than Stormtrooper, given how slow Empire chars are and the turn meter changes Stormtrooper Han provides.

He would be, but we are trying to go entirely empire
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me

Storm also manipulates turn meter. And he hits much harder than han.

Plus between a Tarkin lead & special, and Magma, Storm, there's tons of tm manipulation. Empire issue is really dps, or lack thereof.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    @Batman44gaming @1AmYourFath3r

Magmatrooper doesn't need 2 scanners, they are merely equipable once he's already at gear 10 and greatly improve potency
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Batman44gaming @1AmYourFath3r

Magmatrooper doesn't need 2 scanners, they are merely equipable once he's already at gear 10 and greatly improve potency

True, but that potency would make him amazing. And eventually to get to gear 11, when needed.
    Post edited by 1AmYourFath3r on
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I'm experimenting with Vader as the lead now. The Empire has enough turn meter manipulation (plus Vaders lead) to make up for their slow speed in the long run, but it's all about surviving that initial onslaught without Tarkin lead. Main reason I'm trying this is the Empire desperately needs a bit more firepower.
  • I've found that Vader as lead is almost essential, at least until I get my other Empire characters up to max gear-level. Without any offense-boost at all, Empire squads are dead meat. Vader's 30% offense makes a huge difference with this.

I'm also going to start experimenting with running Poggle in the 5th slot for even more offense boost, plus a kick-**** omega ability block, here in a couple days once I get him up to 7-stars. My hope is that whenever they release Emperor Palpatine he'll have offense-up and maybe even a stun, and I'll be able to swap Poggle for Palpatine.

So, in a couple days I'm thinking my primary build will be Vader (L), Snowtrooper, Tarkin/Bane (see below), Royal Guard, and Poggle.

The other thing I've noticed about my Empire build is that it is sorely lacking in stuns when facing off against the many, many squads using Dooku, Daka, and Royal Guard; that's 3:1 stuns since currently the only Empire stun is Royal Guard. Given that Empire squads are in need of more offense anyways, spending most of your time stunned is an absolute killer.

I've had 2 thoughts about how to deal with this problem:

1) I've been experimenting with using my G9 Cad Bane in place of my G8 Tarkin, since Bane has slightly higher health, equivalent single-target damage (when Tarkin is paired with Vader as lead), and much more reliable turn-meter reduction (note this is all primarily due to the difference in gear-level), not to mention one of the best stuns in the game. In particular, he works wonders against Yoda, Rey, and QGJ, since his stun can get past Yoda's/Rey's foresight, and his turn-meter reduction and bonuses against jedi are great against QGJ/Yoda, and all three chars are very prevalent at the top of the leaderboard. I may switch back to Tarkin once I can get him a droid caller and he gets more potency at G9, but until then Cad Bane (or perhaps another stun) appears to be the better choice for me right now.

2) My other option is to use Yoda to grant my team tenacity-up, which would prevent enemy stuns, at least part of the time. I haven't been able to test yet since I'm still about a week or two away from having Yoda at max-level, but I'm thinking of a build somewhere along the lines of Vader (L), Snowtrooper, Tarkin/Bane, Royal Guard, Yoda.

What I would really like to see to round out my Empire squad would be for the devs to release Emperor Palpatine and give him an offense-up special plus some kind of stun; this would make him a lock for my fifth spot. Having Palpatine would also make me feel a lot more comfortable using Tarkin, especially once I get him to G9.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Just a quick post here to all my fellow empire fans, my guild has 4 openings at the moment. We just completed our first heroic, so you can expect a lot of that moving forward if you're interested!
    Just a quick post here to all my fellow empire fans, my guild has 4 openings at the moment. We just completed our first heroic, so you can expect a lot of that moving forward if you're interested!

Still have openings?

My guild is low on members as is, I can't leave them tight now :P

BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Grraauuggh
    363 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Aero

What are your guild requirements? I might be willing to join if I knew my account was powerful enough to join your guild. I'm not terribly good at raids, but this is mostly because I don't have the chars I need to really shine like Teebo, Ackbar, Ventress, Ewok Elder, Rex, etc.

To give you an idea of where I'm at as far as raiding goes, I've got 17 7-star characters, 14 of which are level 80 / gear 8 or higher. I have another 6 6-star chars at various levels, plus a gear 10 5-star Vader. I'm fairly stocked-up with Empire and scoundrel characters, plus an assortment of others, but I've tended to avoid the most of the "meta" characters like Phasma, Dooku, QGJ, Sidious, etc. though that doesn't necessarily mean that I've avoided them completely.

So, while I might not necessarily add much to your raiding team, if you have an extra spot it sounds like maybe I might be able to at least contribute somewhat?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    @Grraauuggh and @1AmYourFath3r we still have openings! Not terribly strict requirements because we already beat the heroic without a full guild, so anymore can only help. Plus I like yall! All we really ask is that contribute daily energy so we can do raids more often!

If you want to join I'll need your discord ID since we communicate announcements there. I'm Aero#2345