The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Dont forget Ahsoka and the crazy damage she brings, at least we finally get a good Jedi to make them viable. Oh wait... she's only a Rebel.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    Hi all :)

Has adding a Zeta to Shoretrooper taunting ability to include a cleanse for his whole team ever been mentioned/suggested?
  • Options
    Not that I know of, but its a pretty good idea imo.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    His special is already a level 8 ability, no room for a zeta. They already gave him a zeta and it's apparently garbage in practice.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    His special is already a level 8 ability, no room for a zeta.
    dang :/
    They already gave him a zeta and it's apparently garbage in practice.
    He does not have a Zeta as far as I know.

• Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    His special is already a level 8 ability, no room for a zeta.
    dang :/
    They already gave him a zeta and it's apparently garbage in practice.
    He does not have a Zeta as far as I know.

What about Royal Guard? His special doesn't do much atm. Unfortunately it is already level 8, so they would need to tweak him slightly to make a zeta work. His special could cleanse empire allies and give tenacity up for as couple turns, or possibly make emipre allies self cleansing on a crit or debuff kind of like r2d2.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Options
    His special is already a level 8 ability, no room for a zeta. They already gave him a zeta and it's apparently garbage in practice.
    You are referring to Stormtrooper, the original post is about shoretrooper.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Hi all :)

Has adding a Zeta to Shoretrooper taunting ability to include a cleanse for his whole team ever been mentioned/suggested?

Yeah it's been discussed quite a bit and I think many of us were hoping for that with this update. It could've made the troopers more viable I think. Instead to half-way stand a chance you need GK in the squad for arena. That is of course if you're looking to shoot for 1st / 2nd every day and not fall into the 20's / 30's overnight.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    You are referring to Stormtrooper, the original post is about shoretrooper.

You're correct... my bad.
  • Options
    I'm so disappointed to hear about Storm, I'm just light some omegas but had my Zetas ready to go for him. @aero how is he modded? Does he not hit hard as last man? Is he typically last man in conjunction with shore? I was hoping that as the offensively powered up last man he'd be hitting really hard. Is the tm reduction noticeable?
  • Options
    The TMR is not part of the zeta. And it works well, Yes. The zeta is only th 40% offense per fallen empire ally. But he said it isn't amounting to much, plus Stormtrooper has such a variance on his damage. Sounds good on paper, but not as great in reality.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    To clarify, I still highly recommend Stormtrooper, just not the zeta.
  • Options
    I second that. I also really have grown to like Stormtrooper. I use him over Shore in GW. At top gear he's a great tank, and is the best damage dealer among tanks.
  • Options
    I'll still get him to 11 for the sake of having a full trooper team at 11 (except Magma.) But I'm rethinking that next zeta right now. Cautiously optimistic for Tarkin. Sad that in the last week the Chaze plague has infected my shard and my strong zader squad squad is such a target. I'm not giving up on dark side or empire and I'm hoping my investment in them pays off in the new game mode.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    Options
    I also highly recommend storm. My maxed magma just rides the bench except for the rancor.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @Grandmarichie I'm optimistic about tarkin too. I currently run a very fast sass under zVader and it's very good. Tarkin will make dt 1 speed faster than sass. I know sass nets more from speed set bonus, but having dt move lightning fast to get that taunt cleared and +1 cd the opponent is a potential solid opening.

So for now, I'm thinking: tarkin (l), dt, shore +2. Will figure that out as I go.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm in same boat; I have empire/sith for all occasions: 101k total hp shore, zvader, zdooku, zid, maxed and fast (+84) dt, maxed and fast ep, zboba with g11 Tarkin waiting plus storm and snow and veers will be at 11 shortly. And a good DN too. I bought chaze shards but probably should have bought sass/siT shards given my roster. I survived zaul but chaze knocks me way down and not having them (or Sass/SiT) on my roster means I drop much more on defense now.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I'm thinking zVader (L), zSid, zTarkin, zDT (zeta is useless unless you replace Zid with Krennic... also might be good) and Kenobi...

I could be really solid...

Gonna be fun to play around with...
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    i just did a 18 per run phase 4 Haat with g10 veers zeta g9 Magmatrooper g10 snowtrooper g11 stormtrooper g11 Deathtrooper. I see potential for a lot better was so close many times within a sliver of red toppling in 1 turn. When the other toons hit g11 they should topple. Best I did was 2.4 per in topple which should improve too . Has anyone else had success in Haat
  • Options
    Took my troopers up against P3 in HAAT. Not as good as Chirpantine or Datcha led teams, but I was able to get nearly 500k with a Veers Zeta lead, magma G9, Snowtrooper G11, Stormtrooper G11 and Deathtrooper G10. The tanks main gun shot 4 times and never killed a toon and they made it to enrage. Was a lot of fun watching Snowtrooper unload 3 AOE's in a row!
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I have a huge number of questions for anyone who's running Imperial troopers and especially you @Aero since you run them quite a lot.

Despite any stars consideration, does Shore is best than Storm in any consideration of this game ? I mean, I know that Shore can heal and everything but does it really matter to have him over than Shore ? Because I consider Shore way better and I've never actually seen him in any video. I know he's hard to get, and even harder to star.
    The first point is really important to me because I plan on running Veers (L), Snow, Shore, DT and Magma to get some good Tenacity since they don't have cleanse.

Also, I was wondering about Magmatrooper. Does his Unique apply completely to himself ? Does that mean he gain 70% Tenacity ?

I'm really sick of squads that are played by everyone, I was using a Clone squad before running Vader, TFP, Veers, Shore and DT. Now, I want to find as much joy as I had while running Clones through Arena. If I understand well you need them as fast as you can so even if Maul is dazing you, you would still benefit from Speed Up ?

Also I guess they need to get some nice critical chance and damage, especially Snow since he's an AoE best.

Finally, how does Shoretrooper's 10% max health apply ? Does it count after mods or is it just about base health without modification ?
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Took my troopers up against P3 in HAAT. Not as good as Chirpantine or Datcha led teams, but I was able to get nearly 500k with a Veers Zeta lead, magma G9, Snowtrooper G11, Stormtrooper G11 and Deathtrooper G10. The tanks main gun shot 4 times and never killed a toon and they made it to enrage. Was a lot of fun watching Snowtrooper unload 3 AOE's in a row!

Phase 4 has 6 targets for snow he's pretty amazing there too. Lol
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    @Jabba I got a 2.8M run with troopers, best I've done in p4.

@Guest Shore is more dispendable than storm. Shore is just there to protect the opening turns, but whether you win or lose is largely dependent on setting up Stormtroopers taunt just right to remove a ton of turn meter. Ultimately I lie running both and exclude Magma, but use magma for raids.

Magma unique does apply to himself so he gets a ton of tenacity, and the 10% health applies after mods.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    @Jabba I got a 2.8M run with troopers, best I've done in p4.

@Guest Shore is more dispendable than storm. Shore is just there to protect the opening turns, but whether you win or lose is largely dependent on setting up Stormtroopers taunt just right to remove a ton of turn meter. Ultimately I lie running both and exclude Magma, but use magma for raids.

Magma unique does apply to himself so he gets a ton of tenacity, and the 10% health applies after mods.

Nice I see potential there is all your toons maxed . Toppling in one turn should be easy when maxed from what I seen today plus some extra hits on main in between.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I got 11 topples in, you can only get 15 topples total before Enrage.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    I got 11 topples in, you can only get 15 topples total before Enrage.

Not bad and easy to run too.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Moving my zader from phase 4 to phase 2 since i don't do well with my droids there. I get 40 per phase 4 with zader though not sure if it's a smart move lol.
  • Options
    Thoughts on Tarkin?

What squads do you find most effective?

I've tried multiple comps and leads and he seems to do best for me with either Zader or Krennick lead.

Unfortunately, my Krennick is only 4* G7 so I have only tried him in GW.

Veers seems decent as well (also in GW) but I feel like Tarkin doesn't synergyze with the Troopers well enough.

I put a Zeta on Tarkin's unique. It doesn't really make all that big of a difference really. Raid potential maybe, but not much difference in arena.

Im still playing around with mods though...
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    I watched Ahnalds video on him last night and if he cant make Tarkin work on his crappy server, he wont work well on a more competitive server.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I watched Ahnalds video on him last night and if he cant make Tarkin work on his **** server, he wont work well on a more competitive server.

You have a link to that vid? I am considering zetaing Tarkin, but right now I have him at 7*, g11, 91% potency, and even after a couple of basic shots and potency up, which should give him over 400 offense up on his AOE, he is lucky to crit for 17k. Quite underwhelming for "Ultimate Firepower".

Oh wait, after re-reading the description of Ultimate Firepower, I just realized the problem... the bonus is to Offense (straight damage), not Offense % like I was assuming. Well shoot, that explains it. Why on earth would I put a zeta on Tarkin to get a measly 200 damage increase on his AOE?!?

If they fix it to be Offense % increase, then it should actually be good.