The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    BeWary wrote: »
    I watched Ahnalds video on him last night and if he cant make Tarkin work on his **** server, he wont work well on a more competitive server.

You have a link to that vid? I am considering zetaing Tarkin, but right now I have him at 7*, g11, 91% potency, and even after a couple of basic shots and potency up, which should give him over 400 offense up on his AOE, he is lucky to crit for 17k. Quite underwhelming for "Ultimate Firepower".

Oh wait, after re-reading the description of Ultimate Firepower, I just realized the problem... the bonus is to Offense (straight damage), not Offense % like I was assuming. Well shoot, that explains it. Why on earth would I put a zeta on Tarkin to get a measly 200 damage increase on his AOE?!?

If they fix it to be Offense % increase, then it should actually be good.

He hits the hardest for me under Krennick lead (which I can only use in GW because DK is G7). He has good offense but crummy crit chance.

Intimidation tactics immediately followed by ultimate firepower with no "charging" will crit for 15-17k. Not game breaking, but much better than before his rework.

Also, the TM reduction is great.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    He hits the hardest for me under Krennick lead (which I can only use in GW because DK is G7). He has good offense but crummy crit chance.

Intimidation tactics immediately followed by ultimate firepower with no "charging" will crit for 15-17k. Not game breaking, but much better than before his rework.

Also, the TM reduction is great.

True, the TM reduction is great (if it doesn't get resisted), but as you said, his crit chance stinks at ~25% if you focus on potency (and mediocre if you do focus on crit). Also, since there is no real charging of his AOE, as I described above, and your chance to crit is so low, you are effectively doing around 10k damage every 3-4 turns. Big whoop. There are so many better AOE's: Kylo, Lando, Anakin, Snowtrooper, etc.

Surely this is a mistake.

On the bright side, with the defense increase he seems a bit less squishy.

I'm generally not such a downer, but I got kinda bummed out when I realized how much his AOE is lacking after running through GW three times with him already. I still can't believe his Zeta gives a measly 200 dmg to the AOE. That's insulting.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    I watched Ahnalds video on him last night and if he cant make Tarkin work on his **** server, he wont work well on a more competitive server.

You have a link to that vid? I am considering zetaing Tarkin, but right now I have him at 7*, g11, 91% potency, and even after a couple of basic shots and potency up, which should give him over 400 offense up on his AOE, he is lucky to crit for 17k. Quite underwhelming for "Ultimate Firepower".

Oh wait, after re-reading the description of Ultimate Firepower, I just realized the problem... the bonus is to Offense (straight damage), not Offense % like I was assuming. Well shoot, that explains it. Why on earth would I put a zeta on Tarkin to get a measly 200 damage increase on his AOE?!?

Sorry not off hand, but if you YouTube search Ahnald101 itll be on his front page. He did get off a huge UF in one clip but the match was already fairly well in hand to where I dont think it mattered.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member

It is % offense. Check swgoh.gg. Gain bonus offense equal to double potency which is a percentage stat.
  • Josh_K wrote: »

It is % offense. Check swgoh.gg. Gain bonus offense equal to double potency which is a percentage stat.

Gain bonus offense. NOT gain offense %.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    I felt the urge to share a bit of good news amongst all the failed Faction Pass discussions - my troopers were able to get to 8 in arena yesterday. It is a lot of fun beating zaul and rex teams. I use zVeers (l), snow, storm, shore and DT. All are g11 and I am a total of 6 gear pieces from max. There are two teams that cause me fits: zarriss teams and the current meta of rex, gk, chaze, zDN.
  • That's the problem to break top arena you have to beat that Rex meta team.
  • If you devs still read this thread, can you please let us know why you did us so dirty on the empire faction pass, and completely overshadowed all empireness with R2, Ahsoka and Luke event? All anyone has talked about since update is mod drop % and luke event. The Empire got completely buried. We spend money too, why the hate?
    We would love to help in testing and offering feedback if you guy need it to make things work, but the empire is getting the same treatment that First order got. A first class ticket to average at best.
    The Resistance Expose fix has literally jumped them from in the 30-50 range in arena to 1. We have 2 Zfinn teams that are pushing out top 5 nightly now. This was done during the Empire pass. All the money I spent on gearing my Empire toons only helps me fall farther and farther out of contention of the arena. And now that Empire pass is over. We really feel like you left has hanging.

Id love to have some meaningful constructive conversations about this, but we feel completely ignored and set aside.

Help us O-dev-please-in-gamey, you're our only Hope.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    The fix is easy, just add to Tarkins leader ability that debuffs from Empire squad members cant be cleansed. There has to be some thought about arena and how these squads play against other prominent arena leaders and squad members. We dont need more raid squads.
  • You mean more raid squads that do 1/2 the damage of other factions.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    I agree with you completely @BradGoodyear . R2 got 2 extremely good zetas. Storm and tarkin got, in total, three mostly useless zetas. Rebels got chirrut and baze (no zetas needed for arena domination) while Empire got DT and Krennic (2 available zetas that don't have an impact). Rogue One rebels are fairly easily farmable in the shops with the exception of baze. Rogue One Empire has two single hard nodes each (shore and krennic) and a high-end cantina node. I could go on, but I think the point has been made. Please devs, help us compete in high-end arena and raids.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    You mean more raid squads that do 1/2 the damage of other factions.

Right, that too. HAAT is finished so fast anymore you only have so much time to even use more than one or two teams anyway. We need more competitive arena squads, not more PVE squads.
  • Clones to what 6mil?
    Resistance now 6mil?
    Zader about 4 mil(with mostly non empire characters)
    First Order can realistically do about 2.5 Mil
    Troopers can do about 2.5 mil(Aero has a pretty pimp squad)

We got a rework that got us up to the floor level of Haat scores, and that's it. Oh Tarkins ship gives retribution. That's about the only thing in this rework that was more than average at best
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Totally agreed @BradGoodyear the empire pass was a bad joke!! I'm so disappointed!! :s
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Clones to what 6mil?
    Resistance now 6mil?

We got a rework that got us up to the floor level of Haat scores, and that's it. Oh Tarkins ship gives retribution. That's about the only thing in this rework that was more than average at best

I just took my First Order from 2.4M to 3.5M without even changing mods, just strategy. Troopers I'm getting just shy of 3M now.
  • Aero wrote: »
    Clones to what 6mil?
    Resistance now 6mil?

I just took my First Order from 2.4M to 3.5M without even changing mods, just strategy. Troopers I'm getting just shy of 3M now.

So the troopers are the fifth damage team in HAAT. Is it even worth it to farm Veers from hard nodes and the rest of the troopers?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    Clones to what 6mil?
    Resistance now 6mil?

So the troopers are the fifth damage team in HAAT. Is it even worth it to farm Veers from hard nodes and the rest of the troopers?

Keep in mind I made a jump from 2.4m to 3.5m with no new mods with FO, so I could be missing something here too. Also if Troopers ever get a speed down character these scores will rise a lot.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Clones to what 6mil?
    Resistance now 6mil?

I can't even break 2M. What am I doing wrong? Am I just too slow? Maybe I just need CD sets on everyone and that will make the difference. Right now I have mostly Offense sets to combat the anti-crit abilities running rampant in arena.

My strategy is to give FOTP as many turns as possible. Use Kylo Lash Out most of the time unless FOTP is at full TM and then use Outrage. Use FOST taunt immediately for TM gain. Phasma VM generally just to give FOTP another go. Go for as many topples as I can get, then when it's just Kylo, hit the main body as much as I can before enrage.

Is that the wrong technique?
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    I can't even break 2M. What am I doing wrong? Am I just too slow? Maybe I just need CD sets on everyone and that will make the difference. Right now I have mostly Offense sets to combat the anti-crit abilities running rampant in arena.

My strategy is to give FOTP as many turns as possible. Use Kylo Lash Out most of the time unless FOTP is at full TM and then use Outrage. Use FOST taunt immediately for TM gain. Phasma VM generally just to give FOTP another go. Go for as many topples as I can get, then when it's just Kylo, hit the main body as much as I can before enrage.

Is that the wrong technique?

I do basically the same thing, and highest I've gotten is 2.4 mil. I always use FOTP's basic because of the double-tap, and I almost always give Marching Orders to FOTP to give him Off Up. Maybe if I was smarter about it I would give Marching Orders to Kylo, FOST, or Phasma more often and let them use abilities that give the whole team TM...

I'm also curious to know what Aero's strategy is.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    We talking First Order or Troopers? This is the video I used to change my FO strategy (not my video).
    https://youtu.be/JJfCrFIGmNQ

I'll upload a Trooper run too.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    We talking First Order or Troopers? This is the video I used to change my FO strategy (not my video).

Thanks Aero. That's the strategy I use, except I think he gave Marching Orders to FOST, Phasma, and Kylo, like I suggested above. It was hard to tell though because of the 4x speed.

One thing I don't understand is why his FOTP is regularly criting for 25-26K. I have mine completely maxed with 216% crit dmg, and I only get 20-21K crits. What am I doing wrong?

<sorry to be discussing FO in Empire thread, maybe we should take this discussion over here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1094985#Comment_1094985&gt;
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Troopers
    https://youtu.be/KNbE6YUglDI

Thanks Aero. That's the strategy I use, except I think he gave Marching Orders to FOST, Phasma, and Kylo, like I suggested above. It was hard to tell though because of the 4x speed.

One thing I don't understand is why his FOTP is regularly criting for 25-26K. I have mine completely maxed with 216% crit dmg, and I only get 20-21K crits. What am I doing wrong?

<sorry to be discussing FO in Empire thread, maybe we should take this discussion over here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1094985#Comment_1094985&gt;

Use static offense secondaries and a offense primary arrow with static offense secondary on FOTP. He gets fed turn meter from everyone else.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @Aero missed 5 topples today phase 4 Haat did 2.9 mil with troopers. G10 veers g10 snow g11 dt g11 stormtrooper g9 Magma. Had dt going 231 so I could get deathmark applied at start before tanks cannons fired was able to get topple at start. seems to have potential 10-15 per more if topple every tanks turn maybe more what's your thoughts on all speed and cc I been modding for cd and cc. Needs slow in topple but maybe op speed gets them couple more turns . In that run I missed 5 topples .
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Use static offense secondaries and a offense primary arrow with static offense secondary on FOTP. He gets fed turn meter from everyone else.

Thanks for the ideas. I had him modded for protection to keep him alive longer, but offense makes more sense, especially for a tank that is toppled most of the time. With some new mods, I gained about 600 dmg to his regular attack. Here's hoping that makes the difference!
  • @megaman I see you stopped using troopers in arena. Right now I'm still jonesing for storm/veers zeta to use a full trooper team just because they are so fun to play. Currently I'm using Zader/Death/Shore/DN + one of: B2, Zdooku, Zid, zboba, r2. Am I just flat out wasting my Zetas to pursue a fully maxed trooper squad? I have 30 mats and am trying to plot my next direction. Trying to get good utility out of the Zetas. People's feedback on storm seems to be that it is a worthwhile Zeta but maybe it is too small a sample size. I just don't have a lot invested into rebels/Jedis and want to stay empire but not at the expense of dropping rank. Maybe they get a lot stronger at g12?
  • Skykraker
    120 posts Member
    @Aero have u tried a speed down toon like fives instead of magma? Not sure losing all that TM/dmg with magma would work but if everyone else is getting 25% more damage, maybe. Just curious.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Skykraker wrote: »
    @Aero have u tried a speed down toon like fives instead of magma? Not sure losing all that TM/dmg with magma would work but if everyone else is getting 25% more damage, maybe. Just curious.

@Skykraker I have, and noticed that one less character getting called for assist by Veers and getting offense up plus turn meter has made it a lot harder to topple the tank before it gets a turn, not worth it. Need to get a new speed down trooper.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Yea I've tryed Vader as support zader lead to get slow and dots and taking Magma out takes the toppling most every turn out of the run. 26 percent now my best put offense arrows on stormtrooper and Magma and snowtrooper helps a lot. I leave speed arrow on dt and veers so I can topple first turn. Hopefully they release a new trooper to add a slow.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    @Grandmarichie (are you on my arena shard?) I did stop using my zVeers troopers for a short while. Unfortunately they get attacked on defense a lot. My highest rank was 8. They are a lot of fun, but the zaul dodge/stealth makes me want to throw my phone and the current rex/chaze/gk/DN meta is really tough to beat.

Yesterday I switched to zVader, Tarkin, zSid, Shore, and DT. I made it to rank 2, but again the dodge/stealth drives me insane. I put enough speed on Sid to be faster than every rex and chirrut on my shard so I get everyone infected with dots. I still think Tarkin is too weak. I will probably put zBoba back in for Tarkin. Anything not rex or zaul also gets picked on when on defense which is a big bummer.

After making several Empire compositions, my opinion is they just don't hold rank on defense. You must also have great RNG on offense.
  • @mega_man no I'm on a young shard, November of '16. No gk's yet. But I sadly know you are right; bad enough with a Vader lead on people attacking me, Veers will get decimated I'd think. I was just looking at your swgoh.gg profile and it shows your squad comps/ranks. (My user name is StinkyDoobis which actually ironically is my dogs nickname). Under current meta they aren't going anywhere and I'm not sure that even make sense to use in HAAT for the zeta cost. I've spent a lot for a team that I'm only using in GW.

Your current comp is as good as you'll get without using Rex or Maul and to me those teams are boring. In life you either want to do what everyone else does or you want to be different; I'm in the latter camp. Also I agree about Tarkin, I had the highest of hopes but my near maxed Tarkin will be getting no zeta love from me. I barely use him for anything but his capital ship.