The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• The Zeta on Gar is laughable too
  • Planning on using for Arena the following team:
    zzThrawn, DK, zDT, ShT and ST.
    I plan to get the bayonet G12 for DT and I stll have to gear up ST.
    Do you think I will be able to get 1st in a nov 15 shard?
    Got good mods fortunately.
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Yep. I saw videos of this composition and it can definitely win. What I do not know is how good is it on defense and how does it deal with General Zarris teams.
  • Yep. I saw videos of this composition and it can definitely win. What I do not know is how good is it on defense and how does it deal with General Zarris teams.

That team works against Zarriss too but I find it quicker and easier to sub in Tarkin for Stormtrooper in that situation.
  • https://youtu.be/AKqcHXeH78g

What's this mans secret? Insane mods?? How can he be so good. You can see his other videos and he's a machine with empire.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/AKqcHXeH78g

What's this mans secret? Insane mods?? How can he be so good. You can see his other videos and he's a machine with empire.

That squad he fought didn't have R2. That would have been a very different fight without all of those counters and with R2 stunning everyone.

Plus that Raid Han was only G10.
  • SharkMilkk wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/AKqcHXeH78g

That squad he fought didn't have R2. That would have been a very different fight without all of those counters and with R2 stunning everyone.

Plus that Raid Han was only G10.

As he said, no R2, which means not cleansing except GK... who got fractured. Not even considering the difficulty to get both DK and GS. Not considering G12 has been released since, the video was 3 weeks ago, almost even a month ago actually.

And yes, G12 change a lot of things, particularly the damage output for some chars and more particularly the protection gain for a tank as GK, even if this one is not able to reach G12.
  • I think the current best Empire arena line up (Thrawn, DT, ShT, StormT, Krennic) can also work by replacing Krennic with ISC. He can use his special every other turn, his special dispells and inflicts buff immunity. He counters and has a good HP but he is a bit slow.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    I think the current best Empire arena line up (Thrawn, DT, ShT, StormT, Krennic) can also work by replacing Krennic with ISC. He can use his special every other turn, his special dispells and inflicts buff immunity. He counters and has a good HP but he is a bit slow.

That team would really lack dmg though. I don't think ISC does enough dmg (even with the counters). You would probably time out against teams, especially gear 12 teams.
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Cesium wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I think the current best Empire arena line up (Thrawn, DT, ShT, StormT, Krennic) can also work by replacing Krennic with ISC. He can use his special every other turn, his special dispells and inflicts buff immunity. He counters and has a good HP but he is a bit slow.

That team would really lack dmg though. I don't think ISC does enough dmg (even with the counters). You would probably time out against teams, especially gear 12 teams.

I don't be know about ISC since mine is only 5* G8 but I have Krennic at 7* G12 and he kicks some serious tail.

I run that exact team of Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Krooper and I have zero issues taking 1st in arena.
  • I don't be know about ISC since mine is only 5* G8 but I have Krennic at 7* G12 and he kicks some serious tail.

I run that exact team of Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Krooper and I have zero issues taking 1st in arena.

So you're holding up well against the hoard of G12 rebel teams? Do you fall from the top very far? I'm running your team but with Tarkin instead of Storm. I bet storm helps DT stay alive a bit longer with the def boost, eh?

I just got Krennic to G12, and have DT G12 too. Before G12 I could take #1 without much trouble, but my shard has a ton of G12 toons, so it's a little tougher at the moment.

Do you think Storm is better than Tarkin? I do like Tarkin's unresistable Off Down debuffs, and the TM reduction can be quite handy too. But I imagine having a second tough tank like Storm could be pretty handy too.
  • masternad
    37 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    BeWary wrote: »
    I don't be know about ISC since mine is only 5* G8 but I have Krennic at 7* G12 and he kicks some serious tail.

So you're holding up well against the hoard of G12 rebel teams? Do you fall from the top very far? I'm running your team but with Tarkin instead of Storm. I bet storm helps DT stay alive a bit longer with the def boost, eh?

I just got Krennic to G12, and have DT G12 too. Before G12 I could take #1 without much trouble, but my shard has a ton of G12 toons, so it's a little tougher at the moment.

Do you think Storm is better than Tarkin? I do like Tarkin's unresistable Off Down debuffs, and the TM reduction can be quite handy too. But I imagine having a second tough tank like Storm could be pretty handy too.

With a fast CLS, he'll remove the taunt and put down buff immunity down on ShoreT. Thats what I always see him do on opening. Having Storm gives you another toon to taunt, so your AoE guys will not get clobbered by the counters. And speed helps too, I keep my tanks (Shore and Storm) the fastest behind Thrawn than my DT and DN. You can say that you will swap TM with Shore to put up the taunt again, but if they have Baze or DN they are just going to dispell it. I fracture any dispeller they have first before TM swap so my taunts/crit immun stay up after they are activated.

NOTE: 13 of top 20 are G12 CLS teams and I'm the only Thrawn holding overnight into the teens before my climb to 1. So I know Thrawn teams do hold but the order of toon operation is important.

Edit: to add NOTE.
    SWGoH Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/masternad/
    Discord: masternad#8521
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @BeWary
    I love Tarkin, he was my first G12.
    Storm just works better right now for me.

Most of the folks in my top arena have 3-5 toons at G12.

Storm's isn't just a brick wall. He adds survivability to Shore and DT and his TM reduction on taunt is great.

Edit: I've got pretty darn good mods but I have been dropping into the high teens with this setup.
  • Great news. Thanks guys. Good to know it's not a waste to get Empire to G12.
  • BeWary wrote: »
    Great news. Thanks guys. Good to know it's not a waste to get Empire to G12.

Empire is the hard way but it's worth it. I've replaced StormT by GK and he works pretty well also. Good to see Empire toons countering on an R2 AoE when they have retribution, retribution which also increase the potency of Tarkin when countering.
  • Been hitting nr1 last 2 days with zzThrawn zDT ShT DK ST
    https://swgoh.gg/u/thunderdome/
    So Empire are still up there, I just drop hard on defense, my speed mods aren't the best either.
    For zariss teams just fracture gk or use DKs buff immunity when it's up.
    Working on G12 now only DT so far
  • Only mods can hold on defence :D
  • Speaking of mods, what sets are best used for a zzThrawn-ShT-ST-DT-DK/GMT team for each character? I know high speed secondaries are almost must-have.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Speaking of mods, what sets are best used for a zzThrawn-ShT-ST-DT-DK/GMT team for each character? I know high speed secondaries are almost must-have.

Thrawn: Speed Set, Tenacity Set (if his unique is Zeta'd)

Shore: Speed set, Health/Defense Set (as much speed and protection as possible)

Storm: Health/Defense Sets with good speed.

Deathtrooper: Crit Damage set with crit damage Triangle and two protection primaries.

My Krennic isn't really ideally modded I don't think. I have a Speed and Health set with a crit chance triangle and two protection primaries on him. He is pretty fast though at 232 speed so that kind of makes up for it.
  • I found a very fun and competitive Empire squad. I took a gamble and went G12 on Palps to beef up his HP and offense. I'n now running him as lead with a G12 zDT, Krennic, Shore and zThrawn. The TM gains under Palps are insane. DT is going non stop. His AoE will trigger 100% TM if 4/5 toons are debuffed. Same goes for Krennic. Throw in group stun, shock and Offense boost from Palps. Plus the extra potency and health makes everyone very dangerous. Same old story on defense, but at least you don't have to run Rebel scum in arena like every other team out there.
  • Gaidal just put a lot of crit on DK ideal would be offense set, he will be hitting hard against this rebel meta had a 26k critical on his basic the other day
  • I found a very fun and competitive Empire squad. I took a gamble and went G12 on Palps to beef up his HP and offense. I'n now running him as lead with a G12 zDT, Krennic, Shore and zThrawn. The TM gains under Palps are insane. DT is going non stop. His AoE will trigger 100% TM if 4/5 toons are debuffed. Same goes for Krennic. Throw in group stun, shock and Offense boost from Palps. Plus the extra potency and health makes everyone very dangerous. Same old story on defense, but at least you don't have to run Rebel scum in arena like every other team out there.

That's really cool, but I imagine you need a lot of speed to make sure you go first, right? At least if you want to keep Palpatine alive.
  • You just need to ensure your Thrawn is fast as hell. Start the battle with a TM swap with DT. Use his AOE to reduce cooldown and inflict the debuffs. He gets 100% TM and goes again. Then because Shore Taunt is up Thrawn gained TM with the swap. Use fracture and then everyone is gaining TM on every special and TM on debuffs. It's actually a blast to play with against the Rebel meta. Between he increase in TM, stun and Krennic inflicting Stagger the only attacks that hit you are the counters. I get knocked back on defense, but what doesn't nowadays.
  • BeWary wrote: »
    I found a very fun and competitive Empire squad. I took a gamble and went G12 on Palps to beef up his HP and offense. I'n now running him as lead with a G12 zDT, Krennic, Shore and zThrawn. The TM gains under Palps are insane. DT is going non stop. His AoE will trigger 100% TM if 4/5 toons are debuffed. Same goes for Krennic. Throw in group stun, shock and Offense boost from Palps. Plus the extra potency and health makes everyone very dangerous. Same old story on defense, but at least you don't have to run Rebel scum in arena like every other team out there.

That's really cool, but I imagine you need a lot of speed to make sure you go first, right? At least if you want to keep Palpatine alive.

My Palps is only at 178. The TM gains outweigh his initial speed. I can still bump him up if I need to. Another 50 speed is pretty easy.
  • SharkMilkk
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Can a g12 Tarkin make it onto a Thrawn squad in today's meta?
    Thrawn L
    Veers
    DeathTrooper
    Stormtrooper
    Tarkin

I'm aware Krennic is a better fit but can Tarkin still do it? Or would taking Veers out and putting Tarkin in be viable? Veers speed up would be very missed
  • "WHAT'S AHEAD
    A team rises from the ashes stronger as a familiar foe returns."

Finally, the Grand Admiral returns in October! I can finally unlock him, maybe 6* him - 7 might be a stretch...
    Thrawn L
    Veers
    DeathTrooper
    Stormtrooper
    Tarkin

I'm aware Krennic is a better fit but can Tarkin still do it? Or would taking Veers out and putting Tarkin in be viable? Veers speed up would be very missed

In fact, Tarkin is far more valuable considering rebels. He will surely lower their offense while he's tankier than Veers. Thank to his special, he will debuff them, gain 75%TM and Potency Up, which will make him durable.
    But what's worries me in your squad is the absence of Shoretrooper. Critical immunity is far too important in the current meta. You need him that's for sure. So replace Veers and Storm and put Tarkin and Shore.

To C1pher : try to get him to 7*. How many tries you want but do not underestimate the defense he get even if not g12. Every stats are important.
  • Can I do it with maxed abilities, G8 and crap mods and without Chopper? I also need to get 50 Sabine shards, 20 Ezra shards and about 90 Hera shards to get them to 7*
  • The event is not here yet and I would say it depends from your mods. I don't have him 7* but only 5* so I cannot say whether or not it will be possible, yet mine are all 7* (except chopper) and I plan to do whatever I can with them. With maxed abilities they might get a better chance to succeed it since this is what is required for a G8 squad to succeed it, as well as a fast Hera and a nice damage dealer such as Ezra/Sabine or both with a good amount of base damage.
    I saw videos of them succeeding all G8, with omegas everywhere on their uniques. Kanan and Zeb are the most important omegas.
    Thrawn L
    Veers
    DeathTrooper
    Stormtrooper
    Tarkin

My shard is actually moving away from CLS lead and to the more annoying (if that is possible) GK/Zarriss/Nihilus/R2 plus a 5th team.

I'm the case of CLS, I think Tarkin isn't the best. With GK lead, I think he works quite well.