The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    Can a g12 Tarkin make it onto a Thrawn squad in today's meta?
    Thrawn L
    Veers
    DeathTrooper
    Stormtrooper
    Tarkin

I'm aware Krennic is a better fit but can Tarkin still do it? Or would taking Veers out and putting Tarkin in be viable? Veers speed up would be very missed

My shard is actually moving away from CLS lead and to the more annoying (if that is possible) GK/Zarriss/Nihilus/R2 plus a 5th team.

I'm the case of CLS, I think Tarkin isn't the best. With GK lead, I think he works quite well.

I’ve noticed this too! Way more annoying.

And thank you guest account! I’ll head that way
  • Options
    Can a g12 Tarkin make it onto a Thrawn squad in today's meta?
    Thrawn L
    Veers
    DeathTrooper
    Stormtrooper
    Tarkin

I'm aware Krennic is a better fit but can Tarkin still do it? Or would taking Veers out and putting Tarkin in be viable? Veers speed up would be very missed

My shard is actually moving away from CLS lead and to the more annoying (if that is possible) GK/Zarriss/Nihilus/R2 plus a 5th team.

I'm the case of CLS, I think Tarkin isn't the best. With GK lead, I think he works quite well.

I’ve noticed this too! Way more annoying.

And thank you guest account! I’ll head that way

I'm using Tarkin (on the way for gr 12) with Thrawn lead, and in this sea of CLS, he's good. His debuff cannot be resisted, so they get everytime offense down and cc down, reducing the damages when Tarkin calls his AoE. His TMR is very usefull, and since he doesn't crit a lot (potency mods mainly), he's fine against zBariss too. I've managed to do a 22k (no crit) AoE yesterday after loading potency during the battle.
    A zeta on him would make him a tank since opponents are most of the time debuffed.
  • Options
    In a couple of days, I'll have another zeta. I plan to put him on Thrawn lead. Now, I can stay top 20 at my payout without the zeta on his lead. Does his zeta really make a big difference? I also plan to zeta Tarkin unique.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    In a couple of days, I'll have another zeta. I plan to put him on Thrawn lead. Now, I can stay top 20 at my payout without the zeta on his lead. Does his zeta really make a big difference? I also plan to zeta Tarkin unique.

Huge. If he has enough protection and basic stacks, he’s very difficult to take down.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

Huge. If he has enough protection and basic stacks, he’s very difficult to take down.

OK, almost 44k protection for now, a bit more after gr 12 when the event comes back.
  • Options
    Yes it makes a difference. Mine is not, and I don't hold that great against CLS. On the other hand, the only other user in my shard that have him zetaed is ranked 17 because this is an annoying thing to kill.
    And I just put mine G11, G12 is not that hard once I'll get him to 7* so I would say he can have around 60k protection, 2% would be 1200 protection for each debuffs, no that bad to make someone tankier !
  • Options
    Guest wrote: »
    Yes it makes a difference. Mine is not, and I don't hold that great against CLS. On the other hand, the only other user in my shard that have him zetaed is ranked 17 because this is an annoying thing to kill.
    And I just put mine G11, G12 is not that hard once I'll get him to 7* so I would say he can have around 60k protection, 2% would be 1200 protection for each debuffs, no that bad to make someone tankier !

Mine is gr 11 and has nearly 44k protection. Gr 12 does not add a lot of protection. With my current mods (+50% protection), he'll be 49k. DT was better, I passed from 35k to 44k with gr 12.
  • Options
    Hi all.

Grateful for some advice please. I currently run a Sith arena squad but as everyone knows, they really struggle on older shards (I think i am Jan 2016). I have CLS, R2, GK but don't want to try and chase the meta and am thinking an Empire squad once Thrawn returns. So assuming I have Thrawn i'd like to build a team from out of the following (all G11):

Thrawn (leadership zeta?), zVader, TfP, Tarkin (zeta on unique?), Shoretrooper, Stormtrooper, Palpatine.

I'd like Death Trooper but currently all my Cantina is going on getting Ezra starred up.

Grateful for any advice!
  • Options
    I found a very fun and competitive Empire squad. I took a gamble and went G12 on Palps to beef up his HP and offense. I'n now running him as lead with a G12 zDT, Krennic, Shore and zThrawn. The TM gains under Palps are insane. DT is going non stop. His AoE will trigger 100% TM if 4/5 toons are debuffed. Same goes for Krennic. Throw in group stun, shock and Offense boost from Palps. Plus the extra potency and health makes everyone very dangerous. Same old story on defense, but at least you don't have to run Rebel scum in arena like every other team out there.

Sounds interesting.
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    Hi all.

Grateful for some advice please. I currently run a Sith arena squad but as everyone knows, they really struggle on older shards (I think i am Jan 2016). I have CLS, R2, GK but don't want to try and chase the meta and am thinking an Empire squad once Thrawn returns. So assuming I have Thrawn i'd like to build a team from out of the following (all G11):

Thrawn (leadership zeta?), zVader, TfP, Tarkin (zeta on unique?), Shoretrooper, Stormtrooper, Palpatine.

I'd like Death Trooper but currently all my Cantina is going on getting Ezra starred up.

Grateful for any advice!

Thrawn ST ShT are must haves.
    Tarkin's a pretty good choice.
    I'd use TFP on offense only, too squishy. That leaves Vader.
    Ideally you would sub out TFP and Vader for DT, DK, or DN.
  • Options
    GGYY wrote: »
    I found a very fun and competitive Empire squad. I took a gamble and went G12 on Palps to beef up his HP and offense. I'n now running him as lead with a G12 zDT, Krennic, Shore and zThrawn. The TM gains under Palps are insane. DT is going non stop. His AoE will trigger 100% TM if 4/5 toons are debuffed. Same goes for Krennic. Throw in group stun, shock and Offense boost from Palps. Plus the extra potency and health makes everyone very dangerous. Same old story on defense, but at least you don't have to run Rebel scum in arena like every other team out there.

Sounds interesting.
    Hi all.

Grateful for any advice!

Ok Thanks. ☺

I have Nihilus at G11. So Thrawn (lead), Tarkin (zeta on unique), ShoreT and StormT and Nihilus would probably do Ok? Once Thrawn is unlocked I can switch to farming DT.
  • Options

Sounds interesting.
    Hi all.

Grateful for any advice!

Ok Thanks. ☺

I have Nihilus at G11. So Thrawn (lead), Tarkin (zeta on unique), ShoreT and StormT and Nihilus would probably do Ok? Once Thrawn is unlocked I can switch to farming DT.

You would need a dispeller, this is one of the role of DT. Not sure that Thrawn alone as dispeller will be enough.
  • Options
    I'm furiously working on getting my Hera to 7* for the Thrawn event (my remaining Phoenix to 7*).

Then I can maybe get back to my Death Trooper farming. He's woeful right now, suffering from the required Cantina farming of other toons...like Hera.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Same here. I am farming PX shards (now I need just 74 Hera, 20 Ezra and 40 Sabine shards), then DT (5*), ST (5*), ShT (4*) and DK (3*) comes.
  • Options
    Thrawn, DT, Tarkin, Shore, Storm Vs GK/Zarris.

Works pretty well in my opinion. Needs to be completed on full auto. I tried manual before and timed out.

https://youtu.be/fjeTl7VszwU
  • Options
    Thrawn, DT, Tarkin, Shore, Storm Vs GK/Zarris.

Works pretty well in my opinion. Needs to be completed on full auto. I tried manual before and timed out.

https://youtu.be/fjeTl7VszwU

Wow. Would be nice to see your team gear lvl and mods.
  • Options
    The same team with OP CLS hitting for 40k would have been different issue. Still don’t understand why Empire hit for 10k and Rebs for 40k ...
  • Options
    True, we only got 2 heavy hitters and one of them is near impossible to farm - DT and DK.

I wouldn't mind the rebels hitting like the Death Star (irony...) if they didn't have the defense to match it. But they have outrageous defense too.
  • Options
    Hello friends.
    Im about to make a new empire team. I would love some help for the 5th toon in lineup

Im thinking either thrawn or krennic as leaser
    Then I think death trooper and shore trooper.
  • Options
    @PsykoDahl
    Thrawn lead is the way to go. Krennic lead doesn't work in the current meta.

Death and Shore are good.

Either Stormtrooper or Tarkin would make a good 5th in that squad.
  • Options
    @PsykoDahl
    Thrawn lead is the way to go. Krennic lead doesn't work in the current meta.

Death and Shore are good.

Either Stormtrooper or Tarkin would make a good 5th in that squad.

Thank you. Current meta..hm.. it will always be rebel , dark side is miles behind:( . But more fun to use the dark side:P
  • Options
    Managed to get Ezra to 7* today, now only Sabine and Hera are left - then the mod farming for speed.
  • SharkMilkk
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What’s the best empire based teams to run in the raids? I heard that troopers under Veers are animals in phase 2 of the HAAT. Anything else? Can they (The Empire) solo a phase? Any available footage provided would Ben greatly appreciated
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Zader, Thrawn, Zidious, TIE Pilot and the Emperor can end the Rancor fast. I also saw a Thrawn + Jyn duo the Rancor if that's not against your taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83dvD3F5IwY

Chirpa + Palpatine + Thrawn also make quick work of HAAT P3.
  • SharkMilkk
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Zader, Thrawn, Zidious, TIE Pilot and the Emperor can end the Rancor fast. I also saw a Thrawn + Jyn duo the Rancor if that's not against your taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83dvD3F5IwY

Chirpa + Palpatine + Thrawn also make quick work of HAAT P3.

Any replacement for Zid? I can’t bring myself to zeta him just for the ranc :(
    Great vid btw!
  • Options
    If you can make them fast enough than any Empire character can fit, Sidious is just easy to farm and Emperor Palpatine is also fairly easy to unlock. Zader is needed for TM removal and massive damage, Thrawn needed for speed up, debuff and cleanse, TFP for tenacity down, the others are up to you.
  • GGYY
    47 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What’s the best empire based teams to run in the raids? I heard that troopers under Veers are animals in phase 2 of the HAAT. Anything else? Can they (The Empire) solo a phase? Any available footage provided would Ben greatly appreciated

Zader teams can still solo HPit, just less relevant these days thanks to CLS.

Elder Zader team can do up to 5 million in HAAT P2.

Imperial Grand Maneuver can solo P3.
    Tiepatine and Chirpatine teams do reasonably well in the same phase as well.

Imperial Troopers are good for a million or two in P2/4.

• Options

Zader teams can still solo HPit, just less relevant these days thanks to CLS.

Elder Zader team can do up to 5 million in HAAT P2.

Imperial Grand Maneuver can solo P3.
    Tiepatine and Chirpatine teams do reasonably well in the same phase as well.

Imperial Troopers are good for a million or two in P2/4.

Can do 1.6M in P2 with Veers, Storm, Snow, DT and Tarkin. I think I could do better with Magma but he's not yet done.
  • Options
    Hey guys I'm from a aug 17 shard and was playing just following my instincts till I realized I f+cked up by not playing with our "beloved" rebels meta. So now I want to make a full dark side team and just play for the fun on my main account!

I know this thread is more focused about empire but just wanted to know if in the 70's with no pressure to make it to the top 50 or 100 in any moment it's a EP(L), Thrawn, Nihilus, Kylo and Tusken Shaman useful for something or at least fun to play? If not who do you suggest in replacement for the TS? Thanks in advance!

Ps: I'm F2P and this is my roster.
  • Options
    Hey guys I'm from a aug 17 shard and was playing just following my instincts till I realized I f+cked up by not playing with our "beloved" rebels meta. So now I want to make a full dark side team and just play for the fun on my main account!

I know this thread is more focused about empire but just wanted to know if in the 70's with no pressure to make it to the top 50 or 100 in any moment it's a EP(L), Thrawn, Nihilus, Kylo and Tusken Shaman useful for something or at least fun to play? If not who do you suggest in replacement for the TS? Thanks in advance!

Ps: I'm F2P and this is my roster.

If you're adamant about using Palpatine as lead, then I'd swap in GK. Your team has no tank nor cleanser, and he does both. Or Zariss if GK is inaccessible, at least she'll keep them alive longer.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I read many times that people don't use TFP anymore because he is too squishy. I guess many have shifted to DT/DK for offensive firepower in an Empire squad.

But I wonder, has anyone tried him at gear 12? He gets a major health boost there Does he become somewhat viable again?