The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• I’m finding that veers is a better fit than Krennic. He’s much tannkier and the speed he gives the other troopers is fantastic
  • SharkMilkk wrote: »
    I’m finding that veers is a better fit than Krennic. He’s much tannkier and the speed he gives the other troopers is fantastic

He's tankier but with the zeta on DT, Krennic cannot be crit. I have Krennic gear 11 (5*) but don't use him due to the lack of zeta on DT for now. I either use Veers or Tarkin. Veers on defense is not as good as Tarkin imo due to his AoE. Tarkin also has an AoE but he uses first IT and it reduces counter damages.
  • SharkMilkk wrote: »
    I’m finding that veers is a better fit than Krennic. He’s much tannkier and the speed he gives the other troopers is fantastic

There is no comparison between Veers and Krennic when Deathtrooper is also in the line up.

22-33k crits (depending on how many Rebels and debuffs), revive DT with first special, damage bonus to DT, feeding TM to DT, and crit immunity from DT. It's all just too good to pass up in my opinion.

On top of that, you need to get your first kill for Veers to start shining in arena. On defense, that most likely won't happen and if it does, Veers will be dead by then.
  • Hi guys
    i play with zzthrawn krennic zdt shore anc rg/nihilus. but i start to farming stormtrooper because i see is much better than rg(rg is powerfoul but his taunt is too slow for current meta, i lost 1 pg before he taunt).
    Which mod on storm? defence or health? protection primary? How much speed?

thx
  • LordInuy wrote: »
    Hi guys
    i play with zzthrawn krennic zdt shore anc rg/nihilus. but i start to farming stormtrooper because i see is much better than rg(rg is powerfoul but his taunt is too slow for current meta, i lost 1 pg before he taunt).

thx

I have him all defense, prot primary on cross and 180 speed
  • So, are we pretty much set on the idea that you need two tanks in an empire team? Shore + Storm/GK?

Is anyone running zeta Krennic lead to any success against this meta or does GK/Barris/Rex pretty much obsolete this?
  • Dryff wrote: »
    So, are we pretty much set on the idea that you need two tanks in an empire team? Shore + Storm/GK?

Is anyone running zeta Krennic lead to any success against this meta or does GK/Barris/Rex pretty much obsolete this?

I am still waiting to see Shore + KRU as the two tanks in an empire team.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dryff wrote: »
    So, are we pretty much set on the idea that you need two tanks in an empire team? Shore + Storm/GK?

Most players like running Shore and Storm together but you can get away with just one if your toons are close to maxed.

I run Thrawn, DK, DT, Tarkin, and Storm.

I have Shore at G12 but I've found the above setup to be better on offense and still holds well on defense.

Krennic is completely maxed, Thrawn is once piece away from maxed, and DT and Tarkin both have a piece of Armatek and are Zeta'd.

zKrennic Lead can somewhat work in arena. zBarriss and GK both give his lead problems. Crit and they heal, don't crit and you aren't inflicting ability block. The problem is coming back when RNG isn't favorable. You need to both be strategic and lucky to beat top comps in arena. Too much work in my opinion.

• Hey guys. I run trooper squad with zDK(L) zDT zVeers Shore Snow, can usually stay in top 50. They take the chaze Wiggs teams with ease.
  • pinkfloyd wrote: »
    LordInuy wrote: »
    Hi guys

thx

prot primary only on cross? triangle, circle and arrow?

I thinking to put speed on arrow and prot on other, with set defence/health...can be good? my shore is 205 speed, storm may be slower than the shore?
  • You mean CLS lead Wiggs and Chaze?

I ran into some pretty mean node 12 GW lately. A CLS-R2-Han-Kenobi-Thrawn once ate up 6 teams before I managed to beat it. And there was the CLS-Chirrut-Baze-Jyn-R2 combo, which also was brutal due to the rez.
    pinkfloyd wrote: »
    Hi guys

thx

I thinking to put speed on arrow and prot on other, with set defence/health...can be good? my shore is 205 speed, storm may be slower than the shore?

If you are going to use two tanks like I do (shore+storm) you don't need that much protection, I have speed on arrow and attack on triangle, only have prot on cross and circle and it works good, most of the times enemies can't even get thru protection on both tanks.
    Hi guys

thx

I like Storm to be really fast, so he can protect Thrawn , most battles start with cls dispelling shore with buff immunity.
    Also on defense it's good to have Storm taunting before DT throws his grenade.
    My Storm has a speed set, 2 protection primaries and one defense primary, his speed is 228.
  • thanks for the help, start with the clearer ideas
  • There is lots of talk here about Empire strategy in the Arena, but what about raids?

Does anyone have any luck/advice for strict Empire teams against the AAT phases? Do any certain combinations/leaders work better in certain phases?
  • Not really. I saw Veers-led troopers do 4M+ damage, but the others (especially Resistance or Clones) are just way better.
  • swankerme wrote: »
    There is lots of talk here about Empire strategy in the Arena, but what about raids?

Does anyone have any luck/advice for strict Empire teams against the AAT phases? Do any certain combinations/leaders work better in certain phases?

I run Veers, DT, Snow, Storm and Tarkin for HAAT P2 and can do between 1.3-1.8M. Resistance is better for sure but I don't have them geared and it's not on my plan.
  • swankerme wrote: »
    There is lots of talk here about Empire strategy in the Arena, but what about raids?

in p3 i try to use thrawn lead, shore cls jyn and rhan, i can finish in solo but require a lot of time and decent rng cause jyn and cls can be resisted by r2 and he can take a turn. yeasterday he apply ability block to shore, i can't taunt and lost shore by cannon. i try a full empire team and i haven't a good result, only near million
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Now that I made Tarking G11 I can break into the top 50. Can't hold it, but at least get in.
    zzThrawn-Shore-Strom-Death-zTarkin. My plan is to try to G12 Storm or Tarkin next while I farm the last 99 shard of DT, then G12 him then start buying Shore shards since he's stuck at 5*. Then either start on Krennic or farm mods hoping for good results. Thoughts?
  • Now that I made Tarking G11 I can break into the top 50. Can't hold it, but at least get in.
    zzThrawn-Shore-Strom-Death-zTarkin. My plan is to try to G12 Storm or Tarkin next while I farm the last 99 shard of DT, then G12 him then start buying Shore shards since he's stuck at 5*. Then either start on Krennic or farm mods hoping for good results. Thoughts?

it depends on your battles, for example my tanks don't lose protection in my fights so I'd prioritize others for the g12 upgrade.
    DT benefits the most out of stars since he's an attacker, also the bayonet (post g12 gear) makes a noticeable difference to his damage. so I'd take him to 7* asap.
    now regarding shore's hard node, I 3 starred it with g8 Phoenix and a borrowed cls, it was easy, just keep them alive and call cls to assist by Hera's and Ezra's specials and he'll do all the damage.

• I really want Krennic to work. But I'm not having luck with him. And he is at G12. My current best team is Thrawn (L) (G10), EP (G11), zzTarkin (G12), TFP (G12), Shore (G11). I can't seem to find any other combination quite as effective. Even with Death Trooper at G11, I can't beat the raw damage output of TFP and the stuns of EP.

(All my Empire are 7 star)
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    I haven't read all 118 pages, but why stormtrooper instead of Nihilus? Wouldn't the dispel, cooldown increase, and Annihilate make this team that much more deadly? (Yes, Deathtrooper has cooldown increase. Why not double it?)

I think Annihilate is a way to kill your Shore faster. But this is only opinion. I never used Ni
    This is from today, imp vs CLS full auto: https://youtu.be/80pBxUZIvjE

I love how it takes them a minute and a half to get through the protection on the tanks.

If most teams let Han live that long, he kills them all.

Most? I think there is no team to survive Han so long. :)
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Is a gear12 Palpatine viable in top 50 arena (mature shard)? I use Nihilus as 5th but would like to go all Empire. Mindful that Han and CLS could destroy him in round 1 though.

By the way, isn't Raid Han a bit OP? CLS / Han / R2. When has the dark side anything comparable to those 3 OP characters??

Palp can die at g
    swankerme wrote: »
    I really want Krennic to work. But I'm not having luck with him. And he is at G12. My current best team is Thrawn (L) (G10), EP (G11), zzTarkin (G12), TFP (G12), Shore (G11). I can't seem to find any other combination quite as effective. Even with Death Trooper at G11, I can't beat the raw damage output of TFP and the stuns of EP.

(All my Empire are 7 star)

Why You need stuns?
  • @swankerme do you have the Zeta on DT?

That's required for Krooper to work in arena.

Those two together are much more durable and do more damage than EP and TFP.

I have TFP at G12 and one piece of Armatek but my maxed Krennic still lasts longer and does much more damage.

The medpack for Krennic adds a lot of survivability with DT restoring so much health from his crits.
  • Yes I have DT zetad, and two pieces from G12. Both chars are modded for CC because I don't have CD mods. But I've tried...for me they don't compete in the arena. TFP is just so fast and hits so many times. And most arena teams don't mod for tenacity, so EPs stuns usually land.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    swankerme wrote: »
    Yes I have DT zetad, and two pieces from G12. Both chars are modded for CC because I don't have CD mods. But I've tried...for me they don't compete in the arena. TFP is just so fast and hits so many times. And most arena teams don't mod for tenacity, so EPs stuns usually land.

So it means that you have better rank with ep and tfp than with dt and dk? I used to play with palp but krenic works for me better. I agree that tfp hits harder. But Palp 7 star gear10 is gone faster than Krennic 5 star g10. Han easily can shot Palp and he cant do this to Krennic.
  • So, when do you guys think we'll get Admiral Versio and Inferno Squad? (The campaign was awesome btw)
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • I'd say after the movie and th EP VIII toons so around February. Maybe.
  • Mandalor
    37 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mandalor219/collection/?sort=power&sort_direction=desc&f=empire

This is my current Empire Collection. (still working on it)
    Normally i use Thrawn lead,Tarkin,DT,DK and Shore for the Arena. But the deff is not so good. Offensiv is fine.

Now i am trying Thrawn,DT,DK,Shore and Stormtrooper, i hope the deff is better.

With my normal Squad i can reach top 10 (with refresh),but loosing too many places overnight.

Can someone give me tipps and or help,to be better?

P.S. is zeta on Stormtrooper good or should i safe the zeta for something else?
    Post edited by Mandalor on
  • That zeta on Stormtrooper is a strange one. I'd avoid it.
  • Yeah it's seems useless.
    But on the other side, I think many opponents target deathtrooper first. So he maybe dies and stormi get his zeta bonus.then DK use his special and revive deathtrooper and Stormi still have the attack bonus.