The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• BB-8? Please explain how that would work. I have it at 6* myself (no chance to 7* him unless I spend 2k $$$ which I won't).
    You want to use his specials to increase potency, I guess - but his second special has a outrageously large timer which works well in a Resistance team, but not so much with others, isn't that right?

I want to use his second special to increase dmg. Large timer yes but it really goes fast, bb8 goes first and apply secret intel, then if you use special for example on shore taunt, shore gains secret intel and cooldown of bb8 is reduced by number of everyone who has secret intel. It really goes fast. Thrawn is giving a special to empire to clean so this also reduce the cooldown of bb8. When second special on bb8 is ready everyone gains protection, 80% turn meter, whole team is cleansed from debuffs and they gain offense, crit dmg, crit chance advantage speed up buffs. Enemies are exposed. So whole team goes first couse mostly they have 100 TM. Huge increase in dmg. If Thrawn can use Fracture so he will do around 50k. On Basic he can hit like 30k. For 4 rounds. Increase of potency is additional bonus. I have lags and my fights are many times as a draw. I cant really go to top1. I dont loose on offense but cannot go up. So this is my solution for lags. :)
  • What do you guys think if they gave palpatine a brand new unique called the rule of 2 ? And what would you guys have this unique do
    See my post a couple above yours.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    BB-8? Please explain how that would work. I have it at 6* myself (no chance to 7* him unless I spend 2k $$$ which I won't).
    You want to use his specials to increase potency, I guess - but his second special has a outrageously large timer which works well in a Resistance team, but not so much with others, isn't that right?

I want to use his second special to increase dmg. Large timer yes but it really goes fast, bb8 goes first and apply secret intel, then if you use special for example on shore taunt, shore gains secret intel and cooldown of bb8 is reduced by number of everyone who has secret intel. It really goes fast. Thrawn is giving a special to empire to clean so this also reduce the cooldown of bb8. When second special on bb8 is ready everyone gains protection, 80% turn meter, whole team is cleansed from debuffs and they gain offense, crit dmg, crit chance advantage speed up buffs. Enemies are exposed. So whole team goes first couse mostly they have 100 TM. Huge increase in dmg. If Thrawn can use Fracture so he will do around 50k. On Basic he can hit like 30k. For 4 rounds. Increase of potency is additional bonus. I have lags and my fights are many times as a draw. I cant really go to top1. I dont loose on offense but cannot go up. So this is my solution for lags. :)

So you plan to take out one of the highest damage dealers in the game and put in bb8 so that hopefully after 4 rounds sht and storm will hit a little harder?
  • What do you guys think if they gave palpatine a brand new unique called the rule of 2 ? And what would you guys have this unique do
    See my post a couple above yours.

Not bad
  • Has everyone seen the last Jedi? It was AMAZING, one of my favorites
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • No. Couldn't get tickets so most likely I'll see it in 2018.
  • I've some problem to beat th rjt team, some advice?
    I play the classic empire with thraw dk, dt, sht, storm
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    LordInuy wrote: »
    I've some problem to beat th rjt team, some advice?
    I play the classic empire with thraw dk, dt, sht, storm
    Can You write about opposing team?
  • I hear you have to stop BB8 first, then you can fight them.
  • I fight against rjt, bb8, r2, gk, cls. I play zzthrawn 268 speed, dk 209, dt 212, sht 202 and storm 219. All zetas, i can't beat them, i fight with gk and i kill rey and bb8 but finish the time
  • What I've found is that you have to fracture JTRey. If you fracture anyone else, you're gonna have a bad time. If I need to fracture OB to get rid of a taunt, I try to minimize the use of abilities so the fracture ends quickly.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    I fight against rjt, bb8, r2, gk, cls. I play zzthrawn 268 speed, dk 209, dt 212, sht 202 and storm 219. All zetas, i can't beat them, i fight with gk and i kill rey and bb8 but finish the time
    Do You have lags? Or fight is so long? Couse it seems that you can beat them but time is a constraint.
  • What I've found is that you have to fracture JTRey. If you fracture anyone else, you're gonna have a bad time. If I need to fracture OB to get rid of a taunt, I try to minimize the use of abilities so the fracture ends quickly.

Fracturing BB8 also works as it blunts JTRey.

Generally if you can knock either BB8 or JTRey out of the fight it becomes a cakewalk.
  • LordInuy wrote: »
    I fight against rjt, bb8, r2, gk, cls. I play zzthrawn 268 speed, dk 209, dt 212, sht 202 and storm 219. All zetas, i can't beat them, i fight with gk and i kill rey and bb8 but finish the time

I'm running this team but GK instead of Storm now. I've fought this team twice and it's not the hardest that I've beat. Fracture BB-8 or Rey first.
  • I think a team that beats them fairly easily is

Thrawn (L)

Shore trooper

Death Trooper

Emporer Palpatine

Imperial Probe Droid
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Yeah, well, IPD is far out of my reach. I wish I had it, seems useful.

On paper, would IPD serve better than Tarkin or Krennic in the classic 4 lineup?
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    I had two fights against New Rey. First I lost badly, my first move was to swap tm with dt and trying to dispell buffs. That was a mistake. So second time i swap tm with shore and made taunt. That was the key to win. Crit imunity is important when New Rey is a leader. Than they couldnt crit so no exposes, no tm lost for my team and i could focus on bb8. When bb8 was gone the fight was over. There was no problem to finish them.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    I had two fights against New Rey. First I lost badly, my first move was to swap tm with dt and trying to dispell buffs. That was a mistake. So second time i swap tm with shore and made taunt. That was the key to win. Crit imunity is important when New Rey is a leader. Than they couldnt crit so no exposes, no tm lost for my team and i could focus on bb8. When bb8 was gone the fight was over. There was no problem to finish them.

but how do you do without fracturing gk? if I do not fracture it is in continuous taunt and I can not attack rey or bb8
    Gawejn wrote: »

but how do you do without fracturing gk? if I do not fracture it is in continuous taunt and I can not attack rey or bb8

My fracture was on second move
  • I've been MIA in this thread for a bit, so forgive me if this has been brought up recently, but I've been thinking about a new squad composition that might be useful against JRey.

zKrennic(L), zTarkin, zDT, zThrawn, and BB-8

Krennic
    If at G12 with at least the health boosts, Krennic should survive because of DT.

Tarkin
    If at G12 with at least the health boosts, and with the potency boost from Krennic's lead and BB-8's buff, Tarkin should survive.

BB-8
    Getting him to G12 and putting a zeta on him to recover health/prot on evade seems like a good idea.

Thrawn
    Could possibly get murdered with no tank to protect him, so maybe replacing him with ShT is a better idea. However, the unresistable stun on AB'd opponents is hard to pass up.

Pros
    With the CC and Potency boost from Krennic, and the AOE's from Krennic, Tarkin, and DT, those 3 should be regularly getting 40-50% protection boosts.
    Critical hits ability block debuffed opponents, so with the 3 AOE's, that should be lots of AB's.
    Thrawn stuns AB'd opponents, which is unresistable, and of course Thrawn is awesome all around.
    BEST PART - when BB-8 kicks off ID, Tarkin can do massive damage. I've only been able to test this in AI battles, but I easily got a 66k AOE from Tarkin after ID popped.

Cons
    No Thrawn lead, so little cleansing and no TM on debuff.
    No tank.

Anybody willing to try this team and see how it works? I don't yet have a zeta on Krennic nor BB-8, so I cannot ATM.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    BeWary wrote: »
    I've been MIA in this thread for a bit, so forgive me if this has been brought up recently, but I've been thinking about a new squad composition that might be useful against JRey.

Krennic
    If at G12 with at least the health boosts, Krennic should survive because of DT.

Tarkin
    If at G12 with at least the health boosts, and with the potency boost from Krennic's lead and BB-8's buff, Tarkin should survive.

BB-8
    Getting him to G12 and putting a zeta on him to recover health/prot on evade seems like a good idea.

Thrawn
    Could possibly get murdered with no tank to protect him, so maybe replacing him with ShT is a better idea. However, the unresistable stun on AB'd opponents is hard to pass up.

Pros
    With the CC and Potency boost from Krennic, and the AOE's from Krennic, Tarkin, and DT, those 3 should be regularly getting 40-50% protection boosts.
    Critical hits ability block debuffed opponents, so with the 3 AOE's, that should be lots of AB's.
    Thrawn stuns AB'd opponents, which is unresistable, and of course Thrawn is awesome all around.
    BEST PART - when BB-8 kicks off ID, Tarkin can do massive damage. I've only been able to test this in AI battles, but I easily got a 66k AOE from Tarkin after ID popped.

Cons
    No tank.

Anybody willing to try this team and see how it works? I don't yet have a zeta on Krennic nor BB-8, so I cannot ATM.

Without Shore and crit imunity this team will be very slow against Rey. I am not against this to try but my bb8 is only g9.
  • I had an arena battle today for the 48th spot - JTRey, zeta Old Ben, BB8, R2, Luke. R2 was faster than me and hid them but Death Trooper made quick work of both the stealth and secret intel. Managed to fracture BB8, then Ben taunted. Still killed BB8 with Tarkin then it was a rather fast work.
  • BeWary wrote: »
    I've been MIA in this thread for a bit, so forgive me if this has been brought up recently, but I've been thinking about a new squad composition that might be useful against JRey.

Krennic

Tarkin

BB-8

Thrawn

Pros

Cons
    No tank.

i've a maxed krennic death and thrawn. I don't have bb8 but krennic leader if the opponent have gk are useless, i try him but i switch to thrawn soon.
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    edited December 2017

My fracture was on second move

with new stragegy is almost easy to beat a rey team, thx u all

I've another question, best totally empire team al thrawn krennic death storm and shore, with the possibly to insert tarkin or veers.
    but an hybrid team can be more powerfull? gk and nihilus can be a possibly substitute some toon? with new rey team can change something?
  • Has anyone tested Starck? Is he good in the Arena?
  • Has anyone tested Starck? Is he good in the Arena?

I've him only 6* and gear x, but is too squishy for me
    I don't like his AI in defense, he use the third ability instead the second at first, nonsense for me, the second give tm and boost all troopers. I like troopers in gw, he start every battle with full tm, but for arena i think isn't usefull
  • Is it me or is tarkin lackluster of a character outside of his star destroyer?
    Has anyone tested Starck? Is he good in the Arena?

I've him only 6* and gear x, but is too squishy for me
    I don't like his AI in defense, he use the third ability instead the second at first, nonsense for me, the second give tm and boost all troopers. I like troopers in gw, he start every battle with full tm, but for arena i think isn't usefull

As far as I can tell, he makes Troopers stronger against teams they were already good against, and worse against teams they were weak against.

For example, against Nightsisters Starck is incredible. If you get him fast enough he can go 1st or 2nd thanks to good base speed. With that, he can give everyone buffs and get all your Troopers to go before the NS can start putting their debuffs on you. As soon as that happens and Snowtrooper starts popping off, it's over.

But, against other meta teams, he's ONLY useful as a semi-regular dispel and small TM-booster. Any team with a GK will destroy his usefulness, as the crit-immunity renders his buffs worthless. Add to that the fact that you lose a Stormtrooper by having him on the team, and it's a big negative.

So, basically, pray that NS become meta.
    Wrotton wrote: »
    Is it me or is tarkin lackluster of a character outside of his star destroyer?

Yeah, he is. He can work in a team like Thrawn, Deathtrooper, krennic, Shore, Tarkin... however it's usually better to switch him for Stormtrooper.
  • I forgot to share my tale building Empire since I started playing the game:

https://youtu.be/3QU78gDHDuQ

Hope this little story inspires you all! For the Empire!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • ... And I forgot to share some IPD gameplay after a long grid to gear him up! Against Jedi Rey it rocks!

https://youtu.be/29gJfu6LJMs
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith