The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Ronoaldo wrote: »
    ... And I forgot to share some IPD gameplay after a long grid to gear him up! Against Jedi Rey it rocks!

https://youtu.be/29gJfu6LJMs

Thanks @Ronoaldo ! I've been struggling lately with my Empire team, so it's nice to have hope once I get my hands on IPD. :)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    IPD is key for Empire players facing Rey(JT). Hope to get it soon.
  • BeWary wrote: »
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    ... And I forgot to share some IPD gameplay after a long grid to gear him up! Against Jedi Rey it rocks!

Thanks @Ronoaldo ! I've been struggling lately with my Empire team, so it's nice to have hope once I get my hands on IPD. :)

Any thoughts on this team with Wampa in place of DT?
  • So I just switched to a new arena team. Thrawn(2 zetas), dt zeta, krennic, shore, storm, all g12. Right now I have thrawn modded for speed (266), dt and krennic for crit chance and cd, shore for prot with speed around 200, and storm more speed than anything (216) trusting his defense to make him survive. Is there a better way to mod? Should I be shooting for a specific turn order?

https://swgoh.gg/u/elebrind/
    Thanks
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Elebrind wrote: »
    So I just switched to a new arena team. Thrawn(2 zetas), dt zeta, krennic, shore, storm, all g12. Right now I have thrawn modded for speed (266), dt and krennic for crit chance and cd, shore for prot with speed around 200, and storm more speed than anything (216) trusting his defense to make him survive. Is there a better way to mod? Should I be shooting for a specific turn order?

https://swgoh.gg/u/elebrind/
    Thanks

Good speed and mods but Storm could have a bit more protection. He doesn't need a defense triangle, he already has enough defense bonus. I personally put CC/CD mods on him. His basic has a high damage variance and he can crit for 15k+ id correctly modded. Storm is a mix between a tank and an attacker, therefore the CC/CD mods that I put on him.
    ShT needs speed, yours is fine. Mine is 182 but modded for Defense (+10% bonus) + Health (+5% bonus).

EDIT: even if you have zDT, I would have put more protection on Krennic. He cannot be crit when DT is alive but his HP decreases nevertheless fast.
  • Thanks, moved some mods around. Put offense mods on storm with a crit damage primary, thinking that when he doesn't crit he exposes, but when he does he'll get the extra damage. And put cross and circle prot primaries on krennic.
  • I finally managed to 7* Shore, now to get him to G12. Any idea how sould I mod this team?

zzThrawn - Speed/Tenacity - speed 237
    zTarkin (unique) - Speed/Potency - speed 188, potency 58.04%
    Death Trooper - Crit Chance/Damage - speed 165, cd 216%, potency 47.5% for Daze
    Stormtrooper - full Defense - speed 202
    Shoretrooper - Defense/Tenacity - speed 184
  • Oh noooo. Chimaera event before the Home One :(
  • Oh noooo. Chimaera event before the Home One :(

Don't have the citation offhand, but I hear they're adjusting Home One so the two events overlap.
  • It looks like your on track @C1pher_Five. I'd definitely go with some damage mods on storm, his defense is so good as is

Also, they announced there will be a change and the home one event will happen before the end of chimera event.
  • Oh my. These new JTR teams are a real pain. If I do not have IPD, how can we counter them? Like, JTR-BB8-R2-CLS-Thrawn teams?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Oh my. These new JTR teams are a real pain. If I do not have IPD, how can we counter them? Like, JTR-BB8-R2-CLS-Thrawn teams?

They're really hard to counter. Without Kenobi, it's easier. When Rey uses her special to remove taunt from ShT, swap TM with ShT so he gain taunt again. He will then be fractured by Thrawn. Try to dispel buffs and fracture Rey or BB-8 if no GK.
    You also need very good mods with them even, even with TM gain from Thrawn lead.
  • I'm thinking of building a full troopers with Starck. Did somebody try it against Rey(JT)? zVeers, ShT, DT, Starck, Snow. Less efficient maybe against CLS teams but a lot of firepower.
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    i run that in gw, obvs not the same as arena but they hit very hard and with great tm manipulation. in principle they could do well but ive never tried. starck was a bit squishy in tw. my empire (thrawn L, sh, dk, dt, gmt) get smashed by jtr at the moment. my troopers are only g11 mainly at the moment. would love to try them out, as IPD is a long way away for me. we got one shard last 2 tbs ! oops.

im actually very close to g12 snow, is he worth it? the final bit of gear is a nightmare, stungun+biotech+mki4 zaltin bacta thing. also has anyone zetad starkc yet, is the tm/prot gain noticebale? sees quite small, up to 10% tm and 3% prot.

cheers
  • BeWary wrote: »
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Any thoughts on this team with Wampa in place of DT?

I did not unlocked Wampa yet, sadly :( hope to get him soon. Wampa in arena should work fine in this lineup!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I quickly tested Starck in my line up yesterday since he's not enough geared and starred to stay in the team for now. It's very promising though. The CC/CD buffs really allow Empire to hit hard, especially Krennic and DT. So, I've removed Kenobi and put Starck to run Thrawn(L), ShT, DT, Krennic, Starck. More hitters against Rey(JT) is more efficient than 2 tanks imo.

I still have to test Thrawn(L), DT, ShT, Starck, Veers, all gr 12 but Starck gr 10. I will maybe also test Veers lead with Thrawn in the team too but I think TM gain coming from debuffs is more important for now than TM gain coming from buffs. To be tested ...
  • I don't see the Home One event moved and the Chimaera begins tomorrow...
  • They extended chimera 1 day, so the last day of chimera will be same as home one.
  • DarthMatt2004
    114 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi, Im trying to run an Empire Team but Im still far from finished. I v got Thrawn and I'm able to get Palpatine when his event comes round. I ve got Vader, RG, and some shards away from storm. Im still level 63 so no DT, DK or Shore.

I was thinking on running EP, DV, Thrawn, Storm and RG, but Boba even though he hasn't any synergy with them, is very useful (he sometimes one shots my Phoenix Team in Arena) and his auto revive is a great addition to the team. I also have Tarkin and Tie Fighter Pilot in my roster, so I'm mixed up. What do you recommend?

https://swgoh.gg/u/imperialgaming/
    MS
  • TFP is a fantastic early/mid game Empire character, plus he has one of the best ships in game.
  • I want to share.
    So i just put one piece of g12 on Krenic, this one with Resistance Penetration and gave him Crit dmg triangle. Krenic is doing big dmg on basic right now. Once CLS got hit 29997 dmg. Han 30k, Chirut 30k. Baze 25k. Very cool:)

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Gmytrix wrote: »
    I want to share.
    So i just put one piece of g12 on Krenic, this one with Resistance Penetration and gave him Crit dmg triangle. Krenic is doing big dmg on basic right now. Once CLS got hit 29997 dmg. Han 30k, Chirut 30k. Baze 25k. Very cool:)

Krennic is really better when geared and starred too. I was running him at 6* until last weekend, he's now 7* gr 11 (almost 12) and he's doing more damage than before. He's really a good hitter and his kit is great with zDT (also his revive is nice). I can regularly beat some good Rey(JT) teams, but it's 50/50 for now.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Gmytrix wrote: »
    I want to share.

Krennic is really better when geared and starred too. I was running him at 6* until last weekend, he's now 7* gr 11 (almost 12) and he's doing more damage than before. He's really a good hitter and his kit is great with zDT (also his revive is nice). I can regularly beat some good Rey(JT) teams, but it's 50/50 for now.

Yes, Krenic in last fight hit Han 34k on basic. New record:). If he would have crit dmg set so it would be more than 40k on basic. This is huge dmg. I was having a problem with dmg output with my Empire but right now this team will be very unpredictable on defense. I will also put zeta on Storm. If 3 toons will die Storm will have 120% offense boost, with right mods like offense or crit dmg his basic would do some good dmg at the end of the fight.
  • Ok, now i drop like a stone in arena...too many cls now, he win too easy with empire...i wish a palp zeta to be more competitive
  • LordInuy wrote: »
    Ok, now i drop like a stone in arena...too many cls now, he win too easy with empire...i wish a palp zeta to be more competitive

I tried the usual empire team thrawn lead, krennic, DT, shore, storm. Can win in offence, but drop like stone. I return to my titans bcause yes they is drop also, but not too far far away.

Yes wish palp zeta can make a difference
    *wishful thinkin :/
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    LordInuy wrote: »
    Ok, now i drop like a stone in arena...too many cls now, he win too easy with empire...i wish a palp zeta to be more competitive

I tried the usual empire team thrawn lead, krennic, DT, shore, storm. Can win in offence, but drop like stone. I return to my titans bcause yes they is drop also, but not too far far away.

Yes wish palp zeta can make a difference
    *wishful thinkin :/

I run this team but Kenobi instead of Storm. I drop less with that team than a full Empire. Kenobi's kit really helps, especially his crit immunity on the first turn (when Han double shots, the second shot doesn't crit thanks to Kenobi).
  • I am so absolutely fed up with CLS and zHan. They can end a character in 1 turn and both can ignore taunt. It's ridiculous.

So, I was thinking. The base 4 characters are pretty much set for a viable arena team - Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Death. But who is the best 5th? Tarkin, Krennic, Probe Droid, Veers, Starck or Wampa?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I am so absolutely fed up with CLS and zHan. They can end a character in 1 turn and both can ignore taunt. It's ridiculous.

So, I was thinking. The base 4 characters are pretty much set for a viable arena team - Thrawn, Shore, Storm, Death. But who is the best 5th? Tarkin, Krennic, Probe Droid, Veers, Starck or Wampa?

Put Krennic if you have a zeta on DT and well geared. Don't put Veers against CLS because of his AoE. Tarkin is also good against CLS teams because his debuffs cannot be resisted by Rebels. I haven't tested against Rey. Use Starck if you want to run Veers lead, otherwise he's not needed. I think Wampa will be better with some DoT teams. IPD is one of the best Empire too, so he can easily be 5th.
    So, I would say Krennic and IPD first, then Tarkin.
  • OK, thanks. Looks like I will need to farm Krennic after all... and Starck to get IPD shards.

How would you mod Krennic and IPD?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    OK, thanks. Looks like I will need to farm Krennic after all... and Starck to get IPD shards.

How would you mod Krennic and IPD?

Krennic with CC/CD mods, because he really hurts when he crits. Protection on circle and cross. His basic is one of the most powerful in the game.
    I don't have IPD yet but I think a mix between Potency mods and Health mods is good for him since you want that Target Lock on a maximum of enemies.