The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• I've been taking first (this week) on a Dec 15 shard with zeta palp lead, vader, shore, Thrawn and DT. Forget GK.....Darkside or death!
  • cuyler41 wrote: »
    I've been taking first (this week) on a Dec 15 shard with zeta palp lead, vader, shore, Thrawn and DT. Forget GK.....Darkside or death!

Was running the same for awhile, held up pretty well. As much as it pained me, I finally benched my maxed DT for DN. Found that the health down from zeta gave everyone more TM then dazes did, plus needed a more reliable buff wipe.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Something is broken with resist in this game my GMT was just resisted on his basic. He has no debuffs on his basic.

Yep. Agreed. My Palp (whose potency is over the 85%+ threshold) just threw "Power of the Darkside" and stunned 0 out of 4. Usually I am landing 1 out of 3 or 4 - once in a great while 2. There is something not right with potency/tenacity checks lately - especially involving either JTRey (on defense) or Palp (on offense).

I wish I had confidence that everything since the rework was "WAI" but given the history of bugs in this game, I simply presume that it's bugged and we're just not sure how yet.

I zeta'd palps unique today and I put all protection on him. His drop in potency doesn't seem to matter at all. This is how he should be moded until further notice, even if you don't have his unique zeta'd.

modding palp (when used in lead especially) for potency is pretty much always useless, unless you're facing alot of 97% tenacity toon ofcourse.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Im top 10 in Arena. I've been running Empire from day 1 in Arena. They used to suck but now i will take 1st place. I beat all the meta teams. I run EP zeta lead Vader,Thrawn,Storm,and Shore. EP leadership is the 1st thing you should zeta its like night and day. JTR squads I throw in Grand Moff and take out Storm.Im still shocked that Empire is meta
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    page 127 wauwzers
    I joined the dark side once again. Hi ;)

unfortunately i can't use empire anymore
    daily_picdump_2749_640_14__800.jpg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ShannonP35 wrote: »
    Im top 10 in Arena. I've been running Empire from day 1 in Arena. They used to suck but now i will take 1st place. I beat all the meta teams. I run EP zeta lead Vader,Thrawn,Storm,and Shore. EP leadership is the 1st thing you should zeta its like night and day. JTR squads I throw in Grand Moff and take out Storm.Im still shocked that Empire is meta

Nice team! i want to build the same. The double tank is essential for defense isn‘t it? What mods do you use? Speed sets on the most toons?
  • I'm trying to transition from Phoenix to Empire and had a question for more experienced players. What would be the best off-tank to use until stormtrooper, unlocked yesterday, catches up in gear/stars?

Currently running
    Palpatine(l) 7* G8
    Vader 6* G9
    Shoretrooper 4* G7
    Thrawn 5* G6

Fifth member could be Kanan/Chopper/STH/KRU. The two phoenix members are the most geared but not sure if STH's tm gain/removal or KRU's additional debuff and self healing might serve better.
  • is TFP viable under a zpalp lead now?
  • I need help guys! I want to return to a DS team and I have been having mixed results - I am mainly struggling against JTR teams - I just don't seem to be able to beat them consistently - I don't know if it is my team composition or what, I have the following arena-ready characters available:

- zzVader: G12
    - zPalps: G12 (Zeta on leader)
    - zzThrawn: G12
    - Shore: G12
    - Tarkin: G12
    - Death Trooper: G12
    - Nihlus: G12
    - TFP: G12
    - KRU: G12
    - Starck: 7* Nearly G12

I have pretty strong mods and I can have mods to make a character at +133, +121 & +114. I also have 1x Zeta ready to use.

I have tried the following teams with varying degrees of success:

- Palps(L), Vader, Thrawn, Shore & Nihlus
    - Palps(L), Vader, Thrawn, Shore & Starck
    - Palps(L), Vader, Thrawn, Shore & KRU
    - Palps (L), Vader, Thrawn, Shore & Tarkin

All 4 of these sempt to hold OK but my offence was so hit and miss - I am winning maybe 50% max against JTR teams. So at the moment, I have switched back to my Ackbar, CLS, Han, Thrawn, R2 combo and I win 99% of the battles AND barely drop out of top 25 - I really want to use a DS team because i enjoy them more, but unless I find a better team combo I have no incentive to switch from Ackbar.

So I have some questions:

1.From the CHARACTERS THAT I HAVE what is the best team combo?
    2. Who should I place a Zeta on next
    3. How should I mod said new team i.e. who should have the +133, +121 & +114 speeds?
    4. How should I use this team against JTR teams

I do NOT have GK - I am at 95/145 to unlock so maybe a month away yet. I do NOT have Krenic either only at 3* low gear. I do NOT have Wampa either - I am working on Hermit Yoda still.

Any advice is appreciated!

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • @TurgonGW All those teams are pretty solid. It's just a matter of speed imo. DV must have the best mods to inflict his debuffs, gain 100% TM, replay and use Culling Blade to feed TM to the team. Next is Thrawn.
    So for me, keep a full empire team to have that +8 bonus from the Vader's unique. Don't fracture GK on the Rey team at your opening, wait until Rey is not stealthed and fracture her. And finally let the hate flow ...
  • TurgonGW wrote: »
    I need help guys! I want to return to a DS team and I have been having mixed results - I am mainly struggling against JTR teams - I just don't seem to be able to beat them consistently - I don't know if it is my team composition or what, I have the following arena-ready characters available:

I have pretty strong mods and I can have mods to make a character at +133, +121 & +114. I also have 1x Zeta ready to use.

All 4 of these sempt to hold OK but my offence was so hit and miss - I am winning maybe 50% max against JTR teams. So at the moment, I have switched back to my Ackbar, CLS, Han, Thrawn, R2 combo and I win 99% of the battles AND barely drop out of top 25 - I really want to use a DS team because i enjoy them more, but unless I find a better team combo I have no incentive to switch from Ackbar.

3. How should I mod said new team i.e. who should have the +133, +121 & +114 speeds?

I do NOT have GK - I am at 95/145 to unlock so maybe a month away yet. I do NOT have Krenic either only at 3* low gear. I do NOT have Wampa either - I am working on Hermit Yoda still.

Vs. RJT teams it helps if you have DN unique that applies health down to the enemy - when they crit can cleanse it on their early turns that helps give your team a good deal of starting turn meter - as much as 15% when RJT does her assist call move. That early TM during the first actions can have a big impact. Since RJT will almost always be going before your team, having health down on BB8 / R2 / RJT is very beneficial. I notice a large difference in the performance of zeta DN teams and non-zeta DN teams vs. RJT.
    I need help guys! I want to return to a DS team and I have been having mixed results - I am mainly struggling against JTR teams - I just don't seem to be able to beat them consistently - I don't know if it is my team composition or what, I have the following arena-ready characters available:

I currently use:

EzPz, Vader (no z), DzNz, Thrawn (no z), and KRUz (was GK... Testing kru currently).

Vader as fast as possible. Thrawn second best. EP then DN.

Against rjt I don't have issues. I keep them slowed with DN and keep feeding myself TM with Vader and Thrawn. The key is fracturing rjt. After that they barely get to go.

Mirror matches are harder. Which is why I'm dropping GK. I'm building shore but it'll be a while. Kru offers a lot of control against rjt thanks to all the debuffs and his cleansing stun.

I recommend DN. The drain force is amazing. Tarkin works well as well with his TM manipulation.

• LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    TurgonGW wrote: »

I currently use:

EzPz, Vader (no z), DzNz, Thrawn (no z), and KRUz (was GK... Testing kru currently).

Against rjt I don't have issues. I keep them slowed with DN and keep feeding myself TM with Vader and Thrawn. The key is fracturing rjt. After that they barely get to go.

Mirror matches are harder. Which is why I'm dropping GK. I'm building shore but it'll be a while. Kru offers a lot of control against rjt thanks to all the debuffs and his cleansing stun.

I recommend DN. The drain force is amazing. Tarkin works well as well with his TM manipulation.

you are doubting me if I give z a palp or not. currently I use zzthrawn vader zep (no lead) shore and gk. I can beat any team without changing a pg. i need palp? can hold better in defense?

if i insert dn instead of shore against ns maybe i lose a battle, if i insert dn instead of gk i can lose against cls or rey...why palp is better tha thrawn??
  • I run zzEP, Vader, zThrawn, zTarkin, and RaidHan. Against other EP teams, I stun Vader first and then I win cuz they never get a turn. :) Against JTR, it's a bit trickier, but as others have said, the key is fracturing JTR and being patient enough.

Once I unlock IPD JTR teams should be a breeze, but I'm not sure how I would fare against other EP teams if I replace RaidHan with IPD, or maybe Tarkin would be replaced by IPD. Might be one of those things where I have to mix and match depending on who I'm fighting.
  • LordInuy wrote: »
    TurgonGW wrote: »

I currently use:

you are doubting me if I give z a palp or not. currently I use zzthrawn vader zep (no lead) shore and gk. I can beat any team without changing a pg. i need palp? can hold better in defense?

if i insert dn instead of shore against ns maybe i lose a battle, if i insert dn instead of gk i can lose against cls or rey...why palp is better tha thrawn??

It is the tm manipulation that makes EP lead really good and much faster than Thrawn.
  • It is the tm manipulation that makes EP lead really good and much faster than Thrawn.

Yes. I've found it much more effective than a Thrawn lead. Once Vader gets going, the enemy team barely gets a turn. It works best if Vader is very fast to start with (and of course he's made faster by his new unique). Vader opens with his AOE, and then throws his saber to consume his debuffs and give your squad TM.
  • I currently run a troopers team of thrawn(L) veers, stark, snow and storm. I'm only level 76 and am still climbing the ranks in PvP, cutrently top 500. I have palp and vader unlocked and am wondering if they would do better than my troopers even though I'm a little way off zetas. I went all out farming mods so I can put +101 speed on vader to make him fast but does that technique need the zeta on palp to be effective?

Any thoughts would be appreciated
  • I currently run a troopers team of thrawn(L) veers, stark, snow and storm. I'm only level 76 and am still climbing the ranks in PvP, cutrently top 500. I have palp and vader unlocked and am wondering if they would do better than my troopers even though I'm a little way off zetas. I went all out farming mods so I can put +101 speed on vader to make him fast but does that technique need the zeta on palp to be effective?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

I tried EP without the leader zeta and it doesn't work near as well. The tm gain is what makes it work. Not saying it wouldn't be effective as you climb. It just doesn't work as well without the leader zeta. I think ep will be a good first zeta though... Depending on what is released in between now and you get your first zeta. It is a good leader without the zeta but won't hold well in the top 100. With zeta it becomes a top 10 payout with proper squad and decent mods.
  • Anyone have mod suggestions for grand moff tarkin?
  • Anyone have mod suggestions for grand moff tarkin?

Potency and crit damage.
  • I am ranked number 1 in my shard. I run EP (L)zeta Thrawn,Zader,Shore,and Grand Moff. I beat a nearly unbeatable JTR team you don't need 2 tanks Grand Moff is deadly. I remember when CLS was meta i was run Imperial Troopers then i couldn't even make top 50 but now im number 1. I got Vader to 225 speed. ShoreTrooer is a must. I can beat any team. Empire always strike back. It feels so good cause day 1 i was all in with Empire i NEVER ran anything but Empire in Arena. I built this team with my own 2 hands. Now rebels feel how we feel Revenge is sweet. My shard is May 2016 shard very tough. Im number 1 for a reason i was always loyal to Empire. Im so glad i didn't farm DK
    I am ranked number 1 in my shard. I run EP (L)zeta Thrawn,Zader,Shore,and Grand Moff. I beat a nearly unbeatable JTR team you don't need 2 tanks Grand Moff is deadly. I remember when CLS was meta i was run Imperial Troopers then i couldn't even make top 50 but now im number 1. I got Vader to 225 speed. ShoreTrooer is a must. I can beat any team. Empire always strike back. It feels so good cause day 1 i was all in with Empire i NEVER ran anything but Empire in Arena. I built this team with my own 2 hands. Now rebels feel how we feel Revenge is sweet. My shard is May 2016 shard very tough. Im number 1 for a reason i was always loyal to Empire. Im so glad i didn't farm DK

How do you mod tarkin?

Ep(L) Vader,Thrawn,Shore,and Grand Moff. Took number 1 with this team. Vader needs + 100 speed Thrawn around 235 Grand Moff 215- 220 Shore 190 EP 215 you should have no problems against JTR teams it won't be easy but you will win cause i have Good Luck
    I am ranked number 1 in my shard. I run EP (L)zeta Thrawn,Zader,Shore,and Grand Moff. I beat a nearly unbeatable JTR team you don't need 2 tanks Grand Moff is deadly. I remember when CLS was meta i was run Imperial Troopers then i couldn't even make top 50 but now im number 1. I got Vader to 225 speed. ShoreTrooer is a must. I can beat any team. Empire always strike back. It feels so good cause day 1 i was all in with Empire i NEVER ran anything but Empire in Arena. I built this team with my own 2 hands. Now rebels feel how we feel Revenge is sweet. My shard is May 2016 shard very tough. Im number 1 for a reason i was always loyal to Empire. Im so glad i didn't farm DK

How do you mod tarkin?

I got Grand Moff round 215 speed no zeta Gear 12 My Thrawn is fast i switch with Grand Moff offence down and then turn meter removal be sure to have your tank taunting when you do this so he can take damage. Grand Moff is so good before him i was running a maxed out StormTrooper with zeta but he was dead weight I hope they change his zeta its only good for arena.
    ShannonP35 wrote: »

How do you mod tarkin?

I got Grand Moff round 215 speed no zeta Gear 12 My Thrawn is fast i switch with Grand Moff offence down and then turn meter removal be sure to have your tank taunting when you do this so he can take damage. Grand Moff is so good before him i was running a maxed out StormTrooper with zeta but he was dead weight I hope they change his zeta its only good for arena.

So just speed?

How do you mod tarkin?

So just speed?

https://swgoh.gg/u/gaidal cain/

Check out my tarkin.

How do you mod tarkin?

So just speed?

Yes but potency and health mods you have to farm for about a week or 2 to get good speed secondary i don't have speed challenge unlocked yet
  • Any good Empire teams to take down the HAAT raid?
  • Any good Empire teams to take down the HAAT raid?

Troopers do well under a Veers lead (with zeta).
  • Edit. For phase 4.