The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• I think I know what we are all thinking...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I think I know what we are all thinking...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bmXywWus8

That's my theme song!
  • Ooo... All things Empire!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    So knews of the Empire event surely means more Vader Shards. I'm still 19 away from 6 star. Sadly no Emperor just yet. What type of move set should he have?

He's the Emperor, and the Royal Guard are specifically assigned to protect him. So something like:

Unlimited Power: The Emperor gains 100% offense when below half health.

Synergize well with RG and it works because when he shouts Unlimited Power in the film he is close to death.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The Emperor
    Force Lightning (basic)
    Deal physical damage and stun the target for 2 turns.

Unlimited Power (special)
    Deal massive physical damage and gain 100% offense if the Emperor is below 50% health.

Quite Safe from your Pitiful Band (unique)
    The Emperor regains full protection if he has not been attacked for 2 turn.

Presence of the Emperor (leader)
    All Empire allies gain 30 potency and 30 tenacity

Thoughts?
  • If I can add to the discussion, for those who have an interest in using Empire.

I am on an early December Server, so there are some very powerful teams in PvP. Though Empire may not be about to get to T-10, they can still be effective in 50-100. Yesterday I was paid out at 47th, and only dropped 3 spots in 14 hours. I use strictly Empire on offense and defense. As if right now, I'm sitting at 43rd. I had to pay for a refresh the other day to climb from 150, but that's because I was only doing my 3 matches per day.

I now want to make a point that they CAN be used, so I will complete all 5 matches, with no refreshes.

PpVDsPs.jpg

They are fun to play with, but very expensive to gear up. Though some of them don't require raid gear to get to Gear 9, they need multiple pieces at 9 and 10.

Here's a quick overview of the three rarer toons I have. Most people already know about Royal Guard and Vader.

Grand Moff Tarkin
    5kWb2NZ.jpg

- Fully maxed, he has 39% potency
    His AoE will proc 40-60% of the time, and will remove a significant amount of tm when it does process. Offense down will work on 4 out of 5 toons all the time.

- +10% bonus damage on basic per living ally.
    Depending on opponent stats, his basic will hit for 4.5k-18k in PvP (18k with a Vader lead and offense up). Unfortunately there is no Empire character that will grant group offense up, so you will usually peak at 13-15k)

- He has low health and protection, and is very slow.

Stormtrooper
    nUeyyFo.jpg

- +13% defense bonus per living Empire ally, plus grants defense-up on special. He can take a hit, over and over again.

- high damage variance. From use, with an omega basic, his range is 1350-7800, with an average of 3800. I haven't tried his basic with a Vader lead or offense up, yet.

- Two turn taunt, with an available three turn with omega.

- he has low health and protection, and a three turn taunt would be suicide.

Magmatrooper
    K22gpek.jpg

- 40k health pool. He will be your last man standing.

- 60% base tenacity, with a boost of up to 30% on passive with omega. I'm unsure if that would be a total of 93% or 78%, but it's still impressive.

- gains 60% turn meter when he resists a negative side-effect. He will be talking a lot of turns in raids and PvP, and will rarely be stunned.

- AoE ignores armor, but will generally inflict 2400-2800 damage, and up to 3800 with Vader lead. Turn meter reduction hardly procs in raids, but will proc occasionally in PvP.

- 7% potency, until fully geared. At that point, he will have 89%

- Basic damage will generally hit for 2200-2800, and extra attack will proc every second turn.

Be careful during door phases if he's one of your last characters standing, as he can trigger the door when you don't want to. Because of his turn meter gain on resistance, he will occasionally get stuck in a back and forth battle with GG, when GG has taunt and retribution until he's dead, or he kills the guard.

If you want more info, don't hesitate to either PM me, or if @aero is okay with it, post questions here, and we can do our best to answer them.

I will consider ally requests if you want to test any of these characters out. Priority will be given to those who offer other unique characters.
  • Aero wrote: »
    The Emperor
    Force Lightning (basic)

Deal massive physical damage and gain 100% offense if the Emperor is below 50% health.

The Emperor regains full protection if he has not been attacked for 2 turn.

Thoughts?

I think he should grant offense up to all Empire allies with "Power of the Darkside", but other than that, I like it.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Absolutely don't hesitate to put any questions here!

I run a similar team, but with Veers instead of Stormtrooper.

eQUUliu.png

This screenshot was taken earlier today, I am currently 134. Pretty typical, I can climb into the top 100 then fall to about here. My server is from Day 1, but granted @1AmYourFath3r has his geared up more than me.

Regarding gear, here's what I have to say. There's a lot of 50 piece farmable gear for these guys. But those give good stats, so perhaps worth it. Not much raid gear is needed. For characters - Vader, Tarkin, Magmatrooper, and Snowtrooper - only need a single droid caller to get to gear 10. Veers and Stormtrooper need only two, a design tech and a security scanner. And Royal Guard needs two, a droid caller and a security scanner. Overall not too bad! Lots of droid callers.

I used to run a clone team with Rex, Sarge, Fives, Plo Koon, and RG and finish 1st regularly. I'm finding the Empire is more fun to play as to the extent that I'm ok with my bracket drop.
    The Emperor
    Force Lightning (basic)

The Emperor gains 100% offense when we drops below 50% health.

The Emperor regains full protection of he has not been attacked for 1 turn.

Thoughts?

How about this

Basic:force lightning: deal physical damage to target enemy with a 50 percent chance to stun for 2 turns and a 40 percent chance to grant empire allies 20 percent turn meter

Special: imperial resources: empire allies gain speed up and offense up for 2 turns with a 45 percent chance to inflict accuracy down(debuff of my own design)(50 percent chance for attack to be deflected) on a random opponent

Special 2:meditation: give sith allies foresight for 1 turn and empire allies gain tactical genius with a 50 percent chance to give all allies advantage for 1 turn

Special 3:saber rush: deal physical damage to all enemies and steal 50 percent of the enemies current turn meter, granting imperial allies half of that amount, with a 20 percent chance to inflict speed down on a random enemy

Leader:same as yours:

Unique:unlimited power: when Palpatine reaches 25 percent health or less, all of his cool downs are reset and he regains any buffs he had earlier in the match and takes 30 percent less damage.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
    Absolutely don't hesitate to put any questions here!

I run a similar team, but with Veers instead of Stormtrooper.

eQUUliu.png

This screenshot was taken earlier today, I am currently 134. Pretty typical, I can climb into the top 100 then fall to about here. My server is from Day 1, but granted @1AmYourFath3r has his geared up more than me.

Regarding gear, here's what I have to say. There's a lot of 50 piece farmable gear for these guys. But those give good stats, so perhaps worth it. Not much raid gear is needed. For characters - Vader, Tarkin, Magmatrooper, and Snowtrooper - only need a single droid caller to get to gear 10. Veers and Stormtrooper need only two, a design tech and a security scanner. And Royal Guard needs two, a droid caller and a security scanner. Overall not too bad! Lots of droid callers.

I used to run a clone team with Rex, Sarge, Fives, Plo Koon, and RG and finish 1st regularly. I'm finding the Empire is more fun to play as to the extent that I'm ok with my bracket drop.

And lots of scanners to max out I believe Storm needs 3 scanners and 1 tech :open_mouth:
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Emperor having an offense up skill could certainly help the Empire, indeed. I certainly like my proposed leader ability though, potency and tenacity.
    Emperor having an offense up skill could certainly help the Empire, indeed. I certainly like my proposed leader ability though, potency and tenacity.

I like the added potency and tenacity as well
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • In the end.....

AA and Leia > Empire 5 man team.

Shameful.

My suggestion is make empire team have tarkin add bonus for 5 empire man team. Potency and Speed up minimum 2 turns
  • In the end.....

AA and Leia > Empire 5 man team.

Shameful.

My suggestion is make empire team have tarkin add bonus for 5 empire man team. Potency and Speed up minimum 2 turns

Or rework veers to grant potency, as his leader ability is a cheep version of Vader's
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Whatching you guys having fun with the Empire, I regret not pushing things farther when I started doing so. I'm 15 shards away of 6* Vader, so perhaps I may resume my work now. Specially because it is reasonable to gear them without raid only items until a good level to remain <200 in arena (which I am fine with).

What setup you guys recommend based on my current toons? https://swgoh.gg/u/ronoaldo/collection/?f=empire Would Tarkin, RG, Magma, Snow and Vader worth gear up? I'm farming Veers on his three hard nodes, and close to 6*. Stormtrooper can get my saved tokens in cantina shipments, but I'm away from 6* yet.

Tarkin and Vader are a droid caller away from G9. RG is already at G9 and the troopers are quite week and underleveled, but that could work after some basic gear farming.

Also, do you guys have luck beating teams with Rey/RG or Rey/STHan combo without a taunt or dispeller? Any strategies are apreciated as they are all over the place at my shard. It is an late november shard by the way.

Thanks!
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    That team you mention is the same team I run and @1AmYourFath3r run, except instead of Veers/Stormtrooper you have Snowtrooper. Snowtrooper isn't bad, and it can definitely hold top 200. Focus on getting the gear and levels up. I do prefer Veers long run, however.

As a quick correction, Vader doesn't need a droid caller for gear 9,and I see you have him at gear 9. I believe you mean gear 10.

As far as beating Rey/RG and Rey/St Han, it's harder but doable. RG is still your taunt. With St Han I just stun him, easy enough. With RG you have to be careful to proc his taunt when he has a lot of turn meter, and then try to AOE everyone else to under half health so he doesn't proc again (Tarkin, Vader, Veers, Magmatrooper, Snowtrooper all have good damage AOE).
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It'**** tossup on who to use as a leader, but frankly, until their potency is improved, tm reduction isn't a viable utility at the moment, so I'd recommend Tarkin as leader for speed. Snow is okay - not great...yet (I only have 7* g9) so I use magma instead, for his health pool. Magma is slowly proving himself in battle and growing on me a little. But I think a geared up Snow has potential, as he adds 13% tm gain for all Empire allies whenever anyone dies, and he hits harder then magma.

I can say, focus on Tarkin. He's by far the most useful Empire character, and with a dual taunt team, he's well protected. Everyone else has the health to survive.

The only team I really shy away from is a Dooku led team, as Empire are heavy AoE users - even Tarkin's offense down triggers Dooku's leader ability (I think it's a bug).

If you're against a RG/Rey, try to take Rey down to just above 50%, and use culling blade to KO her or Tarkin Basic - focus on RG until it's Vader or Tarkin's turn. This can be tricky, especially if Magma's basic procs and she's hit. NO AOE's when she's just above 50. Once she's gone, take out RG and dismantle the rest of the team, one by one.

When it's stHan/rey, I go for Han right away, debuff the shot out of Rey, and trigger Storm's taunt to protect Tarkin. He's your MVP.

This has proven successful for me in the past, but still challenging. I'll always take on a team without this combination if given the chance though - especially the evasion led teams. But OB is much easier than Dooku when you have Vader. Vader's ability block is guaranteed against Jedi, even if the attack is evaded.

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I tend to have trouble with Vader getting stunned and then all the debuffs going away before he can use culling blade, and his cooldowns are quite long.

Also there's some trouble with Tarkins offense down not really counting. Vader cannot remove it with his special and it doesn't seem to affect Reys unique ability.
    I tend to have trouble with Vader getting stunned and then all the debuffs going away before he can use culling blade, and his cooldowns are quite long.

Also there's some trouble with Tarkins offense down not really counting. Vader cannot remove it with his special and it doesn't seem to affect Reys unique ability.

I've noticed this too about Culling Blade age Tarkin offense down, but I'm sometimes happy it stays behind lol. And that's definitely the risk of using Vader. If it's a Dooku, Daka, RG, Rey, +1, I won't even attempt to battle them.
  • Thanks guys, I am getting enthusiastic with this :-)
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I am getting enthusiastic with this :-)

That's the idea behind this thread! Just don't get discouraged at first with Arena because it's quite a shock and it's definitely harder
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I am getting enthusiastic with this :-)

That's the idea behind this thread! Just don't get discouraged at first with Arena because it's quite a shock and it's definitely harder

There's definitely a lot of strategy involved - you can't necessarily target one opponent at a time.

But, another day of completing my 5 PvP battles, I've placed in t-50 again (44th)
  • Sorry to change subject. But has anyone gotten close to the "possible" rewards on the event. I know its not a guarantee. But i could really use the mil creds.
  • Sorry to change subject. But has anyone gotten close to the "possible" rewards on the event. I know its not a guarantee. But i could really use the mil creds.

Uhh...wrong thread maybe...?
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Ya sorry
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Sorry to change subject. But has anyone gotten close to the "possible" rewards on the event. I know its not a guarantee. But i could really use the mil creds.

It's relevant to the overall point if this thread!

My guess, since we know the reward won't be the Emperor, this will simply be the reciprocal of the Rebel event. Reward will be 1M and 10 Vader shards plus a bunch of shards for Rebel characters. Just a guess.
  • That's one question i have. When are we going to see a dark side event. So we can get our imperial toons up.
    Sorry to change subject. But has anyone gotten close to the "possible" rewards on the event. I know its not a guarantee. But i could really use the mil creds.

My guess, since we know the reward won't be the Emperor, this will simply be the reciprocal of the Rebel event. Reward will be 1M and 10 Vader shards plus a bunch of shards for Rebel characters. Just a guess.

Not being the emporer doesn't rule out scout, pilot, and commander. So, it doesn't mean it won't be a new character.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »

Not being the emporer doesn't rule out scout, pilot, and commander. So, it doesn't mean it won't be a new character.

I'm not setting my heart on any of these characters because the Empire currently does not have any premium characters, so the next one will likely be premium.

My worst fear is next week when we get the next Aurodium it will be The Emperor. Seeing the Emperor behind a paywall makes me a bit sick, but then again I thought they were extremely generous with Yoda.
    Aero wrote: »

I'm not setting my heart on any of these characters because the Empire currently does not have any premium characters, so the next one will likely be premium.

My worst fear is next week when we get the next Aurodium it will be The Emperor. Seeing the Emperor behind a paywall makes me a bit sick, but then again I thought they were extremely generous with Yoda.

This would be my reaction to that http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me