The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Durrun wrote: »
    Having zetad tarkins unique I can confirm that it's not overly fantastic. It's giving me about 5-6000 extra damage on Firepower on a full debuffed team, crits for 18-22k now. It's nice but Death and Thrawn are much higher priority. Also interesting to note I've gotten my Thrawn to give tarkin turn meter every single opening move now. Why? Not sure but I think it's cause when everyone is at full hp tarkin has the lowest natural protection.

It is lowest overall health and protection as far as I know.

I agree that Tarkin's unique is not required but once Krennic is protected by DT's Zeta, Tarkin is the squishiest toon by far without his own zeta. When I ran Zader the permaDOTs turned Tarkin into a tank.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Durrun wrote: »
    Having zetad tarkins unique I can confirm that it's not overly fantastic. It's giving me about 5-6000 extra damage on Firepower on a full debuffed team, crits for 18-22k now. It's nice but Death and Thrawn are much higher priority. Also interesting to note I've gotten my Thrawn to give tarkin turn meter every single opening move now. Why? Not sure but I think it's cause when everyone is at full hp tarkin has the lowest natural protection.

It is lowest overall health and protection as far as I know.

I agree that Tarkin's unique is not required but once Krennic is protected by DT's Zeta, Tarkin is the squishiest toon by far without his own zeta. When I ran Zader the permaDOTs turned Tarkin into a tank.

That's correct, it's the lowest eHP (health + protection) which will usually be Tarkin on most empire squads. And yep, the extra damage is cool but the big difference is how tanky he becomes. He's able to take quite the beating with the zeta
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    With krennic and tarkin zeta I'm considering a no tank squad
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    With krennic and tarkin zeta I'm considering a no tank squad

That's an interesting idea, but sounds risky. You thinking zThrawn, Krennic, DT, Tarkin, and Veers?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    My veers isn't much geared plus I'm not sure he adds enough, I'm thinking I need anti Rex. Nihilus, B2 even.
    Side question, anyone with Thrawn zeta lead tried him with Chirrut? Might be some crazy prot regen
  • So I am 'optimistically' farming tenacity mods for my zzThrawn(L) trooper team knowing that I am probably wasting time. My hope is that with good secondary tenacity stats and a tenacity cross on each toon, I will be able to reach >110 tenacity on everyone and resist most abilities and debuffs while gaining 20% tm each time.

Do y'all think this could be a good idea or should i just farm cc/cd mods instead?
  • EldMapat wrote: »
    So I am 'optimistically' farming tenacity mods for my zzThrawn(L) trooper team knowing that I am probably wasting time. My hope is that with good secondary tenacity stats and a tenacity cross on each toon, I will be able to reach >110 tenacity on everyone and resist most abilities and debuffs while gaining 20% tm each time.

Do y'all think this could be a good idea or should i just farm cc/cd mods instead?

Waste of time for anyone who isn't Thrawn. If you reach 110% tenacity, and fight someone with 75% potency (for example, Nihilus has a 45% base potency, so a potency cross gets him almost entirely there), you'll resist 35% of the time -- or only 20% more than you'll resist with 0 tenacity. Thrawn could be different because of his 100% tenacity gain when he fractures someone. Better to cleanse and out-damage them.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Waste of time for anyone who isn't Thrawn. If you reach 110% tenacity, and fight someone with 75% potency (for example, Nihilus has a 45% base potency, so a potency cross gets him almost entirely there), you'll resist 35% of the time -- or only 20% more than you'll resist with 0 tenacity. Thrawn could be different because of his 100% tenacity gain when he fractures someone. Better to cleanse and out-damage them.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with @Indominable_J Tenacity mods are almost useless in this game.

• Waste of time for anyone who isn't Thrawn. If you reach 110% tenacity, and fight someone with 75% potency (for example, Nihilus has a 45% base potency, so a potency cross gets him almost entirely there), you'll resist 35% of the time -- or only 20% more than you'll resist with 0 tenacity. Thrawn could be different because of his 100% tenacity gain when he fractures someone. Better to cleanse and out-damage them.

I could also replace a trooper with magma to get an additional 30 tenacity pushing it to >140. That would mean that against most nihilus', I would have 50% chance to resist. But on the other hand for rex who for the most part will have a low potency, I will almost have 100% chance to resist. Idk, I want to see it work but I'm sure it won't be that effective. I would most likely have the most tenacious team out there lol
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    EldMapat wrote: »

I could also replace a trooper with magma to get an additional 30 tenacity pushing it to >140. That would mean that against most nihilus', I would have 50% chance to resist. But on the other hand for rex who for the most part will have a low potency, I will almost have 100% chance to resist. Idk, I want to see it work but I'm sure it won't be that effective. I would most likely have the most tenacious team out there lol

Nihlus drain force doesn't go through a potency tenacity check goes straight through Rex tenacity up even.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    EldMapat wrote: »

TM gain also works when you suffer a debuff, not only when you resist a detrimental effect, and with Thrawn lead you can cleanse, so other mods are better option.
  • Slaywalker
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Anyone some advice?

Tried zThrawn Lead (278) with GK (226), DT (236), zDN (230) + Shore (214), fell from 2 to 18 over night.

Now Tarkin Lead (245) with GK (226), DT (250), zDN (230) + zThrawn (249), fell from 2 to 13 overnight

....i wish to not drop so far :) or do i have to accept it that i have to climb now everyday again to "my" spot?

Before my Empire phase i played

lame Rexlead with Zoba RzDz Zihilus and GK and some days i did not loose any rank at all....(max in that time was 10 to which i fell...) dont want to go back to this only to have less trouble in Arena
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Slaywalker wrote: »
    Anyone some advice? Tried Thrawn Lead (278) with GK (226), DT (236), DN (230) + Shore (214), fell from 2 to 18 over night, now Tarkin Lead (245) with GK (226), DT (250), DN (230) + Thrawn (249), fell from 2 to 13 overnight,....i wish to not drop so far :) or do i have to accept it that i have to climb now everyday again to "my" spot? Before my Empire phase i played **** lame Rexlead with Zoba RzDz Nihilus and GK and some days i did not loose any rank at all....(max in that time was 10 to which i fell...) dont want to go back to this only to have less trouble in Arena

You didn't dropped so much before but with the Thrawn era, it's harder to maintain in top position. I think your old team will be wrecked by the current meta.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    My veers isn't much geared plus I'm not sure he adds enough, I'm thinking I need anti Rex. Nihilus, B2 even.
    Side question, anyone with Thrawn zeta lead tried him with Chirrut? Might be some crazy prot regen

We may have to remove you from this thread - we honor the Empire badge and you c(rap on it when you mention putting thrawn with CHAZE!!! :)

We may have to remove you from this thread - we honor the Empire badge and you c(rap on it when you mention putting thrawn with CHAZE!!! :)

Add GK and R2 and you got yourself a badass empire team:)

Add GK and R2 and you got yourself a badass empire team:)

You heard it here first - the ultimate Empire team will be Thrawn, Jedi Luke, General Kenobi, R2D2, and Darth Nihilus!
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    i fought someone in my arena last night with krennic lead and DT (not tried before), but with nihilus and chaze.

really liking empire atm modded sht for tenacity and speed rather than protection and hes loads better. got krennic gxi now so might try replacing boba. currently running ep l sht death tfp and boba, but got krennic 6* gxi and tarkin 7* gx. also got 20 zetas to give someone. not sure who best at this point.
  • @HeroOfCanton

Can you link your account so we can see your mods?

What is your gear and star level for your toons?

You haven't wasted anything, even on Tarkin. He's quite useful in raids.

Lady question, what does your arena shard look like?

@Gaidal_Cain
    https://swgoh.gg/u/heroofcanton/
    I know my Thrawn and death trooper are a little weak gear wise, I'm working on the the stun guns to get them to 10. Once they hit ten, they'll have about half the gear waiting for them.
    Shore and Nihilus are at 6*, Thrawn 5, and death only 4. I know he's definitely a weak point.
    Aside from tarkin, my mods aren't whale level, but fairly solid.
    Shard wise, there is a healthy mix of a couple zaul, a couple Zader, a couple Thrawn (with GK instead of tarkin), a couple zGJ, a couple triple cleanse, a couple nihilus, and couple wedge chaze teams. Aside from the pure sith teams, pretty much everyone aside from me has go (my guild is finally farming heroic recently)
    Aside from a couple assassins, and a couple fast chirrut, my Thrawn usually goes first.

@HeroOfCanton

The gear on Thrawn will help keep him alive longer and will help him hit harder but isn't too big of an issue really. However, the gear/star level on DT is HUGE.

He's an attacker and a slow one at that. He needs two Mk6 Thermal Detonators to gain his max base speed of 124. Your mods are pretty solid but he really needs that extra 12 speed from those Detonators.

In addition, DT hits much harder with Krennic in the line up so missing him AND all those stars and gear is really limiting your squad's potential.

DN is great but it is pretty easy for a human player to keep your DN from getting off annihilate. Especially considering yours isn't all that fast and he gains no bonuses from Thrawn lead. Until your squad gets that first kill, DT can't deathmark anyone which further hampers your squad.

I Think that has a lot to do with your squad's underperformance on defense.

-~-~-~

Once you get DT closer to maxed and if you are able to get Krennic to a usable level, then you will really be able to see that squads potential.

Of course (DT will need his Zeta before you can put Krennic in anyways so that likely won't happen any time soon).

All in all, your mods look really well matched for your toons so good job there.

Shoretrooper from G10 to G11 goes from tank to an impenetrable wall.

Unfortunately he needs the same gear that Tarkin and DT and Thrawn need.

The squad you are running is really really good once maxed. It just looks like you've got a couple solid months of farming ahead of you to get them up to snuff.

@Gaidal_Cain

Sounds good, looks like my line of strategy is gearing DT, then ST, then Thrawn/Tarkin, while getting the stars for DT and leveling and gearing krennic when I get a chance.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Who should I gear and in what order?

I have a 7* Tarkin g10, 6* Thrawn g9 (soon to be g10), 6* DT g9 and 4* ST g9. I also have Zader g10, TFP g11 and EP g11 but I understand that TFP time has passed.

I was planning to 7* DT and gear him after I finished with Thrawn, but if he needs Krennic than maybe I shouldn't bother with him.

I was thinking to use Tarkin as a leader, but once again apparently Thrawn's tm is better than Tarkins speed bonus, so I don't know if I should use him as support or not use him at all.

I know that Shore is good, but my B2 is 7* g11 and still very efficient, and I will unlock GK next week.

I run a Zaul team against rebels and jedi ( with EP Vader DN B2 ), I replace Zaul with Thrawn against Zader or Zaul teams and I switch Thrawn with Zader as leader against cleanse teams. I don't know if any of Tarkin, DT without Krennic or a 4* Shore will bring me something in plus for the moment.

*Krennic is only 3* and I cannot farm him or Shoretrooper.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Who should I gear and in what order?

I have a 7* Tarkin g10, 6* Thrawn g9 (soon to be g10), 6* DT g9 and 4* ST g9. I also have Zader g10, TFP g11 and EP g11 but I understand that TFP time has passed.

I was planning to 7* DT and gear him after I finished with Thrawn, but if he needs Krennic than maybe I shouldn't bother with him.

I was thinking to use Tarkin as a leader, but once again apparently Thrawn's tm is better than Tarkins speed bonus, so I don't know if I should use him as support or not use him at all.

I know that Shore is good, but my B2 is 7* g11 and still very efficient, and I will unlock GK next week.

I run a Zaul team against rebels and jedi ( with EP Vader DN B2 ), I replace Zaul with Thrawn against Zader or Zaul teams and I switch Thrawn with Zader as leader against cleanse teams. I don't know if any of Tarkin, DT without Krennic or a 4* Shore will bring me something in plus for the moment.

*Krennic is only 3* and I cannot farm him or Shoretrooper.

DT doesn't need Krennic to run well. That's true that Krennic gives him CD but it's not mandatory to run him to make DT a good attacker. First you should go for DT since he's an attacker, he'll need his 7* and better gr 11.
    You'll also need a tank like ShT and gr 9 is not enough to stay top 50 (I'm struggling with mine).
    Then you need to define a leader. Thrawn is better if you have really good speed secondaries on all your toons. Otherwise, the speed boost of Tarkin can help.
    If you unlock GK, you can go for him instead of ShT but you'll lose this +15% TM. A good basis could be Tarkin(L), Thrawn, DT, ShT, EP/TFP.
  • Has anyone here put a zeta on storm?
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I've been looking at storm but 9/10 in my arena run nihilus. With his low speed and long CD taunt I fear he'll be a dead slot zeta or no
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @EldMapat
    A few people have and it apparently stinks.

@Aero did and says it is a waste.

I personally have Storm 7* G11 with no Zeta and he's great as is.

If I get down to just him or one or two others, the battle is already lost. No point in an offense boost when his damage is so hit or miss anyways.

Edit:

I have run him in arena:
    Thrawn L
    Krennic
    DT
    Shore
    Storm

But I personally prefer Tarkin in that last spot. Stormtrooper is tough as nails but with Nihilus in pretty much everyone's teams, once DT or Krennic are gone, I've lost pretty much all of my DPS so tankiness just makes it take a little longer to lose.

I think @Mega_Man still uses him.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    So far the best comp for me is: Thrawn lead, DT, Nihilus, Shore, Kenobi. U get a bit of every kit and having 2 dispellers is very useful.

But decided to gear my 5* Krennic to g10 and give omegas, took out one of the tanks and squad is working well too. Would like to keep Shore for the extra TM push, but Kenobi auto-taunt help to protect the team a lot more.

I'm very impressed how Krennic makes DT hits hard, his terminate crits for 25k/30k! Gonna try crit damage mods to see how far it goes. I gave a zeta to DT too, so Chirrut full of buffs using special attack, struggle a non crit for 10k/12k on Krennic.
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    So far the best comp for me is: Thrawn lead, DT, Nihilus, Shore, Kenobi. U get a bit of every kit and having 2 dispellers is very useful.

But decided to gear my 5* Krennic to g10 and give omegas, took out one of the tanks and squad is working well too. Would like to keep Shore for the extra TM push, but Kenobi auto-taunt help to protect the team a lot more.

I'm very impressed how Krennic makes DT hits hard, his terminate crits for 25k/30k! Gonna try crit damage mods to see how far it goes. I gave a zeta to DT too, so Chirrut full of buffs using special attack, struggle a non crit for 10k/12k on Krennic.

If you put Veers, Snow, and Krennic on a squad with DT watch out! That man can hit hard. Against a Rebel squad Terminate can hit for 50k. I've only been able to pull that of in PVE or GW.

I haven't found a squad combo like that in arena that works.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

If you put Veers, Snow, and Krennic on a squad with DT watch out! That man can hit hard. Against a Rebel squad Terminate can hit for 50k. I've only been able to pull that of in PVE or GW.

It's because of GK that Snow is not used in arena. I really prefer Storm and ShT in the team for the double taunt protecting Veers and Thrawn. With the amount of DN who removes buff on basic, it helps. And his expose his great especially against zMaul and Jedis.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

It's because of GK that Snow is not used in arena. I really prefer Storm and ShT in the team for the double taunt protecting Veers and Thrawn. With the amount of DN who removes buff on basic, it helps. And his expose his great especially against zMaul and Jedis.

I don't have much trouble vs GK when using snowtrooper... unless it's combined with Zarriss... then it can be annoying

The crit immunity from GK only lasts one turn so usually enough are gone by the time snowtrooper moves again to blast them with another aoe

He's a solid option and can really wreck the other team once people on the other side start dropping...
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @Gaidal_Cain - My arena team is zzThrawn, zDT, shore, krennic and either tarkin or storm. I love the krennic/DT combo. They are so much fun and can hit really hard. Krennic's basic will crit for 20k to 24k with 216% crit damage and an offense cross plus 25% offense from thrawn's leadership. I can't speak highly enough of the combo. There aren't too many things in the game more fun than seeing a rex going from full health and some protection to dead in one hit.

It is situational as to whether I use Tarkin or storm. I use storm against opposing Thrawn teams and then use Tarkin against almost everyone else.
  • My empire team is up at g10.
    Even g9 they worked well with synergies. Esp veers lead.
    Veers, shore, death, storm and snow.
    Veers AoE not only damages all, but selected one gets hammered by all other present IMPERIAL TROOPERS. Not empire.
    This is a team i've stuck with and plan to keep going.
    It took timeeeee. But they're worth it.
  • Hey @Mega_Man what up?

I am in the same arena shard as your guildmate KEYPER.

I've been using Krennic at 5* G11 and he rocks. I JUST got him to 6* after midnight tonight so I am pretty stoked about that. He's a grind!

I used Storm in place of Tarkin one day last week but I felt like Tarkin added more to my squad. It is interesting that you say you like to use Storm when fighting other Thrawn leads.

I'm the only Thrawn lead presently on my arena so maybe that has something to do with my preference.

Granted my Tarkin is pretty beast. Aside from the Zeta on his lead he is completely maxed.